Romo to speak to the media today at 4:15 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's no longer the starter. He shouldn't be holding a media session unless it's something important.
It's not about him being a starter. All players have media sessions. All players are required to speak to the media when asked. Romo is having a media session in the lockerrom like every other player. He's just having it on his off day.

windjc

Reaction score
This type of press conference is very difficult to handle. Hacks will start asking awkward questions and probing.
Please someone show me one shred of evidence that says this is a press conference.

windjc

Reaction score
It's not about him being a starter. All players have media sessions. All players are required to speak to the media when asked. Romo is having a media session in the lockerrom like every other player. He's just having it on his off day.
Exactly. Who are these crazies?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've missed a couple of comments. What's the beef here?
Seemingly, some members believe Romo will discuss the team's quarterback position with the press. I contend that he should do so as well but only AFTER Jerry Jones or Jason Garrett make definitive statements regarding the position first.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Certainly could be. Either way, hope all is well with him, regardless of what this is about.

rynochop

Reaction score
Players, especially ones that aren't starting, usually don't hold a random presser unless it's something important. If Tony just wanted to say he's doing fine and whatnot, he could do that in an interview.
He's been the heart and soul of this team for 10 years, just bite down and deal with it.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
He's been the heart and soul of this team for 10 years, just bite down and deal with it.
Deal with it? You make it sound like anyone here has a problem with it. He can do whatever he wants. It just seems sudden.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand where you're coming from DallasEast. But, I think Romo just wants to put to bed any QB "controversy" talk or any talk of him not being a team guy. By doing so, he is hoping the media will leave Prescott, Elliott, Wit, Dez, etc. alone regarding the matter and talk will be strictly about football. Also, the media can get all their questions out of the way now since the backup QB doesn't have to be and shouldn't be doing interviews with the media during the week.

I respect my QB for trying to get rid of the distraction so the team can keep rolling.
I believe other members see it the same way but I disagree with the prospect of a player speaking first about a roster move that's commonly conveyed to the media by the head coach or general manager first.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The NFL is as much a "typical business" as they come. It's not a St. Jude charity.

Loyalty is commitment to the player. That's irrelevant in this situation. Respect would be speaking on the matter BEFORE Romo does.

Yeah. I would have expected Landry to man up and speak to the media before Staubach. Knowing Landry? That's what would have happened.

What the heck is this sentimental whatchamacallit???

Cowboys have said as for now Romo will be the backup. Could this all change? Maybe so but then no one has a crystal ball that will tell them the future. Everyone assumes Romo will retire or get released next season and maybe that happens however another scenario is Romo competes for the job.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seemingly, some members believe Romo will discuss the team's quarterback position with the press. I contend that he should do so as well but only AFTER Jerry Jones or Jason Garrett make definitive statements regarding the position first.
Aw ok. Well, they have..as much as they're going to. Jerry stated after the game Romo would be the backup. He reiterated that point in a morning radio call to The Fan this morning. Said Romo would set a record as the most expensive backup in NFL history. Check the Newsfeed Zone. Several articles were written about it.

Honestly, I think this is just Romo speaking to the media simply because he hasn't while he'd been rehabbing. Nothing more. Nothing less.

windjc

Reaction score
Cowboys have said as for now Romo will be the backup. Could this all change? Maybe so but then no one has a crystal ball that will tell them the future. Everyone assumes Romo will retire or get released next season and maybe that happens however another scenario is Romo competes for the job.
There is also the possibility that Romo decides to remain the backup for the next 2-3 years. Reports say he doesn't want to leave Dallas, so maybe hed prefer to be a backup than retire. Would make PERFECT sense.

lkelly

Reaction score
He should do sit-ups in his driveway.

afafaa11-4_3.jpg

You know, because of the #fat thing.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Deal with it? You make it sound like anyone here has a problem with it. He can do whatever he wants. It just seems sudden.

Look at Fisher's tweet about the upcoming Romo 'discussion' with Romo's video saying "good job" to Dak after the 50 yard TD to Dez.
It just feels like a passing of the baton to me.

Of course, it could just be me being sentimental :laugh:

rynochop

Reaction score
Well, you said he he should do it in an interview, not a PC. So that seems u have some problem with it

waldoputty

Reaction score
Aw ok. Well, they have..as much as they're going to. Jerry stated after the game Romo would be the backup. He reiterated that point in a morning radio call to The Fan this morning. Said Romo would set a record as the most expensive backup in NFL history. Check the Newsfeed Zone. Several articles were written about it.

Honestly, I think this is just Romo speaking to the media simply because he hasn't while he'd been rehabbing. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Thought Jerry was kind of saying it is a week-to-week thing.
There has been press members on TV killing Jerry for that - putting extra pressure on Dak.

Status
Not open for further replies.