Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
banned_n_austin said:
Romo has a freakin' cannon.

That is funny.

Yeah ya know what. Every time Romo steps back I swear that is really Favre thrown the ball there arm strength is so identical. Wait you know what lets just it over with. Romo has a much stronger arm then Favre ever had. Romo has the strongest arm the NFL has ever seen.

Ok now bein real. If he had such a......hahahahaha...cannon. I don't think he woulda gone UNDRAFTED!!!

I believe he can throw 57 mph. But if he is thrown 57 mph then Henson seriously has to be thrown in the mid to high 70s cuz the ball just gets there way faster then Romos does. I have seen nuff games with Favre in it to know that Romo has nowhere even close the same arm strength as Favre either.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Blowing up a 28 yard completion is heinous.
Oline is really an issue here. Parcells needs to shake this up.

I agree with you here. The OL was horrendous. Bring in a vet at RT until Pettiti is ready.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Link didn't work.

I'll let you in on a secret ... it was off of Crayton's finger tips ...

... you know what they say about if you're able to touch the ball ... you should be able to ______ the ball ...

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
I saw it - on NFL channel

Funny how completions have positive results.....

Throwing the ball away in panic never is a better play than a positive yardage completion....... But you were in party mode and 61 QB rating is better than a 96 QB rating?!? You deserve a mulligan.

Funny, since less than a hour ago you said this when I asked if you watched the game:

Nope have a life and had a family vacation.

So because I was away, that didn't happen? I take your word that Romo sucked and Henson was a stud. Get a major ?

Fact is Romo played very good.... And Henson was good.

All my observations on stats spot on....

So which is it Nors?:flipflop:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
That is funny.

Yeah ya know what. Every time Romo steps back I swear that is really Favre thrown the ball there arm strength is so identical. Wait you know what lets just it over with.

Romo does kind of have the composure of Favre ... he looks to be just having a lot of fun out there ...

Romo has a much stronger arm then Favre ever had. Romo has the strongest arm the NFL has ever seen.

No one ever said that ... and you're being jocular here ... but his arm is an NFL caliber arm which is what started this whole thing - people saying Romo had a weak arm. He does not. The comparison was made to Favre by his performance at a combine ... by someone not on this board and someone apparently reporting from the combine ...

Quit spinning.

Ok now bein real. If he had such a......hahahahaha...cannon. I don't think he woulda gone UNDRAFTED!!!

Lots of players go undrafted ... wasn't Kurt Warner undrafted?

And why deny the fact that his 57 mph was the 2nd highest velocity measured in the combine - despite of if he was drafted or not?

I believe he can throw 57 mph. But if he is thrown 57 mph then Henson seriously has to be thrown in the mid to high 70s cuz the ball just gets there way faster then Romos does. I have seen nuff games with Favre in it to know that Romo has nowhere even close the same arm strength as Favre either.

So, you think Henson can throw a lot harder than Favre?

Few QBs (if any) can throw a football 70 mph ... get a clue ... your homerism is taking you on a magic carpet ride ... be sure to wear your helmet ...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
That is funny.

Romo impresses at Indy
By Matthew Stevens/ Sports Reporter
Published: Tuesday, February 25, 2003
Article Tools: Page 1 of 1

Media Credit: Stephen Haas
Eastern senior Tony Romo excelled at the arm strength and IQ tests at the NFL combine. Romo was clocked at 57 mph during throwing drills and answered 37 out of the 50 questions correctly on the IQ test.

Eastern quarterback Tony Romo must have appreciated being in Indianapolis this weekend because at the NFL combine held in the racing capital of the world, he did everything fast.

"I wanted to show everyone that speed wasn't a problem," Romo said. "This was excatly why I worked so hard for two weeks in Florida, and it payed off."

The NFL prospect was placed in the second group Sunday afternoon along with Southern California's Carson Palmer, Louisville's Dave Ragone and Texas' Chris Simms.

Romo earned the second-fastest time in the shuttle run and was timed at 4.9 seconds in the 40-yard-dash.

"Basically, that's why I went to Florida, to increase my speed, and I feel like I'm a completely different player since I left," Romo said.

Romo impressed even himself during the IQ test by answering correctly 37 of 50 questions in only 12 minutes. The highest score last season during the combine was 41 and most quarterbacks only got through 22 questions.

"The whole point of the test was to see how quickly you can process the information given," Romo said.

The 2002 Walter Payton Award winner astonished many scouts in throwing drills after being clocked at 57 mph, which is impressive compared to future Hall of Fame Green Bay Packer quarterback Brett Farve's 61 mph.

"My arm strength has gotten much stronger since my last game at Eastern," Romo said.

There is nothing funny about Romo having an NFL caliber arm ...

blindzebra

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Romo impresses at Indy
By Matthew Stevens/ Sports Reporter
Published: Tuesday, February 25, 2003
Article Tools: Page 1 of 1

Media Credit: Stephen Haas
Eastern senior Tony Romo excelled at the arm strength and IQ tests at the NFL combine. Romo was clocked at 57 mph during throwing drills and answered 37 out of the 50 questions correctly on the IQ test.

Eastern quarterback Tony Romo must have appreciated being in Indianapolis this weekend because at the NFL combine held in the racing capital of the world, he did everything fast.

