Romo vs Dak

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
with that kind of pressure, dak would have run into one of his offensive linemen from panic.. then would have heard, "everybody was hurt" "we don't have any talent" smh..

Like this?

BBOPk2a.img

Last edited:

pansophy

Reaction score
Dak slobberers will do anything to deflect that Dak was born into the best offensive line situation in the history of the NFL for a rookie QB. And the worst thing he has had to “suffer” through was last year when he had to get by with only two perennial All-Pros instead of one. Keep in mind the overwhelming majority of QBs will never play with a single All-Pro OL their entire careers, and Romo didn’t until what was basically his last year either (Romo did have solid lines early in his career).
If Dak slobberers weren’t so laughably stupid I would laugh at them, instead you just have to pity them.
We should be happy about that because there are plenty of guys with loads of talent who wash out of the league because they get sacked 100 times in their first couple of seasons and never really get a shot to learn the position. David Carr comes to mind.

At the time I had hoped that Romo would come back into the lineup his final year because he was better than Dak and I had never seen a rookie QB win a super bowl. Debatable whether we had the defense to do it, but we had a better shot with Romo.

But the long-term play to move on from Romo who couldn't stay on the field and replace him with a guy having a record rookie season was a good decision for the franchise. Dak came in with some high level skills, but some of his skills were not NFL quality. Instead of arguing about whether he is better than Romo or not we should be happy that Dak has managed to improve his biggest weaknesses.

Whether you think Dak is a top 5 QB or a top 15 QB, he is by any measure in the top half of QBs in the league. 4th round pick in the same draft that Jones wanted to trade into the 1st round for Paxton Lynch. People forget how bloody fortunate we are.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I know you're insecure and mad online. I can't dispute what you can't even prove. When you prove what you're insinuating I'll dispute your bs post. Until reread the second sentence. As far as the other junk you posted ok insecure guy
People like you always have a title for something that exposes your thoughts, feelings and actions. I’ve never been insecure about anything in my entire life. I grew up feeling as if I were always invincible. But I have been in this skin forever and I know what I know because I have seen, heard and experienced it firsthand. Insecurities wouldn’t allow me to flourish as a man in spite of the bs. One must be secure to deal with and live through it. You would probably commit suicide if you had to live with it.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
For you maybe but not me, I like the whole season, I think maybe people like you should just only tune in for the playoffs, and if Dallas not in
playoffs, just skip the whole season.
The BIG games, are just another game with a lot of hype mixed in to it.
Uhhh ok boss.... love the way YOU cheery pick peoples post to fit your narrative. My point was those games are how great and not so great are measured...good grief :facepalm:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying that I was a huge Tony Romo fan. Living in Iggle country, I would defend him all day against the likes of McNabb, etc. I thought he was hugely underrated and not given much to work with as compared to the other greats of the day. Then Dak had to start his rookie year because Romo got hurt in preseason. Was basically thrust in because he was all we had. Played his *** off. Was Offensive Rookie of the Year. Romo was healthy again towards the end of the year but I wanted to ride the hot hand and stay with Dak. And that's what they did. Romo came in on the last drive against the Iggles in the last game and drove the team to a TD. Storybook ending to a great career. Well deserved. Well earned.
Anyway, here we are into Dak's fourth year and I am wondering how he measures up to the stud that I thought Tony Romo was. I don't have all the comeback stats, I hope someone can chime in with that but I know they both have alot of them. But I have other key QB stats. These are career stats
Romo Dak
Yds/gm 219.1 236.3
Comp pct 65.3 66.7
TD % 5.7 4.6
Int % 2.7 1.9
Pass Rating 97.1 96.9
Total Pass TDs 248 79
Rush Yds 620 1107
Rush TDs 5 21
Years Played 10 3.5
I know alot of you are Romo fans. Does everyone realize how favorably Dak compares to Romo? They are very similar in many stats but Dak has the added advantage of 21 rushing TDs and over 1100 rushing yards.
That's 4 times as many rushing TDs and almost twice as many rushing yards in about a third of a career. I know that Romo was a better pure passer and Dak is a better mobile QB but can we please realize how good we have it to have Dak as our QB for now and the year's to come? And I believe Dak is only gonna get better. What say you?
I like them both, but comparing players who played 10 years apart is silly.

Just QB rating alone, you would need to add 10 points to a player starting in 2006 vs starting in 2016. Romo would be more like 106 or 107 range,

And your yards per game for Romo are WAY off.
That is counting full seasons when he "played" but as a special teams holder. So many games of zeros.
The number is more like 269/game

They are dividing total yards by all games played (even as a holder) instead of games played as a QB (so 127 games instead 156)
PF Reference needs to fix that.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
What’s hilarious is that you want to attribute Witten’s
Success to having played with Romo, while simultaneously making the argument that Romo didn’t have any help and played on bad teams his whole career.

