Romo should follow Nowitzki's lead (great article)

zeroburrito

Reaction score
juckie;2776134 said:
you are completely ignorant to basketball obviously.Do you realize what surrounds Dirk?Complete rubbish for the most part.No Center no SG thast can score.Dirk made first all NBA team again cause he is a top five player and the best PF in the game.He has heart and will too.Did you watch him single handidly will his team to a victory against a great team in Denver the other night?What did the great KG do before he had some talent around him,or Kobe,or Lebron.Learn before u speak.

comparing kg(old team) and james' supporting cast to the mavs....WOW. even comparing the players...ridiculous. all people see are points and rebounds.

juck

Reaction score
Lets say this,Dirk is surrounded by mostly crap.Romo had an all star team around him and still crapped the pooper again every December.Do I think Romo will get it?I hope, I like him and I think hes very intelligent,but I think the superstar money and hype has gotten to him.

juck

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2776145 said:
comparing kg(old team) and james' supporting cast to the mavs....WOW. even comparing the players...ridiculous. all people see are points and rebounds.

Damp=terrible ,maybe worst center in NBA
Antoine Wright=NBA D leaguer
KiDD=hall of fame ,great pg,cant score much though
JHO=good but two sprained ankles are not getting u far in playoffs

Now lets look aty KG
Pierce=HOF clutch
Allen=HOF clutch
Rondo=up and coming pg that can score at will

learn the facts.

juck

Reaction score
Danny White;2776099 said:
If Tony picks a role model to follow, I hope he picks a winner.

Hmmm... let me think:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v321/Schenk/TonyRomoDuncanesque1.jpg

:D

Without Parker and Ginobili hes nothing.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
juckie;2776153 said:
Damp=terrible ,maybe worst center in NBA
Antoine Wright=NBA D leaguer
KiDD=hall of fame ,great pg,cant score much though
JHO=good but two sprained ankles are not getting u far in playoffs

Now lets look aty KG
Pierce=HOF clutch
Allen=HOF clutch
Rondo=up and coming pg that can score at will

learn the facts.

um...i'm sorry to break it to you but that roster you just named is the boston celtics. you know...the team that won the championship last year? his old team was MIN.

juck

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2776158 said:
um...i'm sorry to break it to you but that roster you just named is the boston celtics. you know...the team that won the championship last year?
Im saying Dirk has crap and KG has a good team around him.If dirk did he would excel like KG.The timberwolves were a crap team like the mavs.KG carried them only as far as he could.Cubes will get some low post presence and a SG in.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Comparing a basketball player to a football player in terms of "winning" is nothing short of idiotic.

juck

Reaction score
Primetime42;2776160 said:
Comparing a basketball player to a football player in terms of "winning" is nothing short of idiotic.

well as an athlete

Dirk=heart and will
Romo=o well maybe next year

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
juckie;2776163 said:
well as an athlete

Dirk=hit me and ill quit going to the basket
Romo=hit me and ill jump up and drive my team down the field

fixed

zeroburrito

Reaction score
juckie;2776159 said:
Im saying Dirk has crap and KG has a good team around him.If dirk did he would excel like KG.The timberwolves were a crap team like the mavs.KG carried them only as far as he could.Cubes will get some low post presence and a SG in.

you said what did kg do before he had a cast around him. i replied comparing the mavs to the wolves is ridiculous, but for some strange reason you name the boston celtics.

Primetime42

Reaction score
juckie;2776163 said:
well as an athlete

Dirk=heart and will
Romo=o well maybe next year
If he didn't have heart and will there's no way he'd ever have become the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

DFWJC

Reaction score
nyc;2776181 said:
He won championships without both Parker and Ginobili. :rolleyes:

Gotta back you up on that one. Timmy is one of the best ever...period.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I dont want anybody on our Cowboys team doing anything that can be compared to a Mavs player.

They choke worse than we do.

I'm not implying that this year is a choke. Far from it.

I think theres just something in the water in Dallas for doomed postseason play.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
This is interesting. I think Dirk is an outstanding scorer but I wouldn't necessarily associate him with heart and toughness. I'm thinking back to folding vs. The Heat.. and the debacle vs. the Warriors.. If you'll give him credit for the game 4 win-- give him blame for the losses.

JBS

Reaction score
juckie;2776134 said:
you are completely ignorant to basketball obviously.Do you realize what surrounds Dirk?Complete rubbish for the most part.No Center no SG thast can score.Dirk made first all NBA team again cause he is a top five player and the best PF in the game.He has heart and will too.Did you watch him single handidly will his team to a victory against a great team in Denver the other night?What did the great KG do before he had some talent around him,or Kobe,or Lebron.Learn before u speak.

Get over it, Dirk is NOT and will never be the cornerstone of an NBA championship team. The premier role for Dirk is to either 1) jump ship and play second fiddle to a Dwade or another #1 in the league or 2) Get a #1 on the mavs and let Dirk play 2nd fiddle to him in dallas.

You are an imbecile if you think KG is a #1, he is just like dirk, a damn good #2. How on earth could KG be a #1 if the Celtics are on the verge of making it to the ECF without him. You think the Cavs would be in the ECF without Lebron? Guess again. That is a REAL #1. Just because a player is NOT a #1 does not mean he isn't sick. The NBA has at most 5-6 #1 players, at MOST.

ddh33

Reaction score
I think Dirk and Romo are both completely underappreciated.

Dirk has more skins on the wall, and I think he's one of the 5-7 best players in the world over the last decade.

Romo is one of the best players in the NFL though.

I think they both just deal with things differently. It doesn't make one any better or the other any worse. In fact, both guys will always be bashed until they get that ring that they both seem to want so badly.

In the meatime, I think fans in this area (and even the media) ought to be glad that they get to cover two great players who are genuine good guys.