Romo v Henson from BP PC

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Now that we've resolved that issue, who do we need to shoot to keep this thread in line?:)

i'll offer myself up. i'll never notice from the other scars i've earned over the years. : )

DBoys

Reaction score
Nice posts Alexander!

No reason to post in this thread anymore :)

superpunk

Reaction score
iceberg said:
i'll offer myself up. i'll never notice from the other scars i've earned over the years. : )

You really are quite astute.

I really am trying to kill you.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Clove said:
Henson is history. I really rooted for Henson, but the guy just has nothing.

I strongly feel that Romo has a chance to be OUR guy after Bledsoe hangs em up. Just hope we hold on to him.

I too really was pulling for Henson, and I still am. But from the looks of things, Henson is getting caught in the wash and will soon find himself on another roster in a season or two. Just my opinion.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Romo earns the job then great I have no issue with that at all. As for Henson as long as he is on the team and doing what is asked of him by the coaching staff he will still have a chance to prove himself.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I am worried about Henson's future with the team

No, actually we should be worried about QB position of Cowboys for the future. Both Henson and Romo, are reminding BP of his previous backup QBs ( Henson - Hostetlier and Romo - Rutledge,Cavanaugh).

I was hoping one of them reminded him of Phil Simms not his backup QBs. Which makes me think, maybe either one of them aren't going to the future here. And which makes me even more scratch my head of Cowboys not trying to draft QB higher when they get a chance.

Hopefully we'll know more before end of this season.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:
You really are quite astute.

I really am trying to kill you.

really? then i'm not as astute as you'd think. : )

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
No, actually we should be worried about QB position of Cowboys for the future. Both Henson and Romo, are reminding BP of his previous backup QBs ( Henson - Hostetlier and Romo - Rutledge,Cavanaugh).

I know it is a natural tendency to take his comparisons literally, but I don't know if that's the right thing to do.

Who else in his past is Romo going to remind him of?

Simms or Bledsoe?

Testeverde or Lucas?

Hostetler, Glenn Foley or Scott Zolak?

I think he likes Romo's smarts and that was the Rutledge comparison. That and he was a good holder. I don't really believe the comparison was meant as a way he views his future. When he says "I don't know", I believe him.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I know it is a natural tendency to take his comparisons literally, but I don't know if that's the right thing to do.

Who else in his past is Romo going to remind him of?

Simms or Bledsoe?

Testeverde or Lucas?

Hostetler, Glenn Foley or Scott Zolak?

I think he likes Romo's smarts and that was the Rutledge comparison. That and he was a good holder. I don't really believe the comparison was meant as a way he views his future. When he says "I don't know", I believe him.

Of course he doesn't know. Thats why QB position is such a hard position to evaluate. Very few HCs have mastered that art, heck no one really has come to it.

But it didn't take long for BP to compare Ware to LT did it? Its because its easier for him to do that than QB.

It could be BP is doing that on delibrate by not comparing them to any of his previous starting QBs, so as not to pressure on them. Either way, I am not comfortable now anymore with QBs. It could change in Pre-season I guess or in season even.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Dale said:
It's really quite simple. If Parcells and Co. still see potential in Henson, he will be kept around. If they feel he's a lost cause, he will be released (why carry an expensive No. 3 QB you don't like?).

I think the decision hinges entirely around his performance here on out. I don't get the impression Parcells loves Henson as a prospect (it *seems* he is much more enamored by Romo), but that could easily change if Henson improves.

I agree that anyone who suggests they know what will happen is full of Commanders (sounds like a nice substitute for the curse word normally used here, right?). But, I am a little concerned that -- despite Henson's progression in Europe -- he isn't showing enough improvement to signal he is the prospect I once hoped he was.

I wish more people would just follow your lead and let it go ... just ... let it go......

Time to move on with Drew Bledsoe!

I mean, c'mon people, he's a legitimate QB; a probable HOFer. We've got one of the best arms in the league throwing to TO, She, Jason Witten, Crayton and Fabini and fans are still evaluating the talent that Drew Henson doesn't have?

