Romo vs Dak

starcity214

Reaction score
Dak, if he had came in around 2010 as our starting QB would have already been out of the league with those teams Romo had. Worse defenses in team History all played with Romo as our starter and let's not Forget that Romo had us in the top 10 offenses year in and year out and that's with the predictable/worst HC jason Garrett for most of his career..

Romo deserves a freaking Gold medal if you really think about it..

People don't realize how easy it is to play QB when you know your defense is good and you don't have to be a hero .

That kid in Carolina comes to mind, i wonder if he also wants 40 million a year? Lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The first person he runs into is his own lineman. A second later, he's slammed to the ground. Watch it again.

I'm not picking on Dak. Just trying to contribute to the thread.
Are you watching what I'm watching? Dak took a 5 to 7 step drop back. His whole Oline was bullrushed straight back into him. Dak had absolutely nowhere to go. As soon as he finished his dropbacks, as he was trying to look downfield to find an open receiver, he had his whole Oline pushed right back into him and all around him. That whole bad performance was on his Oline, not Dak.

keysersoze

Reaction score
All you need to know is that with Romo, we ran the draw play and Murray/Barber/Julius Jones picked up huge yardage routinely with the draw..

How many draw plays has Dak Ran?

Romo made the RBs life easier while the Rbs make Dak's life easier.. learn football.

It's like when people try to say some scrub RB from Greenbay (forgot his name but ge scored 4 TDs against us) was better than Zeke when the only reason the RB had a good day was because our D was terrified of Rodgers and the passing game..

We all know opposing defenses only fear our running game they have publicly came out and said so with Dak as our starting QB so i don't even know why this is a comparison at this point.

It's like conparing Alex Smith to Patrick Mahomes
Please leave the drugs alone. For all of Romo’s career all we heard was “if he had a premier running back “. Now he made premier running backs because he was just so damn awesome?
And since we are quoting other defenses how about when opposing defenses said Romo was goofy, predictable and a mistake waiting to happen? Remember them saying he was so easy to fool and manipulate before the snap? Get off his jock. He ain’t never won anything of importance so why all the hoopla?

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Dak, if he had came in around 2010 as our starting QB would have already been out of the league with those teams Romo had. Worse defenses in team History all played with Romo as our starter and let's not Forget that Romo had us in the top 10 offenses year in and year out and that's with the predictable/worst HC jason Garrett for most of his career..

Romo deserves a freaking Gold medal if you really think about it..

People don't realize how easy it is to play QB when you know your defense is good and you don't have to be a hero .

That kid in Carolina comes to mind, i wonder if he also wants 40 million a year? Lol

So, it must not be that easy for Dak either then, because this defense isn't consistently good enough for Dak not to have to be a hero.

Between the offensive line injuries, the inconsistent defense at every level (line, LB and DBs) and Zeke still trying to get back to his championship form, I think A LOT falls on Dak.

Yes, a lot fell on Romo too, but some years he had pretty good defenses. Romo didn't ALWAYS have to be a hero, and they tried to reign him in at times so he didn't have to be. Dak doesn't always have to be a hero either, but some games he does....and if he fails, they lose. Just like when Romo failed, they lost.

keysersoze

Reaction score
So, it must not be that easy for Dak either then, because this defense isn't consistently good enough for Dak not to have to be a hero.

Between the offensive line injuries, the inconsistent defense at every level (line, LB and DBs) and Zeke still trying to get back to his championship form, I think A LOT falls on Dak.

Yes, a lot fell on Romo too, but some years he had pretty good defenses. Romo didn't ALWAYS have to be a hero, and they tried to reign him in at times so he didn't have to be. Dak doesn't always have to be a hero either, but some games he does....and if he fails, they lose. Just like when Romo failed, they lost.
:hammer:

keysersoze

Reaction score

And what puzzles me is that these lames fail to recognize how many times Dak has carried the team to victory himself by running the ball, trucking tacklers, getting flipped and hit while gaining first downs and touchdowns to win games. And sacrificing his body and career to win. Could you imagine the praises Romo would’ve gotten had he done those types of things to go all out for a win? This bs is crazy. But it’s definitely a sign of the times right now.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Can we move past this? This topic has been beaten down to death. I liked both guys. Romo is done. He has a great gig now. Dark is here to stay and is balling out. Who cares?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what puzzles me is that these lames fail to recognize how many times Dak has carried the team to victory himself by running the ball, trucking tacklers, getting flipped and hit while gaining first downs and touchdowns to win games. And sacrificing his body and career to win. Could you imagine the praises Romo would’ve gotten had he done those types of things to go all out for a win? This bs is crazy. But it’s definitely a sign of the times right now.

We want and need a QB who can win games with his arm!
200 yard a game ain't taking us nowhere bud.
This is not college football.....
Stop Zeke win the game as 1-9 when Zeke is under 75 yards what exactly don't you comprehend here?

keysersoze

Reaction score
We want and need a QB who can win games with his arm!
200 yard a game ain't taking us nowhere bud.
This is not college football.....
Stop Zeke win the game as 1-9 when Zeke is under 75 yards what exactly don't you comprehend here?
Dak has won games with his arm as well. But we all know a win is a win. No matter how it’s done. You just don’t ever wanna give Dak credit for his contributions and leadership. And how many teams win games when their main back is held under 75 yards? That usually means you’ve abandoned the running game and had to pass all day in an attempt to come from behind. Pull up the games you feel Romo won with his arm. There won’t be many, as our wins in that time were mostly a complete team effort. You just have an obvious agenda against Dak so you’ll come up with any lames azz reason to berate him.