Romo to speak to the media today at 4:15 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There is also the possibility that Romo decides to remain the backup for the next 2-3 years. Reports say he doesn't want to leave Dallas, so maybe hed prefer to be a backup than retire. Would make PERFECT sense.

He may but then I seriously doubt the Cowboys will hang on to a 25 mill a year deal on a backup role. That in my view would be poor cap management on the Cowboys part.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo-2447/

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thought Jerry was kind of saying it is a week-to-week thing.
There has been press members on TV killing Jerry for that - putting extra pressure on Dak.
It is a week-to-week thing, but for now Romo is backing up Dak until further notice. That's about all I expect them to say. But to say Dak is the starter? For now and forever? Nah, I don't think that'll be addressed until the offseason.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Well, you said he he should do it in an interview, not a PC. So that seems u have some problem with it
No I didn't. I said he COULD do that in an interview. I didn't say he should or shouldn't do anything.

waldoputty

Reaction score
There is also the possibility that Romo decides to remain the backup for the next 2-3 years. Reports say he doesn't want to leave Dallas, so maybe hed prefer to be a backup than retire. Would make PERFECT sense.

True, in a new thread, Jones was quoted as saying Romo would be a great OC lol

rynochop

Reaction score
No I didn't. I said he COULD do that in an interview. I didn't say he should or shouldn't do anything.
Ha, then what's the problem? So he chose to speak to the media. Did you just want him to break off a quote to Spagnola? I'm not sure what your annoyed about here

windjc

Reaction score
He'd have to really want to be the backup here to take that kind of pay cut. lol
If he retires he gets nothing. So if hed rather retire than get traded, then he has already made that decision. "LOL"

waldoputty

Reaction score
It is a week-to-week thing, but for now Romo is backing up Dak until further notice. That's about all I expect them to say. But to say Dak is the starter? For now and forever? Nah, I don't think that'll be addressed until the offseason.

This was exactly Skip's complaint.
He said Dak should not be made to play thinking he is always one bad game from being replaced.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Ha, then what's the problem? So he chose to speak to the media. Did you just want him to break off a quote to Spagnola? I'm not sure what your annoyed about here
lol There is no problem and I don't think anyone is annoyed. People are just speculating on what it could be.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aw ok. Well, they have..as much as they're going to. Jerry stated after the game Romo would be the backup. He reiterated that point in a morning radio call to The Fan this morning. Said Romo would set a record as the most expensive backup in NFL history. Check the Newsfeed Zone. Several articles were written about it.

Honestly, I think this is just Romo speaking to the media simply because he hasn't while he'd been rehabbing. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Well, you got me there. I would've expected something a bit more formal with more typical attention-getting Jones splash. I can't wait for the offseason though. The "most expensive backup" talk will really take off then.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He said Dak should not be made to play thinking he is always one bad game from being replaced.
I don't really have a problem with that. For a few reasons..
1) Who cares what Skip thinks?
2) Dak has risen to every challenge before him. I think the only thing that could take him out is injury
3) If not injury, he'd have to play a horrific game. Not just games where his inexperience shows up. He'd have to be Brandon Weeden bad.
4) Romo isn't just any scrub waiting in the wings. So if you want to stay in the game, then you should play at a high level to stay there.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
True, in a new thread, Jones was quoted as saying Romo would be a great OC lol

I think if that is something Romo is interested in he very well could. If I had to take a guess he is more likely to be involved with covering the games that coaching the games.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I agree with Skip completely on this. It's unfair pressure to put on Dak (or anyone), even though I think he's more than capable of dealing with it.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with that. For a few reasons..
1) Who cares what Skip thinks?
2) Dak has risen to every challenge before him. I think the only thing that could take him out is injury
3) If not injury, he'd have to play a horrific game. Not just games where his inexperience shows up. He'd have to be Brandon Weeden bad.
4) Romo isn't just any scrub waiting in the wings. So if you want to stay in the game, then you should play at a high level to stay there.

I guess the cowboys PR / FO do care what Skip says.
He is doing it on TV - He is also claiming that Romo is in Jerry's ear to get his job back
And that Romo is having a tough time...

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I agree with Skip completely on this. It's unfair pressure to put on Dak (or anyone), even though I think he's more than capable of dealing with it.
It's about as fair as losing your job to injury. I'm sure he'll get over it. You on the other hand have been crying about it for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.