Romo vs Dak

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL...

Jason Garrett was actually calling the plays then. That’s the biggest excuse for Dak homers as regards to his issues, and Garrett has been completely removed from play calling. Romo has journeymen OL and guys like Julius Jones running into the backs of linemen, while Dak has ‘chunky Zeke” whose the focal point of every defense. Dak has basically a top 3 OL, with the least amount of QB pressure the majority of the season and sits back there all day, staring at WRs running wide open all day.

Romo turned a completely garbage roster around that almost had Parcells on a heart attack on the sidelines into a contender in the NFC.

Romo with his broken back against a garbage Eagles team with the same roster as Dak threw lasers downfield WITHOUT ZEKE and scored a TD immediately while Dak was running around looking like a chicken with his head cut off.

That’s the difference.

WE LOST A SB WINDOW training this mediocre QB with a roster that was finally ready to make a run for the SB, with the addition of Zeke, who was drafted specifically for Romo.
All a bunch of bull as usual. I would tear each point apart, but it's not worth the energy. Guess what? Dak is here to stay for many years. Deal with it.

PS: When Dak leads this team to a Super Bowl, don't jump on the bandwagon. Stay true to your daily bashings of Dak.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I’m just saying. Romo was a very good QB. He absolutely was. I just don’t think it’s right how some posters undersell or devalue the level of play of other players on the team from those years and put all the credit for any success on just Romo.

Romo also wasn’t the only reason we didn’t go further in the playoffs. Other players let the team down too. So it goes both ways.

It’s typical over valuing of the QB position. They always get too much credit and too much blame from most fans.

Not saying you’re the one doing it. Just making an overall point.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I dont really consider average and below average as good when it comes to defenses or olines.

Daks had top 5-10 of both almost all 4 years. Also an elite rb. Romo had a good rb 2 years.
Dak slobberers will do anything to deflect that Dak was born into the best offensive line situation in the history of the NFL for a rookie QB. And the worst thing he has had to “suffer” through was last year when he had to get by with only two perennial All-Pros instead of one. Keep in mind the overwhelming majority of QBs will never play with a single All-Pro OL their entire careers, and Romo didn’t until what was basically his last year either (Romo did have solid lines early in his career).
If Dak slobberers weren’t so laughably stupid I would laugh at them, instead you just have to pity them.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I guess so could you remind me?

I remember the Cowboys being nothing with Bledsoe and Romo coming in and getting us to the playoffs.
Prescott never choked to that degree. You've clearly suppressed memories.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Dak slobberers will do anything to deflect that Dak was born into the best offensive line situation in the history of the NFL for a rookie QB. And the worst thing he has had to “suffer” through was last year when he had to get by with only two perennial All-Pros instead of one. Keep in mind the overwhelming majority of QBs will never play with a single All-Pro OL their entire careers, and Romo didn’t until what was basically his last year either (Romo did have solid lines early in his career).
If Dak slobberers weren’t so laughably stupid I would laugh at them, instead you just have to pity them.
The best ability is availability. Something Romo just didn't have toward the end. I mean how many seasons did you want to see go to waste cuz he would be knocked out for 8 weeks. Romo literally had a team with 2 hall of famers on offense and a hall of famer on defense. Both QBs had talent around them. Romo decided to run his hall of fame WR out of town then went 8-8. Maybe if he worried about football and not golf and jessica simpson early on things would be different.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The pity should go toward the Romo slobberers who are STILL crying YEARS after he retired. Sad.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Romo even himself admitted he really didn't push himself to learn the game until 2013. Hence him being a better player 13 and onwards, but at that time his body was giving up on him. It's ok to realize this and know he has a great family life and he's makin 10 mil a year talking in a booth for all of our enjoyment. Just give it up and realize he just didn't have what it takes on the football field to get further than he did. And when Dak retires I will be honest with his career as well.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The best ability is availability. Something Romo just didn't have toward the end. I mean how many seasons did you want to see go to waste cuz he would be knocked out for 8 weeks. Romo literally had a team with 2 hall of famers on offense and a hall of famer on defense. Both QBs had talent around them. Romo decided to run his hall of fame WR out of town then went 8-8. Maybe if he worried about football and not golf and jessica simpson early on things would be different.
Not that your stupid soliloquy has anything to do with what I said, but age ran TO out of town, genius. In 2007 TO already was the oldest All-Pro receiver in history, acting like he was going to be that guy into the next decade is dumb even for you.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our offense when Dak is facing pressure or Zeke is not tearing it up....

