Twitter: Romo update - Seen throwing passes to Beasley during media session

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wish there were video of his dropbacks, planting his foot, driving his arm through the throw and seeing how much velocity he's truly getting on the ball.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think when he returns depends on Sunday and how the Cowboys play at the qb position win or lose.

Proof

Reaction score
As much as I'm looking forward to his return, bringing him back against philly would be foolish.

Proof

Reaction score
If you have to hide your QB from certain teams then he shouldn't be playing at all. If he is ready to go for the Philly game then he should play.

It's not hiding, It's being sensible. First game back against a divisional rival with a great front 7 with the browns sitting there the following week?

No brainer

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you have to hide your QB from certain teams then he shouldn't be playing at all. If he is ready to go for the Philly game then he should play.
I was going to post something similar. Football is football. It's a violent sport, one which is littered with seldom or never injured players who have been severely injured in games or, heck, in practice. Players have even died playing the sport.

Precautions are necessary for anyone playing football. Romo's not an exception. If the doctor, coach and Romo (and Jones :p ) agree that it is time for him to return, it's time because there is never any "right" time in this particular sport for anybody.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
It's not hiding, It's being sensible. First game back against a divisional rival with a great front 7 with the browns sitting there the following week?

No brainer

This is how I feel as well. He will likely need to knock some rust off, so let him do it against a terrible team where we have a better chance of a win.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Good to see Tony progressing the way the org said he would (for a change).

Hearing he has zip on those 30 yard passes makes me feel very encouraged for his return and effectiveness.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Looks like he'll be back for the Browns and that's probably the best possible place to return

I do agree that that would be a good place to work off the rust.

If he's planning to return in a few weeks, he needs to be throwing with velocity now.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do agree that that would be a good place to work off the rust.

If he's planning to return in a few weeks, he needs to be throwing with velocity now.
I'm a little confused because I thought Jason said yesterday that he hadn't even begun doing any lower body work and I don't know how you can walk onto a football field in 2 or 3 weeks if that's the case maybe I heard wrong

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
It won't matter what we do this weekend win or lose, Romo is coming back and going to play when ready.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm a little confused because I thought Jason said yesterday that he hadn't even begun doing any lower body work and I don't know how you can walk onto a football field in 2 or 3 weeks if that's the case maybe I heard wrong

Maybe he meant weight work. He could be doing conditioning-type work without having added leg presses, squats, etc.

nobody

Reaction score
It's good news, but I'd really prefer he hold off until after the bye so he has time to properly condition.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Throwing to receivers in practice with an invisible pass rush is different than completing passes in live action with the defense knowing that it only takes a squeeze and a pile drive to put you back on IR.

Just saying.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm glad he's feeling better. I'm glad to hear that everything is healing nicely.

I look forward to his return. I've always been a Romo guy. I can't really change that about me.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Throwing to receivers in practice with an invisible pass rush is different than completing passes in live action with the defense knowing that it only takes a squeeze and a pile drive to put you back on IR.

Just saying.
That's kind of a d'uh thing to say. He's got to try to get his body ready to even get back to live action to attempt to take a hit first. Won't know if he can take a hit until he actually takes a hit. In the meantime, he's still gotta prepare.