Romo was talking about Miles Austin per Galloway *Merge*

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2187036 said:
So the people who jumped up and said it was Amendola or Stanback were on crack?:confused:

:mule: :signmast:

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
No surprise to me.

Did anyone else see Miles fight for that near interception and run with it for that huge gain?

Bizwah

Reaction score
187beatdown;2187202 said:
No surprise to me.

Did anyone else see Miles fight for that near interception and run with it for that huge gain?

That's what I think he brings to the table.

He's going to be so much bigger than the CBs covering him. That's what makes TO so dangerous.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I think that we should immediately cut Hurd, Stanback and Amendala because of Austins great game! :D

Angus

Reaction score
alby;2187080 said:
Damn, Miles is 6' 3" 216?

only "2" pounds lighter than T.O.?

He doesn't look like it

He's a little younger, too!!

;)

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
One game isn't enough to made a judgement imo, BUT...he looked better than Hurd IMO.

Hurd just can't seem to shake defenders (even 2nd/3rd string guys). Austin on the other hand seems to be able to at least get himelf in a position to show the QB he can get to the ball if thrown.

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2187232 said:
I think that we should immediately cut Hurd, Stanback and Amendala because of Austins great game! :D

I don't believe anyone is saying cut Hurd and Standback, now the Amendala kid might be gone sooner rather than later.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
alby;2187080 said:
Damn, Miles is 6' 3" 216?

only "2" pounds lighter than T.O.?

He doesn't look like it

I don't think he is still 216. NFL.com updated the rosters and most of the new "reported" weights (by the various reporters covering camp) are listed. HOWEVER, if you were one of the "millions" (I'm guessing:) ) to watch the premier of Hard Knocks, Austin specifically says he weighed in @ 210 when he is talking to T.O.

Anyway, all Austin needs to do for THIS YEAR is be Alvin Harper to T.O.'s Irvin. I think he should be fine in that capacity.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2187170 said:
Thanks for the information from Randy.

Hopefully Austin can do it in the real games. There is still something about him that makes me temper my enthusiasm. I can't quite put my finger on it. Of course, I was hesitant to recognize Romo's great play in the pre-season a couple of years ago, so what do I know? :)

My guess (thinking outside the box) was Felix. He really impressed me with the swing pass. Obviously it wasn't against all the #1s for SD, but when he caught that pass I was thinking he had maybe a 5 yard gain. The next thing you know he's 20 yards down the field. That was very nice!

Funny you brought that up. I remember watching that first pre-season game in Seattle game with both amazement and disbelief.
Can he be this good? Is what I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing?:laugh2:
This can't be, he'd already be the starter if he really was this good.:rolleyes:

By the end of that game I was sold. They way he moved in the pocket buying time for his 3rd option and how well he threw on the move reminded me to much of Montana.

I couldn't be a fluke, he had to be good.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
JeffInDC;2187277 said:
I don't think he is still 216. NFL.com updated the rosters and most of the new "reported" weights (by the various reporters covering camp) are listed. HOWEVER, if you were one of the "millions" (I'm guessing:) ) to watch the premier of Hard Knocks, Austin specifically says he weighed in @ 210 when he is talking to T.O.

Anyway, all Austin needs to do for THIS YEAR is be Alvin Harper to T.O.'s Irvin. I think he should be fine in that capacity.

Think bigger. How about Austin becomes our Hill to T.O.'s Pearson with Cosbie (Witten) in the middle. ;)

Why not? Looks like we found a rookie RB quick enough to draw Dorsett comparisons.:D

ddh33

Reaction score
I've always been higher on him. I don't know what some fans have against him. Is it just the Randall Williams thing or what?

I guess I'm kind of like Parcells with his "planet theory." I don't see a lot of guys who are 6'3 215 with that kind of speed. I keep a guy like that until he proves to me that he CAN'T play football.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2187310 said:
Funny you brought that up. I remember watching that first pre-season game in Seattle game with both amazement and disbelief.
Can he be this good? Is what I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing?:laugh2:
This can't be, he'd already be the starter if he really was this good.:rolleyes:

By the end of that game I was sold. They way he moved in the pocket buying time for his 3rd option and how well he threw on the move reminded me to much of Montana.

I couldn't be a fluke, he had to be good.

That's the game I was thinking about. I kept telling myself it had to be the quality of the players Seattle had out there or the scheme, etc. He was unbelievable in that game.

alby

Reaction score
JeffInDC;2187277 said:

I do know one thing. T.O. is 2... sexy

Angus

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2187410 said:
That's the game I was thinking about. I kept telling myself it had to be the quality of the players Seattle had out there or the scheme, etc. He was unbelievable in that game.

And you kept telling me that it was foolish for me to compare a UDFA with our super hero Staubach.

I hope you will now be a little more hesitant about mislabeling Miles Austin.

:)

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Angus;2187476 said:
And you kept telling me that it was foolish for me to compare a UDFA with our super hero Staubach.

I hope you will now be a little more hesitant about mislabeling Miles Austin.

:)

I apologize. I have learned to temper my opinions a bit. But honestly, I don't keep track of all the discussions and who says what, because I realize our opinions aren't important. :)

I do recall thinking it was ridiculous to compare Romo, (who had never started a game), to Staubach, and I suppose that is true until he leads us to a SB win. But he certainly fooled me. Romo is that one-in-a-million FA who fooled all the NFL scouts.