So you’re basically just giving the majority of credit to Romo, while discrediting the level of play of his supporting cast. Including a guaranteed first ballot hall of famer in Jason Witten.

Again that is ridiculous. You can’t have it both ways and claim a guy line Witten benefits from having Romo as his QB, while at the same time poo pooing any supporting players that Romo had. A guy like Romo who at points in his career played with Jason Witten, Terrell Owens, Demarco Murray who had the franchise record season rushing performance, Tyron smith for a whole bunch of years. Travis Frederick for 3 years. Zack Martin for 2 years,
Plus had a good defense early in his career, with a hall of fame pass rusher on it.

That’s trying to have your cake and eat it too.

They each benefited from each other, but a receiver or tight end's success is obviously dependent on QB play. And Romo was running for his life most years, playing behind lines riddled with Phil Costa, Pat McQuistan, Ryan Cook, Nate Livings, Derrick Dockery, Alex, Barron, Kevin Kowalski, David Arkin, Montrae Holland.........it was musical chairs.

Who has Dak made better? Does he have a Laurent Robinson, Terrance Williams, Sam Hurd, Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton to his credit? Romo made those average guys more than average. He got each one of them big paydays. Cooper is a very good player who just needed a better team and change of scenery from Raider hell.

Dak needs perfection around him. He needs every body healthy. Then, he's pretty good. But if the run game is faltering and Tyron Smith is missing, Dak turns to goo on a shoe. He's looks castrated on the field.

Master22

Reaction score
In his A Football Life it was said he used that time to work on his accuracy. That point is always ignored or vaugley acknowledged when brought up.

not just accuracy but at one point didn’t he not change his entire throwing motion?

HungryLion

Reaction score
They each benefited from each other, but a receiver or tight end's success is obviously dependent on QB play. And Romo was running for his life most years, playing behind lines riddled with Phil Costa, Pat McQuistan, Ryan Cook, Nate Livings, Derrick Dockery, Alex, Barron, Kevin Kowalski, David Arkin, Montrae Holland.........it was musical chairs.

Who has Dak made better? Does he have a Laurent Robinson, Terrance Williams, Sam Hurd, Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton to his credit? Romo made those average guys more than average. He got each one of them big paydays. Cooper is a very good player who just needed a better team and change of scenery from Raider hell.

Dak needs perfection around him. He needs every body healthy. Then, he's pretty good. But if the run game is faltering and Tyron Smith is missing, Dak turns to goo on a shoe. He's looks castrated on the field.

And again, you foolishly dismissed Witten’s abilities and tried to say he may not have even been a pro bowler if not for Romo. Once called out on it, you now want to twist the argument. Just admit it was wrong and move on.

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

This is fun.

Aikman needed perfection around him. He needs every body healthy. Then, he's pretty good. But if the run game is faltering and Erik Williams or Larry Allen is missing, Aikman turns to goo on a shoe. He's looks castrated on the field

BHendri5

Reaction score
Romo didn’t make those players. Key starters like TO, Witten, Dez, Murray and others had more of an influence on those guys’ stats while in Dallas because they drew the attention away from the second tier guys by commanding extra coverage rolled over the top and in Murray’s case, an extra man in the box. All Romo did is what any seasoned quarterback should do. THROW TO THE OPEN RECEIVERS. You guys kill me with that “Romo made them” BS... None of those guys remained effective as a main WR in Dallas with Romo or anywhere else for that matter. Once the previous number ones left those guys production fell off. Austin may have faired best. But much of his yardage was after the catch because he ran strong and broke a lot of tackles. Not because of some Romo Mojo. LMAO. They were all really good number twos who benefitted from single coverage vs. second and third best cornerbacks. With the exception of Dez. Who would’ve been Dez with or without Romo. You dudes with this Romo fanaticism are really delusional.

yeah Romo made those players. Don’t hate . You guys trip me out trying to deny that Romo was a great QB, he will be in the HOF

starcity214

Reaction score
With the exception of Zeke, name one other position Dak has at his disposal that’s better.... :facepalm:
Even then Murray’s 2014 season was no small feat. Marion Barber was pretty good for a few seasons also. If y’all gonna make these comparisons be equal and honest about it.

All you need to know is that with Romo, we ran the draw play and Murray/Barber/Julius Jones picked up huge yardage routinely with the draw..

How many draw plays has Dak Ran?

Romo made the RBs life easier while the Rbs make Dak's life easier.. learn football.

It's like when people try to say some scrub RB from Greenbay (forgot his name but ge scored 4 TDs against us) was better than Zeke when the only reason the RB had a good day was because our D was terrified of Rodgers and the passing game..

We all know opposing defenses only fear our running game they have publicly came out and said so with Dak as our starting QB so i don't even know why this is a comparison at this point.

It's like conparing Alex Smith to Patrick Mahomes