Romo's arm is weak.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Romo's biggest play -- after an onside-kick recovery by Ronde Barber -- was a 47-yard underthrown touchdown pass to Arizona's Anquan Boldin.
"When the defender is playing high like that, you want it underthrown," Romo said. "We were trying for the back shoulder. Anquan and I talked about that before the play. That's what we wanted to do and it worked."

This proves what I said in 2 threads, he purposly underthrew that pass due to the position of the CB. That pass does not point to Romo having a weak arm. It may not be the strongest in the league but its plenty strong to win in the NFL. He can make all the throws!

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Cowboys22;1373264 said:
Romo's biggest play -- after an onside-kick recovery by Ronde Barber -- was a 47-yard underthrown touchdown pass to Arizona's Anquan Boldin.
"When the defender is playing high like that, you want it underthrown," Romo said. "We were trying for the back shoulder. Anquan and I talked about that before the play. That's what we wanted to do and it worked."

This proves what I said in 2 threads, he purposly underthrew that pass due to the position of the CB. That pass does not point to Romo having a weak arm. It may not be the strongest in the league but its plenty strong to win in the NFL. He can make all the throws!

Be careful... you might educate some people.

Tripod

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1372996 said:
This thread is "short-bus" elligible.

Discuss...

If they're spelling eligible that way on the long bus, it's time for you to get off at the next stop.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Tripod;1373304 said:
If they're spelling eligible that way on the long bus, it's time for you to get off at the next stop.

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :starspin :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bigdog24;1373018 said:
Arm strength is fine, but he is still mentally fragile. Getting Boooed at the Pro Bowl, unheared of....he looked flustered until the end when Boldin save the NFC s day....My concern is Romo looked like a boy amongst men at the Pro Bowl

You do know Brees was 1 for 5 before he left hurt don't you?

I didn't think so.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tripod;1373304 said:

Time for the spelling bee aye?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez;1373206 said:
weak-minded people are the ones that think Romo has a weak arm...'nuff said!
:laugh2: your the guy who said to cut bradie james, roy williams and T.O. all in the same post!

Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez;1373206 said:
weak-minded people are the ones that think Romo has a weak arm...'nuff said!

You have no forum credibility..

You said to put Watkins at corner and Roy at LB.....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Your comment: "My concern is Romo looked like a boy amongst men at the Pro Bowl[/quote]

Lets see.....Brees was 1 for 5 before getting hurt.

Lets see.....Bulger fumbled the ball after being hit by an invisible gopher and then tried to swat it like a butterfly before watching it get returned to the house.

Lets see.....Vince Young threw a pick at the 5 going in and fumbled a QB keeper at his own 10 or 15 before getting pulled for Palmer.

Lets see.....Palmer just threw the ball deep to Chad every freaking play, I guess somebody forgot to tell Palmer others were in the game also.

YOU CALLING OUT ROMO WHEN THE OTHER QBs PLAYED LIKE THIS???

NICE AGENDA YOU HAVE THERE!!!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1373489 said:
Your comment: "My concern is Romo looked like a boy amongst men at the Pro Bowl

Lets see.....Brees was 1 for 5 before getting hurt.

Lets see.....Bulger fumbled the ball after being hit by an invisible gopher and then tried to swat it like a butterfly before watching it get returned to the house.

Lets see.....Vince Young threw a pick at the 5 going in and fumbled a QB keeper at his own 10 or 15 before getting pulled for Palmer.

Lets see.....Palmer just threw the ball deep to Chad every freaking play, I guess somebody forgot to tell Palmer others were in the game also.

YOU CALLING OUT ROMO WHEN THE OTHER QBs PLAYED LIKE THIS???

NICE AGENDA YOU HAVE THERE!!![/quote]

Owned!

cowboyed

Reaction score
Bigdog24;1373018 said:
Arm strength is fine, but he is still mentally fragile. Getting Boooed at the Pro Bowl, unheared of....he looked flustered until the end when Boldin save the NFC s day....My concern is Romo looked like a boy amongst men at the Pro Bowl

I guess you can read Romo as negatively as you like, but one thing for certain is that the 47 yard pass to Boldin was deliberately underthrown. So it wasn't Boldin just saving he day or making Romo look good or the game respectable. I guess Bulger looked like a boy amongst men as well.

For a first year quarterback playing in the probowl Romo held his own. Vince Young wasn't lighting it up in an elite manner in the Pro Bowl either and he was NFL Rookie of the Year.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Cowboy fans should get used to hearing internet cowboy fans make excuses for romo getting booed.

It has happened 3 out of the last 4 times he put on shoulder pads. We have eight home games next year. It doesn't look good for cinderella.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyBlog;1374168 said:
Cowboy fans should get used to hearing internet cowboy fans make excuses for romo getting booed.

It has happened 3 out of the last 4 times he put on shoulder pads. We have eight home games next year. It doesn't look good for cinderella.

You should be use to it too...

Many "boo" every single post you make on this forum.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1374168 said:

You better look out your window.....The "Good Prince" sent his carriage to fetch you. I think you may be spending a day or two in the "Tower of Dallas".

:rolleyes:

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the premise this 'thread' is based on is faulty. You are trying to say Romo's arm strength isn't there based on the underthrow to Boldin. Did you read what Romo had to say about the play? It was underthrown on purpose. He and Boldin talked about it in the huddle. Sorry to burst your bubble. Unless your only purpose was to cause a stir. If so , bravo, you get a silver.

cowboyed

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1374168 said:

It was reported and quoted by Romo in the post game interview that he intentionally underthrew that pass to Boldin. In other words this was a designed play. I don't think he would lie about it, when Romo messed up he has always fessed up. Boldin to date has not refuted the designed pass either. Boldin has no allegiance with the Dallas Cowboys.

So you can keep your hate blinders on all you want to, but your comments come off prejudicial if not ignorant.

There is no doubt that at times Romo underthrows the football. Any quarterback in this league in just about every game has done this on occassion, no matter how impressive their arm. Romo has also thrown some rockets, but hey let's leave that out of the equation.

So out of the hundreds of passes Romo has thrown, he may have underthrown about a handful of passes. Oh the horror.

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
Cowboys22;1372589 said:
The underthrown deep ball has become an actual play call these days. Thats why you see it every week. Teams actually practice it. If the CB doesn't see the ball throw, the WR has such a huge advantage to react 1st and make the play. Theres just as much chance that was intended as there is he made a bad pass and got lucky.

I'm sure this was already mentioned, but I'm too lazy to dig through the thread to find out. Romo was quoted as saying he and Boldin had talked about how the corner was covering over the top, so if he threw it short Boldin would be able to come back to get it. In fact it was funny because when the play happened, I told my old man that it could have been thrown short by design. He doubted me, but then I saw the quote from Romo the next day..