"I wanted to show everyone that speed wasn't a problem," Romo said. "This was excatly why I worked so hard for two weeks in Florida, and it payed off."

The NFL prospect was placed in the second group Sunday afternoon along with Southern California's Carson Palmer, Louisville's Dave Ragone and Texas' Chris Simms.

Romo earned the second-fastest time in the shuttle run and was timed at 4.9 seconds in the 40-yard-dash.

"Basically, that's why I went to Florida, to increase my speed, and I feel like I'm a completely different player since I left," Romo said.

Romo impressed even himself during the IQ test by answering correctly 37 of 50 questions in only 12 minutes. The highest score last season during the combine was 41 and most quarterbacks only got through 22 questions.

"The whole point of the test was to see how quickly you can process the information given," Romo said.

The 2002 Walter Payton Award winner astonished many scouts in throwing drills after being clocked at 57 mph, which is impressive compared to future Hall of Fame Green Bay Packer quarterback Brett Farve's 61 mph.

"My arm strength has gotten much stronger since my last game at Eastern," Romo said.

There is nothing funny about Romo having an NFL caliber arm ...

Is this like the 1,000th time this has been posted in this thread?

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Is this like the 1,000th time this has been posted in this thread?

What is so funny though about Romo having a strong arm?

I just don't see it being so funny, especially with facts like this ...

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
That write does not mean anything to me. If Romo had this so called cannon he wouldnt have gone undrafted.

His arm strength is nowhere even close to Favres. If you wanna believe he has the same arm strength as Favre then go ahead. Anyone outside of the
RMCC(Romo Man Crush Club) will laugh at that.

Saying Romo has the same arm as a Favre or Henson would be like saying Keyshawn Johnson is just as fast as Randy Moss.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
That write does not mean anything to me. If Romo had this so called cannon he wouldnt have gone undrafted.

His arm strength is nowhere even close to Favres. If you wanna believe he has the same arm strength as Favre then go ahead. Anyone outside of the
RMCC(Romo Man Crush Club) will laugh at that.

Saying Romo has the same arm as a Favre or Henson would be like saying Keyshawn Johnson is just as fast as Randy Moss.

Actually, 4mph is a lot when considering throwing a football ...

I'm not saying he can sling it like Favre can from every position like Favre does ... but the whole point was to put Hos' and BZ's ostrich spectator assesment that Romo has a weak arm to rest ... he's got an arm ...

His arm is just fine to be playing in the NFL ... or he wouldn't be playing in the NFL ... and beating out Henson (who was drafted) I might add ...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Actually, 4mph is a lot when considering throwing a football ...

I'm not saying he can sling it like Favre can from every position like Favre does ... but the whole point was to put Hos' and BZ's ostrich spectator assesment that Romo has a weak arm to rest ... he's got an arm ...

His arm is just fine to be playing in the NFL ... or he wouldn't be playing in the NFL ... and beating out Henson (who was drafted) I might add ...
He did not ever show his arm Ben. Dream on. If he has it, he needs to use it. The lollypops he was throwing were not impressive at all. Period.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Link worked for me - wow - Dback got lucky there.....

You know, I thought Romo had a good game. Seemed to have good command of the offense out there.

However, I don't agree on this pass. Both guys slowed way up. It was a pretty good pass in the sense that only Crayton was going to catch it if anyone, but the DB had plenty of time to make a play on the ball.

We can't see the receiver's routes, but I would guess that ball should have come out a bit earlier. DB and WR were both basically stopped waiting for that pass to arrive.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
junk said:
You know, I thought Romo had a good game. Seemed to have good command of the offense out there.

However, I don't agree on this pass. Both guys slowed way up. It was a pretty good pass in the sense that only Crayton was going to catch it if anyone, but the DB had plenty of time to make a play on the ball.

We can't see the receiver's routes, but I would guess that ball should have come out a bit earlier. DB and WR were both basically stopped waiting for that pass to arrive.
:hammer:

blindzebra

Reaction score
junk said:

He threw it late, he threw it almost side arm, it fluttered, and it had nothing on it.

Other than that it was perfect.:D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He did not ever show his arm Ben. Dream on. If he has it, he needs to use it. The lollypops he was throwing were not impressive at all. Period.

46% "darts" completion are impressive?

80% Completion and 96 QB rating sucks? Wow -

Bring your ship into harbor Hensonagendanites - the storm is coming. The smart one's are slowly slinking away as the die is cast......

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
46% "darts" completion are impressive?

80% Completion and 96 QB rating sucks? Wow -

Bring your ship into harbor Hensonagendanites - the storm is coming. The smart one's are slowly slinking away as the die is cast......
You didn't see the game, why should I pay any heed to this crap at all.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
He threw it late, he threw it almost side arm, it fluttered, and it had nothing on it.

Other than that it was perfect.:D
BZ - Sounds like you partied your *** off in AZ - Cool.

What makes Hensons 46% completion far better than 80% completion in Romo?

Are you expecting Romo to go 10 for 10?

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
BZ - Sounds like you partied your *** off in AZ - Cool.

What makes Hensons 46% completion far better than 80% completion in Romo?

Are you expecting Romo to go 10 for 10?

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock
He drank water. No alcohol. No drugs.

Tick tock.

Status
Not open for further replies.