Who knows, perhaps he left it behind, wrapped up in Tom Brady's jock stap. Or maybe he just lost his mojo because all he really ever wanted was to be a Yankee; Parcells is just a big 'ol meanie who hate Henson.

Whatever the case may be, it's obvious that Henson isn't/wasn't the prosect some fans thought he would be; and it is quite possible that Tony Romo is more of a prospect than most thought, initially.

Strange how that works, but it looks that's how it's gonna work.

DBoys

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Of course he doesn't know. Thats why QB position is such a hard position to evaluate. Very few HCs have mastered that art, heck no one really has come to it.

But it didn't take long for BP to compare Ware to LT did it? Its because its easier for him to do that than QB.

It could be BP is doing that on delibrate by not comparing them to any of his previous starting QBs, so as not to pressure on them. Either way, I am not comfortable now anymore with QBs. It could change in Pre-season I guess or in season even.

Let's hope we see something in the preseason :)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
AnyGivenSunday said:
I wish more people would just follow your lead and let it go ... just ... let it go......

I mean, c'mon people, he's a legitimate QB; a probable HOFer. We've got one of the best arms in the league throwing to TO, She, Jason Witten, Crayton and Fabini and fans are still evaluating the talent that Drew Henson doesn't have?

Who knows, perhaps he left it behind, wrapped up in Tom Brady's jock stap. Or maybe he just lost his mojo because all he really ever wanted was to be a Yankee; Parcells is just a big 'ol meanie who hate Henson.

Whatever the case may be, it's obvious that Henson isn't/wasn't the prosect some fans thought he would be; and it is quite possible that Tony Romo is more of a prospect than most thought, initially.

Strange how that works, but it looks that's how it's gonna work.

I think Dustin Long may still be available...

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Fletch said:
I strongly feel that Romo has a chance to be OUR guy after Bledsoe hangs em up. Just hope we hold on to him.

I too really was pulling for Henson, and I still am. But from the looks of things, Henson is getting caught in the wash and will soon find himself on another roster in a season or two. Just my opinion.

See! Here is another example of a poster who is managing change by changing their tune.

OK, who's next?

Get in line guys. This is fun!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
AnyGivenSunday said:
See! Here is another example of a poster who is managing change by changing their tune.

OK, who's next?

Get in line guys. This is fun!

and time can't help you "change your tune"? so you still hold life to be the way you saw it as, say a child?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Tony Romo is being compared to Jeff Rutledge and Matt Cavanaugh. As Shania Twain would say..."That don't impress me much".

All Parcells is trying to figure out is if Romo can be a legitimate back-up NFL QB.

Unfortunately, our future at the QB position is probably not on the roster today.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Tony Romo is being compared to Jeff Rutledge and Matt Cavanaugh. As Shania Twain would say..."That don't impress me much".

Nor should it. Nor was it probably intended to.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I think Dustin Long may still be available...

He was history last year, but may have perhaps made for a decent candidate if the Cowboys weren't so vested in to Henson.

Who knows ...

It is intersting that you remember Dustin Long. I see this forum consists of knowledgable fans.

I'm not too concerned with the back ups. If push comes to shove, I think we'll saddle up and count on Romo. At least, that's what I'm gathering, thus far, from the "horses mouth" (aka Bill Parcells).

I'm no expert though ...

You never know, Henson may end winning the Super Bowl and going to the Pro Bowl this year, but I doubt it.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Nor should it. Nor was it probably intended to.

I agree.

I just wanted to point that out to those talking about a "Romo bandwagon".

BTW, that was a great analogy you had about the clay pots. :bow:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
AnyGivenSunday said:

I mean, c'mon people, he's a legitimate QB; a probable HOFer. We've got one of the best arms in the league throwing to TO, She, Jason Witten, Crayton and Fabini

I didn't realize Fabini had moved to WR or TE

As for QB's we will take one in the first couple rounds next years draft. So we will have a starter for when Bledsoe retires

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I didn't realize Fabini had moved to WR or TE

As for QB's we will take one in the first couple rounds next years draft. So we will have a starter for when Bledsoe retires

heh, fasano, fabini - some italian dude. :)