Romo was asked today if he would come back for 60 million

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is stupid. Romo is one sack away from a lifetime in a wheelchair. This is some dumb *** bs. How can Romo be better than anyone while in a body cast? He cannot withstand hits. As proven by his 2015 performances and his 2016 preseason fiasco. He’s too old and too brittle. You guys claim to love him so much, yet y’all wanna see him murdered. Just shut up. Please. This is moronic to say the least.

Every player out there is one hit away from a lifetime in a wheelchair. Don't be so dramatic.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He might take it if it was fully guaranteed, then promptly sprain his kissmyrump muscle in the first 2 minutes of his first practice and have to be placed on IR. Unfortunately the only therapy is 18 holes of golf every other day, while doctors evaluate his condition and decide it will take at least the length of his contract to fully "heal".

But he might sit on the sideline on game day and give advice to Dak - unless he had a therapeutic pro-am or celebrity golf event scheduled for that day.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo 10 years out of football is still better than Dak.

Yep, at 48 years old, 30-40 extra pounds heavier than his playing days, not getting hit for 10 years, and no competitive football for 10 years, he would be better than Dak is now .... :facepalm:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well. Romo was especially close. That’s not dramatic. It’s a fact. To deny that is fictional.
Fiction would be making things up like Romo cannot withstand hits without being knocked out of the game, or being put in a body cast. Romo took a ton of hits over the course of his career that didn't end in injury. He also took a few that would have injured any QB because physics or something.

At this point, the only thing we have to lose is Romo gets hurt and Dak goes back in.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Fiction would be making things up like Romo cannot withstand hits without being knocked out of the game, or being put in a body cast. Romo took a ton of hits over the course of his career that didn't end in injury. He also took a few that would have injured any QB because physics or something.

At this point, the only thing we have to lose is Romo gets hurt and Dak goes back in.
Ok. Tell me what happened to Romo the last 3 times he was hit hard? Did he get back up and continue playing? Or did he go to IR?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok. Tell me what happened to Romo the last 3 times he was hit hard? Did he get back up and continue playing? Or did he go to IR?
The last 3 times he was injured or the last 3 times he was hit hard? Those things are not the same. He was hit many times between injuries, so your question makes no sense.

T-RO

Reaction score
While i don't believe this would ever happen at this point (I think Romo has moved on) if we lose this week to the Jags and both the Skins and Eagles lose this week i could see Jones getting antsy and making an offer for him to come back just because the division is so bad and having Romo back could make a difference. It would be a typical Jones move to try and make a splash

If it worked it would be spectacular drama and greatest story. If he crashed and burned...it would still be a great story. Right now we got the most boring offense in the league.

We don’t lose draft picks to try it. The rules are protecting QBs like never before.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They had Romo interviewed today on the cbs pregames show, and one guy asked if he would take a
2 year 60 million dollar offer, and I think they meant by the cowboys.

I thought it was interesting and odd, that Tony didnt say no, he didnt say yes either, but just smiled
and avoided the question twice.

So if offered more than that, he might just take it.

Right now Dallas has a fairly good defense for a change, but very bad offense.

I have to wonder if Tony could light things up with these recievers?
I think he would be using tavon, but not sure about the others.
Can't imagine him coming back. Seems extremely far-fetched.
But yeah, with the new rules and two years of all the new core training that he does 3-4 times a week....maybe..maybe, he could stay healthy

And if he could stay upright, yes, he would light it up with Zeke et al, even if the WRs are a bunch of 2s and 3s. More importantly, he wouldn't need too because the defenses would back off

But it ain't happenin'

keysersoze

Reaction score
The last 3 times he was injured or the last 3 times he was hit hard? Those things are not the same. He was hit many times between injuries, so your question makes no sense.
Please answer the question or ignore it. But please don’t attempt to talk around the subject. We all know what happened. He was seriously injured each time he was HIT. Not tackled. HIT! What makes you think he could survive now? Odds are he wouldn’t.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If it worked it would be spectacular drama and greatest story. If he crashed and burned...it would still be a great story. Right now we got the most boring offense in the league.

We don’t lose draft picks to try it. The rules are protecting QBs like never before.
Somebody needs to be in Jerry's ear about the financial aspect of this. That stadium would be packed to the hilt like the Super Bowl and #9 Jersey sales would be the #1 selling jersey for the year. Every media outlet and talk show would be wall to wall Cowboys. The hype would be through the freakin roof.

keysersoze

Reaction score

You guys are really sick and delusional. Your infatuation with Romo is like that girl you dated in High School or college that you never slept with. You just keep stalking and wishing you’d get a second chance. It’s over man! Damn!! Let it go.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Somebody needs to be in Jerry's ear about the financial aspect of this. That stadium would be packed to the hilt like the Super Bowl and #9 Jersey sales would be the #1 selling jersey for the year. Every media outlet and talk show would be wall to wall Cowboys. The hype would be through the freakin roof.
And lets say Romo is fine ( and that's a big if), he is not in football shape. He's not going to be able to step out of the booth and just pick up where he left off in 2014.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Please answer the question or ignore it. But please don’t attempt to talk around the subject. We all know what happened. He was seriously injured each time he was HIT. Not tackled. HIT! What makes you think he could survive now? Odds are he wouldn’t.
I'm not talking around the subject. He was HIT! numerous times between injuries. Just because you don't want to accept that as part of the answer doesn't make it any less true. What makes me think he could survive now? With all the focus this year on making sure the QB has to be gently laid down on a mattress with a pillow to make sure there isn't a flag? Odds are he would.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And lets say Romo is fine ( and that's a big if), he is not in football shape. He's not going to be able to step out of the booth and just pick up where he left off in 2014.
He's a QB. Football shape after a year off isn't as hard to reach for a QB as it is for say a RB or a LB. Assuming he's been continuing to work out I can't imagine it being a real big problem. I'm sure he'd be a bit winded after his first game but the body bounces back quickly.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I'm not talking around the subject. He was HIT! numerous times between injuries. Just because you don't want to accept that as part of the answer doesn't make it any less true. What makes me think he could survive now? With all the focus this year on making sure the QB has to be gently laid down on a mattress with a pillow to make sure there isn't a flag? Odds are he would.
That hit Dak just took from Watt would’ve most likely hurt Romo. Just because the rules are in place doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Are you really that young and naive? Come on man. Be real with yourself. You ain’t convincing me with this bs. Why are you guys holding on to a quarterback we’ve never won anything meaningful with? The Romo era is over. Whether or not Dak is the future, Romo is the past. Move on.

keysersoze

Reaction score
He's a QB. Football shape after a year off isn't as hard to reach for a QB as it is for say a RB or a LB. Assuming he's been continuing to work out I can't imagine it being a real big problem. I'm sure he'd be a bit winded after his first game but the body bounces back quickly.
IT’S OVER!! ROMO IS DONE!!! Get over it

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
That hit Dak just took from Watt would’ve most likely hurt Romo. Just because the rules are in place doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Are you really that young and naive? Come on man. Be real with yourself. You ain’t convincing me with this bs. Why are you guys holding on to a quarterback we’ve never won anything meaningful with? The Romo era is over. Whether or not Dak is the future, Romo is the past. Move on.
You’re not a doctor and you sound real stupid. Please stop embarrassing yourself.