Romo's arm strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Josh Haldi, a year 2000 graduate of Madison High School, just completed a stellar career as a three year starting quarterback for NCAA D-IA, Northern Illinois Univeristy. As a junior, Josh led his team to a Top 25 National ranking, in both the AP and USA Today/ESPN polls. That year, NIU posted consecutive wins against Maryland, Alabama, and Iowa State before losing to also then-ranked Bowling Green in front of ESPN TV's one and only "College Game-Day" show on a Mid-American Conference campus.

As a senior, Josh led NIU to victory in the 2004 Silicon Valley Classic Bowl Game, and scored two touchdowns.

Josh was enrolled with College Prospects of America, beginning during the spring of his junior year in high school.

CPOA Northeast Ohio wishes Josh Haldi continued success in his quest to make the NFL !!!!!!!

Top Stories
Dash of speed helping Haldi
Mark Podolski, Sports Editor
03/03/2005

Email to a friend Voice your opinion Printer-friendly

Madison grad's 40-yard time third among QBs at scouting combine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Throughout his college football career, Josh Haldi was known as a winner and an efficient passer.
Evidently, he's not too shabby of a runner as well. In the end, that trait, above all else, could be his meal ticket to the NFL.
Haldi, who threw for 6,015 yards and 55 touchdowns as a three-year starter at Northern Illinois and won 25 of 32 games he started for the Huskies, was one of 24 quarterbacks invited to last week's NFL combine in Indianapolis.
He did not disappoint.
Most impressive, as well as surprising, was his time of 4.69 seconds in the 40-yard dash. The Madison High School graduate's time ranked third among quarterbacks at the combine. Louisville's Stefon Lefors led the way at 4.61 seconds.
The time, no doubt, sat well with his NFL coaches and scouts in attendance. For Haldi, 6-foot-2, 212 pounds, it was more than just a time.
"(The 40 time) really wasn't that big of a deal. At least for me," said Haldi, who missed four games this past season with a stress fracture in his ankle. "I had been working hard, and I knew I would run a pretty good time. It was more important for me to make a splash and make a name for myself. (The combine) meant more for me than some of the other big-name quarterbacks there. I think I really helped myself."
Haldi also posted a vertical jump of 33 inches, times of 4.07 and 6.89 seconds in the pro and three-cone shuttles, respectively, and he had a broad jump of 9 feet, 5 inches. The velocity of his throws was registered at a solid 54.7 mph, which ranked fifth among QBs at the combine.The combine results are no guarantee Haldi will be drafted. Haldi said he knows that.
Most draft reports say he'll likely be a street free-agent signee. It's a safe bet, however, Haldi left Indianapolis with his draft status markedly higher than when he arrived.
"As far as my speed, it continued to get better throughout my career," Haldi said. "I think I can be faster if I continue to work at it. I never really learned how to run until I started training (for the combine).
"Being a quarterback at the combine, it comes to how you throw, and I thought I did well. I'm just hoping to get an opportunity. All it takes is one team to show interest in you. The big thing everyone was talking about there was not caring how you start your career. It was just about getting into a camp and seeing where the chips fall. (After the combine), I'm anxious and excited about the future."
The next step is an individual workout on the campus of Northern Illinois this Monday. His plans?
"I don't think I'll run. I'll just throw," Haldi said.
He's already taken care of the running part.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Romo throws the ball faster than ANYONE in last years draft.....

Inside Dish: Utah's Smith answers criticisms at Combine
Posted: March 6, 2005

Utah QB Alex Smith has been criticized for lacking athleticism, but he had an answer at the Combine. Smith, who could be the first overall pick in the draft, was first among quarterbacks in the 20-yard shuttle with a time of 3.96 seconds. He finished second among quarterbacks in the three-cone drill with a time of 6.82. He even broad-jumped 9-5, which ranked him sixth among quarterbacks. . . .

Which quarterback prospect throws the hardest? Surprise, surprise, it's Purdue's Kyle Orton. His "ball speed" was timed at 57.3 mph at the Combine. . . .

Tristan

Reaction score
Romo has a "great arm" in the same sense that Roseann Barr has a great ***!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
You are getting caught up in the mlc twist.

I just BLEW up the facts on Rom's arm strength. Hre throws harder than anyone in last years draft. 2000 draft he 's againg top of the class.

Having touch and hitting receivers in stride. Throwing a "catchable" ball are negatives then Romo is guilty.

Parcells dropped a major nugget - Efficiency being measured. Romo exudes and is Mr Efficient. I don't see BP so gaga over a 46% game from a green QB. Tick Tock

Monday Press conference, 12:00 and your backup will be named. And his name is Tony Romo.....

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:

I just BLEW up the facts on Rom's arm strength. Hre throws harder than anyone in last years draft. 2000 draft he 's againg top of the class.

Having touch and hitting receivers in stride. Throwing a "catchable" ball are negatives then Romo is guilty.

Parcells dropped a major nugget - Efficiency being measured. Romo exudes and is Mr Efficient. I don't see BP so gaga over a 46% game from a green QB. Tick Tock

Monday Press conference, 12:00 and your backup will be named. And his name is Tony Romo.....

Yep, you definitely seem like a guy who is rooting for both guys. :rolleyes:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:

:hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.