Romo was asked today if he would come back for 60 million

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Nah... Don’t laugh. Answer the question.

Answer what? That he got hit and landed on (full weight) by a defensive player in what is now called roughing the passer and it broke his collarbone and that he got hit from behind while starting a slide? That has nothing at all to do with pocket presense, especially if you watch the plays, but you go on and try to teach us all something

keysersoze

Reaction score
I'm not talking the fact he struggles to take hits or even bring him back. His awareness was fine in the PS, but should not be making that play, he actually gained yards. Carolina is a bit more hazy, but believe our line didn't have a great showing and again he can't take a hit. One thing going for him is the new qb rulings that being said it has been time to move on, but unless you want to swim in mediocrity Dak is not the answer.
So. All the excuses granted for Romo don’t apply to Dak huh? Wow!!! Every time Romo struggled it was someone else’s fault. You just blamed the Oline for Romo’s destruction. But Dak has been getting crushed since the Atlanta game last season. Why isn’t he worthy of the same excuses?

jay94

Reaction score
Dak just isn't accurate when it comes down to it, not near accurate enough. Trust me I am all for dak now and if anything I blame is his lack of weapons, a lot of his sacks are his indecisiveness, but his receivers are flat out TERRIBLE. That can't be overlooked, but I don't see someone with elite upside here either, I will root for Dak, but likely at the end of this year it is time to move on.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Answer what? That he got hit and landed on (full weight) by a defensive player in what is now called roughing the passer and it broke his collarbone and that he got hit from behind while starting a slide? That has nothing at all to do with pocket presense, especially if you watch the plays, but you go on and try to teach us all something
Lol. More excuses huh? Damn! For Romo to be as great as y’all claim he was, he sure needs tons of excuses for leading the team into mediocrity. Dak was just hit like that by JJ Watt Sunday. Where’s the cries for that?
You all say Romo carried the team, right? My next question is.... Where the hell did he carry them?

keysersoze

Reaction score
Dak just isn't accurate when it comes down to it, not near accurate enough. Trust me I am all for dak now and if anything I blame is his lack of weapons, a lot of his sacks are his indecisiveness, but his receivers are flat out TERRIBLE. That can't be overlooked, but I don't see someone with elite upside here either, I will root for Dak, but likely at the end of this year it is time to move on.
I respect that. But I think Dak’s inaccuracies are due to a lack of confidence. Ya know? Taking a young quarterback’s weapons away in his 3rd season without adequately replacing them is a recipe for disaster

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol. More excuses huh? Damn! For Romo to be as great as y’all claim he was, he sure needs tons of excuses for leading the team into mediocrity. Dak was just hit like that by JJ Watt Sunday. Where’s the cries for that?
You all say Romo carried the team, right? My next question is.... Where the hell did he carry them?
On his now injured back for 10 years. Your reaching now but keep on trying

keysersoze

Reaction score
On his now injured back for 10 years. Your reaching now but keep on trying
Where did it get us? Where did Romo Christ carry us to? A divisional or conference championship? A super bowl? ****. The only ones who benefitted really were Romo and his BFF Witten. The team as a whole was very unsuccessful. So Romo’s godliness amounted to big stats and bull crap.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Where did it get us? Where did Romo Christ carry us to? A divisional or conference championship? A super bowl? ****. The only ones who benefitted really were Romo and his BFF Witten. The team as a whole was very unsuccessful. So Romo’s godliness amounted to big stats and bull crap.

I always get a kick out of people who feel the only way to defend "their guy" is by trying to make another guy look bad, that is a sure sign your guy is not very good.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I’m a huge Romo fan but it just wouldn’t work. And not because of his age - there are two other NFL quarterbacks the same age or older. It’s because this offensive line has taken a huge step back, and Romo has health issues.

The older quarterbacks who remain in this league, Brady, Brees, etc get excellent protection and almost never take a sack.

I think we all feel bad that Jerry squandered his career. But it is what it is. If we’re lucky, we’ll get Tony as our head coach some day.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I like Romo; one of my favorites - he hasn't played since leaving, is fragile, and has a cushy job. Now as coach, I could see him as OC and then HC.

Yeah, I don't see him leaving his job. He's a devoted family man who's happy with his gig.

Coaches and OCs can't really enjoy family lives. The extensive time away would inhibit it.

However, if he were inclined to go into coaching or being a coordinator he'd be great at it!

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I don't see him leaving his job. He's a devoted family man who's happy with his gig.

Coaches and OCs can't really enjoy family lives. The extensive time away would inhibit it.

However, if he were inclined to go into coaching or being a coordinator he'd be great at it!
Hell yeah. He was the defacto play caller after BP left.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I always get a kick out of people who feel the only way to defend "their guy" is by trying to make another guy look bad, that is a sure sign your guy is not very good.
And I always get a kick out of people who avoid answering questions that will expose “their guy” as not being what they want us to believe he is. Why don’t you tell us where Romo the Great carried his teams? I believe that was the purpose of our debate. Not all that other bs you’re spewing right now.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I respect that. But I think Dak’s inaccuracies are due to a lack of confidence. Ya know? Taking a young quarterback’s weapons away in his 3rd season without adequately replacing them is a recipe for disaster
so his faults as a QB before being drafted were because of a lack of confidence as well? Then at this point he'll never get what he needs to fix it.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
They had Romo interviewed today on the cbs pregames show, and one guy asked if he would take a
2 year 60 million dollar offer, and I think they meant by the cowboys.

I thought it was interesting and odd, that Tony didnt say no, he didnt say yes either, but just smiled
and avoided the question twice.

So if offered more than that, he might just take it.

Right now Dallas has a fairly good defense for a change, but very bad offense.

I have to wonder if Tony could light things up with these recievers?
I think he would be using tavon, but not sure about the others.

Never gave them an answer lol