Romo v Henson from BP PC

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wouldn't it be a shame if Bledsoe were to go down sometime during the season, and Romo came in and won a SuperBowl! :eek:

Poor Bledsoe...gets shafted...again! :confused:

:star:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Wait, DBoys, I'm confused. Romo is in his fourth year. Henson is in his third.

It would seem to me that Romo has "passed" the three-year rule given that he is still here, while Henson is in the "prove it or bye bye" stage, as you called it.

DBoys

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Wouldn't it be a shame if Bledsoe were to go down sometime during the season, and Romo came in and won a SuperBowl! :eek:

Poor Bledsoe...gets shafted...again! :confused:

:star:

:lmao2:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
nyc said:
Clove: Dude, we don't need to see anymore Cowboys behind bars... :banghead:
He's in a spare prison, and I hope to see him break out of that spare prison this year.

Back to Henson - At some point in 3 years, don't you need to have a dynamic game or practice, atleast 1?

DBoys

Reaction score
Dale said:
Wait, DBoys, I'm confused. Romo is in his fourth year. Henson is in his third.

It would seem to me that Romo has "passed" the three-year rule given that he is still here, while Henson is in the "prove it or bye bye" stage, as you called it.

Yep your right my bad at least on the 3 year rule. Oh yeah Romo has proved a whole lot on the field :lmao:

Don't get me wrong though I want to see Romo play just as I saw Henson in Europe. I will feel better about about giving an opinion.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Yep your right my bad at least on the 3 year rule. Oh yeah Romo has proved a whole lot on the field :lmao:

Don't get me wrong though I want to see Romo play just as I saw Henson in Europe. I will feel better about about giving an opinion.

Well obviously both players still must prove themselves, but one can easily surmise that Romo has proven himself on the practice field to a much greater extent than has Henson given Parcells' public position on the two (and their placement on the depth chart).

But, my original post dealt solely with the three-year rule, and how I couldn't understand how that applied to Henson still having more time while this being a put-up-or-shut-up year for Romo. As I said, if anything, the three-year rule would seem to indicate the opposite.

DBoys

Reaction score
theogt said:
Employing the same bad argument to emphasize it's weakness isn't creative?

Are you saying you did not see some improvement in Henson?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
BP talked about how Romo is ready to play alot in the preseason. Didn't mention Henson. Preseason is a test for him.

Let the slinging begin.

HE will go with the depth he has now, but is always looking for upgrades.

at least when parcells gives these types of answers, i DO believe what he said:

We are always looking for a back-up QB, but we will also go with what we have. If you try to read anything into it you would be wrong, so don't. (but we will!)
Henson is not in that equation, he is independent of that, so we will see with what we have in him too. (no! he's gone i tell you!)
Who said I don't think highly of Henson? That is a misconception on your part. I am trying to create a situation for him to get more exposure (NFLE) and we will evaluate him when the time comes.

so - is henson gone again now?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Are you saying you did not see some improvement in Henson?
I saw good things and bad things. All in all it was impossible to tell with that joke of a line he had.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That’s a misperception on your part. He hasn’t played much football, so we tried to create a situation on him where he gets some more exposure before we put him through his test.

Clear enough?

superpunk

Reaction score
iceberg said:

We are always looking for a back-up QB, but we will also go with what we have. If you try to read anything into it you would be wrong, so don't. (but we will!)
Henson is not in that equation, he is independent of that, so we will see with what we have in him too. (no! he's gone i tell you!)
Who said I don't think highly of Henson? That is a misconception on your part. I am trying to create a situation for him to get more exposure (NFLE) and we will evaluate him when the time comes.

WE MUST ARGUE THIS!!!!!!!!

wileedog

Reaction score
Even if, as seems likely, Romo enters the season as the solid #2, why would they just kick Henson to the curb?

IMO they will keep him until Bledsoe hangs 'em up. Then they will draft another developmental guy behind Henson. If/When *that* guy passes Henson on the depth chart, that will probably be the end of the experiment. Or conversely Henson may have developed enough over that time to challenge Romo for the top spot.

Either way, I don't see a zero sum game here.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
iceberg said:

You know it doesn't matter... this thread will be out of hand in short order... so let me define it...

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/thread_nowhere.jpg

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
trickblue said:
You know it doesn't matter... this thread will be out of hand in short order... so let me define it...

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/thread_nowhere.jpg

:hammer:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
trickblue said:

some things just have an erie life of their own. :)