Twitter: Romo update - Seen throwing passes to Beasley during media session

phildadon86

Reaction score
If you have to hide your QB from certain teams then he shouldn't be playing at all. If he is ready to go for the Philly game then he should play.
It's not hiding. It's keeping him out of terrible situations. Philly is known for being dirty just like the Giants against us. Late hits to the back and what not. So why roll him out there just to have Cox or hicks target his lower back?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With next week being a bye week, I wonder if we will get hourly updates instead of daily updates on Romo.

etw926

Reaction score
It's not hiding. It's keeping him out of terrible situations. Philly is known for being dirty just like the Giants against us. Late hits to the back and what not. So why roll him out there just to have Cox or hicks target his lower back?
It is hiding. This is professional football and an injury can happen in any game against any team. Even in practice.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Ok, he can throw a football 30 yards to WR. Check.

Did the injury to his back affect his ability to scramble? Did the injury to his back affect his ability to run? Did the injury to his back affect his ability to audible, run an offense, and go through his proper reads?

I appreciate and applaud Romo's effort to heal as quick as possible. Just be careful, don't overdo the rehab and get a setback. Steady is the course, let that bone heal 100%. Don't want to take any unnecessary chances.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is hiding. This is professional football and an injury can happen in any game against any team. Even in practice.
I agree put him out there and see what we got, who is to say Cleveland is going to be an easy game, this is the NFL anything can happen any given Sunday.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree put him out there and see what we got, who is to say Cleveland is going to be an easy game, this is the NFL anything can happen any given Sunday.

Why is everyone stopping to read this? I simply highlighted the truth in bold. Nothing else to see here. Move along please.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I wonder if he is still going to get "Romo Wednesdays" once he returns.

etw926

Reaction score
These Romo haters need to stop acting like they are so concerned about Tony getting injured against Philly and just admit that they want to see Dak vs Wentz.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Now all we need is some good news on Jaylon and we're off!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Romo could have thrown the ball well enough to play weeks ago. It is being able to take a hit that is the primary problem, IMO.
That's not what's been reported tho. I think the passes a few weeks ago were just tosses. These passes from all the different observations are basically confirming that he's ramping up his rehab.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, he can throw a football 30 yards to WR. Check.

Did the injury to his back affect his ability to scramble? Did the injury to his back affect his ability to run? Did the injury to his back affect his ability to audible, run an offense, and go through his proper reads?

I appreciate and applaud Romo's effort to heal as quick as possible. Just be careful, don't overdo the rehab and get a setback. Steady is the course, let that bone heal 100%. Don't want to take any unnecessary chances.
He was medically cleared a few days ago. Back is completely healed. Per Garrett, it's about conditioning and re-building his core.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not what's been reported tho. I think the passes a few weeks ago were just tosses. These passes from all the different observations are basically confirming that he's ramping up his rehab.
He didn't need to rush anything. If they had told him that he wouldn't have any problems getting hit and if Dak were not winning, I'm almost certain that he would have been throwing long ago. There might have been pain from throwing if he did it weeks ago, but IMO he would have endured the pain if that was the only thing keeping him from playing. It's just my opinion, I obviously can't prove anything one way or the other.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't need to rush anything. If they had told him that he wouldn't have any problems getting hit and if Dak were not winning, I'm almost certain that he would have been throwing long ago. There might have been pain from throwing if he did it weeks ago, but IMO he would have endured the pain if that was the only thing keeping him from playing. It's just my opinion, I obviously can't prove anything one way or the other.
Now this, I actually agree with. He would have tried to rush back if the team were struggling. But he still had to be cleared medically. The last MRI cleared him.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm a little confused because I thought Jason said yesterday that he hadn't even begun doing any lower body work and I don't know how you can walk onto a football field in 2 or 3 weeks if that's the case maybe I heard wrong

Exactly how out of shape do you think he could have become since late-August?