Romo's arm is weak.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1372557 said:
read the title and discuss

Joe Montana had a weak arm too. He has 5 more SB trophies than ALOT of the stronger armed QB's.

Aint it cool

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
STSINAZ;1372645 said:
i am worried about romo, same old crap...had a fumble...int..not much probowl behavior IMO...was not precise...that throw to smith could have led him a little more..things like that...not too impressive...this guy needs to understand that he needs to get on top of these things or he wont be great...geeze i sound like parcells

It was a freaking exhibition game, give the guy a break. Lets look at the other QBs in the game.

Bulger....totally sucked and that fumble/swat was freaking embarrasing.

Vince...Lets see, threw a pick at the 5 yd line going in and fumble the snap on a QB keeper at this own 10 or so.

I would go on, but I think you get the point. Romo is going to be fine.

LittleRed212

Reaction score
Yeah, it's amazing to me how people are getting all worked up over the PRO BOWL.

The practices aren't nearly as hardcore, Romo was not playing with his teammates, the offense was Sean Payton's (a.k.a. not Dallas' offense), and players just don't play as hard in this game.

Chill people...chill.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;1372653 said:
Joe Montana had a weak arm too. He has 5 more SB trophies than ALOT of the stronger armed QB's.

Aint it cool
4 superbowls

NinePointOh

Reaction score
Let's see ... 4 of the 6 Pro Bowl quarterbacks completed fewer than 50% of their passes (and Romo wasn't one of them).

3 of the 6 Pro Bowl QBs had a passer rating at or below 60.1 (and Romo wasn't one of them)

3 of the 6 Pro Bowl QBs committed at least one turnover.

Only 2 of the 6 Pro Bowl QBs threw a touchdown (and Romo was one of them).

... Everybody panic!!!

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
hey, guys... it's the freakin' probowl fer chrissake. romo's last action was like - uh... 6 weeks ago!

and it's not like he totally sucked, either. he had the score on the first QB sneak if not for Coach Payton's timeout call. and, afterwards, was doomed when Payton, who'd been extremely imaginative all season long, subsequently suffered a brainf*rt and had them run the exact same play.

later, instead of 28-14 AFC, it was 28-28 with less than a minute left. and it had MUCH to do with Romo.

Romo looked super-human for a stretch last season. and now we all know he isn't. does that mean he sucks?

i don't think so. not at all.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its crazy that there is even a debate like this after a Pro Bowl game.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
STSINAZ;1372645 said:
i am worried about romo, same old crap...had a fumble...int..not much probowl behavior IMO...was not precise...that throw to smith could have led him a little more..things like that...not too impressive...this guy needs to understand that he needs to get on top of these things or he wont be great...geeze i sound like parcells

These posts do not make sense really.... I mean who really plays to win the pro bowl anyways??? It is a meaningless game, a mere vacation for all the players, a get together if you will.

if you hang Romo at all for this pro bowl game, then here is what you should do --> :shootme:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
NinePointOh;1372610 said:
Romo had an 81.5 passer rating on passes thrown 20+ yards this season, and a 118.75 rating on passes thrown 40+ yards.

But go ahead and judge him on 1 or 2 underthrows.

yikes, bigbadroy getting zinged and owned all in the same thread

tnewman41

Benched
Reaction score
Hes got a strong arm. you cant judge him by what yo usaw in the pro bowl. there wasnt alot of time to practice and get familiar with the plays .the line played like crap when he was in there and also there was alot of wind. Romo's arm is strong and will lead us back to the playoffs next year

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1372732 said:
Romo was getting pressured on that throw to Boldin and the wind was blowing crazy in Hawaii.....

No, no, no. His arm is weak. :rolleyes:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1372699 said:
yikes, bigbadroy getting zinged and owned all in the same thread
yeah im getting owned:lmao2: keyboard warriors unite!