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Not that your stupid soliloquy has anything to do with what I said, but age ran TO out of town, genius. In 2007 TO already was the oldest All-Pro receiver in history, acting like he was going to be that guy into the next decade is dumb even for you.
I never said that but the guy had a 1000 yard 10 td season in 2008 with Romo missing 3 games. The fact romo, witten, and garrett ran him out of town was dumb and probably a good reason we weren't as successful. Everyone thinks T.O. fell off after he left just wasn't true he had 829 yards the next year in buffalo with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards, and Brian Brohm throwing him the ball. Then the next year with CIN playing in 14 games had 983 yards.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I never said that but the guy had a 1000 yard 10 td season in 2008 with Romo missing 3 games. The fact romo, witten, and garrett ran him out of town was dumb and probably a good reason we weren't as successful. Everyone thinks T.O. fell off after he left just wasn't true he had 829 yards the next year in buffalo with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards, and Brian Brohm throwing him the ball. Then the next year with CIN playing in 14 games had 983 yards.
TO was an amazing athlete and was still a good receiver in 2009 and 2010, especially for his age. But he was not as good as Miles Austin during those two years (remember the Cowboys got better immediately after TO left, not that I put that on TO) and he was not going to be good enough to “keep Romo from going 8-8” at 38 years old in 2011.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
TO was an amazing athlete and was still a good receiver in 2009 and 2010, especially for his age. But he was not as good as Miles Austin during those two years (remember the Cowboys got better immediately after TO left, not that I put that on TO) and he was not going to be good enough to “keep Romo from going 8-8” at 38 years old in 2011.
But why can't we have miles austin and T.O.? He got ran out of town by lesser men because of emotions.

cowboygo

Reaction score
Give Dak 6 and half years to match Romo's years played, and he will accomplish more than him. Whether its with Garrett or a new coach, Dak is durable, which is an underrated quality Romo did not have towards the end of his career.

Dak will also benefit from a better front office that doesn't overpay older players. Both will have been signed to huge contracts, and occupy a large chunk of the cap. We live and die by the QB, when Romo would go down, we stood no chance. If Dak goes down, it would be the same.

I love Romo, but the board overvalues him. His best season was 2014, where he finished as a second team All-Pro, and 2nd place in the MVP voting. Many people don't realize thats the year we leaned on the ground game, and had Romo dissect teams on third down. That year, he threw the ball 435 times, his career low when starting a full season. He was efficient as hell, but in large part thanks to having been a SEASONED veteran and having the great O-Line and run game. We got bounced in the divisional round with that team. Give Dak 6 more years, and he can get to being a second team All-Pro, he may even get there before. If your argument is that Romo played in an era where there were Hall of Fame quarterbacks in abundance competing against him, then that tells you where he stands. He is my favorite player, but the reality is he was very good, but not enough to get over the hump. Blame the defense, coaching, etc.. but Dak does not have to play out of his mind to have a better career than Tony Romo.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
But why can't we have miles austin and T.O.? He got ran out of town by lesser men because of emotions.
Because TO is TO. I will always defend Owens but this stuff followed him around his whole career and certainly didn’t start in Dallas. And yes it was silly and it’s on all of those guys, TO, Romo, Witten and whoever else to avoid having a situation come to that. But in the end, it’s hard to argue that releasing Owens hurt the Cowboys in any way. In 2009 they didn’t have WR problems at all, 2010 was a lost year because of injuries and Wade, and then TO retired. No harm for the Cowboys and just a blip for TO, who would have been a HOFer if he had retired before he even came to Dallas.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Because TO is TO. I will always defend Owens but this stuff followed him around his whole career and certainly didn’t start in Dallas. And yes it was silly and it’s on all of those guys, TO, Romo, Witten and whoever else to avoid having a situation come to that. But in the end, it’s hard to argue that releasing Owens hurt the Cowboys in any way. In 2009 they didn’t have WR problems at all, 2010 was a lost year because of injuries and Wade, and then TO retired. No harm for the Cowboys and just a blip for TO, who would have been a HOFer if he had retired before he even came to Dallas.
I mean if you don't think he makes a 6-10 team better I don't know what to say. Even 2009 maybe we get better seeding in the playoffs who knows. Romo didn't like T.O. calling out his brokeback mountain relationship with Witten.