Romo's arm is weak.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Seven;1372737 said:
No, no, no. His arm is weak. :rolleyes:

Maybe if he stopped dating all those celebs, he could build his arm up the old-fashioned way...

Or perhaps we should call it the bigbadroy way, it seems clear he'd be a devotee of that form of "physical therapy"... :D

Kilyin

Reaction score
Bledsoe supporters unite! Romo is just another bum with a limp lollipop arm. Burn your jerseys.

10-6 > 9-7. Bledsoe is a proven veteran and a superbowl QB. Romo is a UDFA.

./sarcasm

Man, I really miss all the Deadslow groupies. For now the remaining stragglers will hide behind the anti Romo moniker until he wins a Superbowl or ultimately fails. Sad.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
silverbear;1372756 said:
Maybe if he stopped dating all those celebs, he could build his arm up the old-fashioned way...

Or perhaps we should call it the bigbadroy way, it seems clear he'd be a devotee of that form of "physical therapy"... :D

:laugh2: Nice.................

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Seven;1372777 said:
:laugh2: Nice.................

The down side is the very real possibility of developing tendinitis... I'm thinking that just like the coaches ration the number of throws their QBs have to make each day in training camp, they need to ration the number of times Tony "works out"...

I can see it now, a big ol' chart up in his apartment, with the big days circled in red... :cool:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1372658 said:
4 superbowls

yeah my bad... for some reason I used our 5 SB's when I got to that part of the sentence.... I guess I have been stuck on 5 tooooooo long with this team... time to notch #6:D

cowboyed

Reaction score
NinePointOh;1372610 said:
Romo had an 81.5 passer rating on passes thrown 20+ yards this season, and a 118.75 rating on passes thrown 40+ yards.

But go ahead and judge him on 1 or 2 underthrows.

Brevity is the soul of wit. Ouch don't screw around with NinePointOh. Not much to rebut after that little statistic.

cowboyed

Reaction score
CATCH17;1372630 said:
I've never seen a 5 game wonder that generates as much excitement as Romo does every single time he steps on the football field.

It is because he showed a lot of what he could do during those 5 games Catch. With more experience and refinement he could be the answer for us. This season will define his career short or long term.

Quit acting like the blind man who walks by the fish store and yells out "Hi, girls".

romo4pres

Reaction score
CATCH17;1372646 said:
Only a Cowboy fan would get worried about a players future after watching a Pro Bowl game.

wow why are you acting like the regular season and post season didnt give us plenty to worry about?

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1373008 said:
Strong arms are ..

Carson, Peyton, Favre....

Romo's arm is above average at best...
At best? That's not what the scouting reports said about him coming out odf college. SI called him "the strong-armed & confident Tony Romo" at that time. A cannon? Maybe not. Strong? Yes.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Romo gets plenty of zip on the ball when he's got time to step into the ball, but when he's on the run or moving backwards or in an awkward position, of course his balls float...most do.

I have no concern about Romo's arm strength, though it certainly doesn't put him in the top tier of strong armed QB's, some of whom are not winners.

I do have some concern over his fumbling though...I want to see Romo run this season more like he was doing in his first few starts...I want to see him running for first downs. Someone needs to work with him on protecting the ball though...that's a clear fact.

Skin

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1373008 said:
Strong arms are ..

Carson, Peyton, Favre....

Romo's arm is above average at best...

Is it weak or not...now you're at above average.

Chad Pennington has a weak arm.

The only thing weak about this thread, is you.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Arm strength is fine, but he is still mentally fragile. Getting Boooed at the Pro Bowl, unheared of....he looked flustered until the end when Boldin save the NFC s day....My concern is Romo looked like a boy amongst men at the Pro Bowl

Reaction score
Skin;1373013 said:
Is it weak or not...now you're at above average.

Chad Pennington has a weak arm.

The only thing weak about this thread, is you.

Good observation....

What you failed to mention is I catch bigger fish in my pond than that straggler in you avatar..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
cowboyed;1372914 said:
It is because he showed a lot of what he could do during those 5 games Catch. With more experience and refinement he could be the answer for us. This season will define his career short or long term.

Quit acting like the blind man who walks by the fish store and yells out "Hi, girls".

Romos good.

I dont know what your trying to compare him to but for an NFL Quarterback he is good.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give me "average arm strength/superior accuracy" over "terrific arm strength/average accuracy" every day of the week. I'd rather have a "Joe Montana/Steve Young" type over a "Drew Bledsoe/John Elway" type... and NO I am not saying Elway is the equivalent of Bledsoe. John Elway is perhaps the best strong armed/average accuracy QB's to have ever played-- he just didn't have great accuracy.