Video: Romo wanted Dak to check out of play in Bears game

rpntex

Reaction score
I recognize Tony's continuing contribution to Dak's development and I think it's great. I just don't think that has any bearing on who should be the starter. The team is 7-1 and Dak is playing great. When those two things change, I'll be ready to see what Romo can do with this current team.

I don't think the intent of the OP has anything to do with who should start. Of course, a lot of deck supporters cannot, or will not, see it that way.

Romotil45

Reaction score
You're talking the difference in possible points or a punt...and in a playoff game, thats MAJOR.

QB's that cant read and adjust to the defense to exploit weaknesses wont go far in the post season.

Great point bottom line is Romo simply has more experience and that experience matters most in the playoffs. I expect to see Romo week 15 if not sooner but hopefully we can keep winning and allow Dak to get as much experience as possible but Romo is definitely going to be the guy come playoff time.

BigD16

Reaction score
Or he would keep checking out of runs and we would really hear the crying when Zeke doesn't get his touches. Sometimes you gotta run into unfavorable looks. Still got a couple of yards on that play...
This a million times

Reactions: Ken

Romotil45

Reaction score
Understood. My most recent significant example is the Dez catch/non-catch. It was 4th and 2 or something of that nature. Did we really need a bomb to Dez on that play, especially when the defense wasn't having a good day? Would it not have been smarter to settle for a shorter pass with a chance to eat up more time on the game clock on the way to a TD? The refs called as they did, and this team had no shot after that.

Wow really all Dez had to do was secure that catch and not reach for the end zone and we are inside the 5. That kind of thinking will loose against Brady every time especially with our lack luster pass rush . Romo will indeed put up more points. Dak is not going to take those chances because the coaching staff doesn't want him to because he doesn't have the experience. Romo will take that shot and put up the points we will need to beat Brady. I love Dak but you don't leave a healthy Romo on the bench during the playoffs he has too much experience that's wasted on the bench. I have a feeling some of you are going to be very disappointed when Dak is on the bench come playoff time.

Romotil45

Reaction score
this is how I see it, beas was open about 4 yards deep over the middle.
Also we could have ran the ball.
Just get the first down and eat up some clock.

The pass to dez was too risky for a 4th down play.

I think it was cleve who on 3rd and 2 opted to throw to end zone, and the qb announcer said it wasnt a high % call and it failed.

Apparently you don't understand match up football with Dez height advantage and leaping ability and 1 on 1 coverage with no safety over top a good QB in the league has to take that evey time. All Dez had to do was secure the catch and we are inside the 5 but he tried to do too much that's not Romos problem that's Dez problem.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
You think throwing the ball for 400 yards is a winning formula? It's not, he did the right thing by running the play. All plays don't end in touch downs.

I think hitting a 20 yard pass is better than running for 3.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Apparently you don't understand match up football with Dez height advantage and leaping ability and 1 on 1 coverage with no safety over top a good QB in the league has to take that evey time. All Dez had to do was secure the catch and we are inside the 5 but he tried to do too much that's not Romos problem that's Dez problem.
I have to disagree. There are other factors, the main ones being
1.it was 4th down, on any other down ok take that shot.
2. it was not a high % play, and on 4th down you should go with high not low %
3. There was only 4 min left in game and your behind, which makes this a very important 4th down.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak will get us to the playoffs, 1 seed, first round BYE and then Jerry will have Romo inserted and we will lose. :omg:

Romotil45

Reaction score
I have to disagree. There are other factors, the main ones being
1.it was 4th down, on any other down ok take that shot.
2. it was not a high % play, and on 4th down you should go with high not low %
3. There was only 4 min left in game and your behind, which makes this a very important 4th down.

NFL percentages prove you wrong. When you have a mismatch 1 on 1 outside with no safety over the top the higher percentage play is to throw it up to Dez but your average fan doesn't look to deeply into these type of numbers. Brady would have done the same in that situation. You can disagree all you like but the numbers dont lie.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Dak will get us to the playoffs, 1 seed, first round BYE and then Jerry will have Romo inserted and we will lose. :omg:

I like Dak but he's a bus driver right now plane n a simple. Kessler made more down field throws then Dak did against the Browns. Dak threw a pass up for grabs that should have been intercepted and missed Dez over the middle on a very poor throw from a clean pocket with terrible fundamentals. He disappeared for 3 quarters against the Eagles threw several up for grabs just not a very good performance. A healthy Romo is better by a wide margin anyone who studies the film and knows football will see it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Maybe so, but the point still stands that nobody would have questioned the decision had the play worked out, whether the Cowboys won or not.
We question going home which is what usually happens.

Gameover

Reaction score

Check it out at 1:52. Veteran QB without a brain in his head. Takes a sack on 2nd & 8 when his team is trying to win a road playoff game! We don't go deep to Dez if this Bozo doesn't take that sack. Dak would've thrown the ball away!

Defend that Romoites

But the Bozo cant help himself:

3:45
4:43
4:58

A veteran too stupid to throw the ball away.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
yeah looking at that beasely should have been the target, looks like witten was behind the line to gain again !
I also dont like going empty backfield there, and also I kinda agree with aikman
kicking a fg there might be the ticket.
24-26 and maybe you stop gb and drive quick for another fg.
getting nothing was a killer.

Dak drives that in for a td !!!!!!! lol

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
You mean haven't we noticed the less than .2 offensive penalties per game difference between 2016 and Romo's last season (2014)? That's all it is. At this point of the season, the Cowboys have committed 29 penalties - 3.63 per game. In 2014, dallas committed 61 penalties in 16 games - 3.81 per game. Extrapolate that over a full season, and it's 3 TOTAL PENALTIES.

That the offense is somehow "more cohesive" under Dak is a myth. Fact is it was pretty damn cohesive under Romo as well.

How many offensive offsides?
The Romo lovers don't want to acknowledge the 2014 Romo and 2016 might be two completely different people. His last game was a three interception disaster with a 27.2 rating. Peyton Manning threw for over 4000 yds and 39 td's in 2014, he was injured a year ago returned and played like hot garbage and now he is gone from the league.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

Check it out at 1:52. Veteran QB without a brain in his head. Takes a sack on 2nd & 8 when his team is trying to win a road playoff game! We don't go deep to Dez if this Bozo doesn't take that sack. Dak would've thrown the ball away!

Defend that Romoites

He was counting all the opposing players on the field.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Defend that Romoites

shut up

and quit the name calling
punk:laugh:

weaver21

Reaction score

Defend that Romoites

I don't understand fans like you. Okay you support Dak and want him to stay in, but then you go and attack Romo for no reason at all. Even Gabe admitted that he took his Romo bashing too far. You guys choose plays that Romo makes bad decisions, yet I can show you numerous ones where he makes fabulous plays. We're all Cowboys fans and we all want to win. It shouldn't matter who's at quarterback and we should support whoever is at the helm for us. Yet some can't put their egos aside and have to bash either Dak or Tony for no reason.