Romo's arm strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You didn't see the game, why should I pay any heed to this crap at all.

Oooohhhh - so you trump all that were not there that night. I'm glad you guys partied and had a blast, But how you feel a 6-13 61 QB rating TRUMPED A 8-10 Romo 96 rating is rediculous. In fact he had a 28 yard pass called back to HOOT.

Sorry for calling your partial reporting....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Funny, since less than a hour ago you said this when I asked if you watched the game:

Nope have a life and had a family vacation.

So because I was away, that didn't happen? I take your word that Romo sucked and Henson was a stud. Get a major ?

Fact is Romo played very good.... And Henson was good.

All my observations on stats spot on....

So which is it Nors?:flipflop:

Get a life again....

Was watching NFL network and they showed some highlites tonight.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
That write does not mean anything to me. If Romo had this so called cannon he wouldnt have gone undrafted.

His arm strength is nowhere even close to Favres. If you wanna believe he has the same arm strength as Favre then go ahead. Anyone outside of the
RMCC(Romo Man Crush Club) will laugh at that.

Saying Romo has the same arm as a Favre or Henson would be like saying Keyshawn Johnson is just as fast as Randy Moss.

Wolverine - I have as yet to see any factual post by you. Please reference your sources on MPH facts related to QB's....

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
BZ - Sounds like you partied your *** off in AZ - Cool.

What makes Hensons 46% completion far better than 80% completion in Romo?

Are you expecting Romo to go 10 for 10?

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

I have not had a drink in a long, long time.

We partied on seeing our Cowboys, and hoping that ALL OF THEM would do well.

We cared enough to actually SEE the game, and went out of our way to take in enough observations about ALL the players to give our fellow fans, some insight on the team you can't get on TV, radio, or from a STAT SHEET.

We talked glowingly about all your little 3-4 pieces in all of our recaps, but in your haste to blow your horn, over the back up QB you missed all that, huh.

It's sad, because while we were at the game sweating and losing our voices, we all knew that certain posters would only see what fit their cause and stir the pot.

I'm glad I got to meet REAL fans who love ALL the Cowboys and want them ALL to succeed.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Nors said:
Get a life again....

Was watching NFL network and they showed some highlites tonight.

I don't know if you're someone that just likes to stir the pot, or if you really dislike Henson.

Nearly everyone that saw the game came away thinking that Henson and Romo both played well. Why can't you accept that?

Romo played very well, he moved the team every time he was out there. He was poised, cool, and on the money with most of his throws.

Henson played well.....he didn't have great numbers, but he led the team to a score on every drive he took part in....well, the last drive he didn't....but he did get us close enough for Cundiff to make the 48 yarder, only to have it called back.

And watching highlights never is quite the same than watching the game. Seeing numbers and using them solely to judge how a player played is silly.

Just do yourself a favor.....find someone that taped the game and watch it. Then you should be able to see that both Romo and Henson played pretty good.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I don't know if you're someone that just likes to stir the pot, or if you really dislike Henson.

Nearly everyone that saw the game came away thinking that Henson and Romo both played well. Why can't you accept that?

Romo played very well, he moved the team every time he was out there. He was poised, cool, and on the money with most of his throws.

Henson played well.....he didn't have great numbers, but he led the team to a score on every drive he took part in....well, the last drive he didn't....but he did get us close enough for Cundiff to make the 48 yarder, only to have it called back.

And watching highlights never is quite the same than watching the game. Seeing numbers and using them solely to judge how a player played is silly.

Just do yourself a favor.....find someone that taped the game and watch it. Then you should be able to see that both Romo and Henson played pretty good.

I agree - Romo played very well and Henson played well, 46% completions in my world is not great for Henson. We have some homerism going on - JMO HE MOVED OFFENSE AGAINST #85 ON ROSTER WITH OUR rb RUNNING AMOCK!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
What is better?

2scoring drives (almost 3) or 1?

Hmm.

Just food for thought.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
You didn't see the game, why should I pay any heed to this crap at all.
Hey this is the same guy that said we were going to sign Ty Law so show him some respect.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bizwah

Reaction score
Ooops.....I meant Henson led us to two scores......should've been three. He got us in position to win. I liked that he moved the team with the game on the line.

Romo played well too......He may very well have led us to another scoring drive had we not had so many brainfarts on the OL.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Nors said:
Wolverine - I have as yet to see any factual post by you. Please reference your sources on MPH facts related to QB's....

Simple genius. Go back to the MNF game last year where they had the gun on Favres throws(uhm it would be a GB game just to let you know). I cant help it old age has caught up with you and your memory is gone.

The other is just common sense. If Romo throws 57 MPH and Henson is obviously thrown the ball alot harder then just simple guessing would put Henson int he 70s.

Martice

Reaction score
from what I saw, Romo has a fine enough arm to play QB in the NFL and if he continues to develop at his current rate of speed, he could be a very good one.

I didn't see anything in Romo's game that would suggest that his arm strength would be a liability to our team.

In short, the real question is. Do you think Romo's "lack of arm strength" (as some believe) will cost us games? Will his so called "weak arm" be too much to over come even when the rest of his game may be clicking?

These are the questions that need to be asked and answered.

If you are prepared to say that you believe Romo's arm will cost us games, then he need not be on the team and if he is, he should be used as a third string and maybe be a snap holder.

If you think his arm strength will not be a determining factor of "MOST" games we play then all of this bickering is silly and we need to move on.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He did not ever show his arm Ben. Dream on. If he has it, he needs to use it. The lollypops he was throwing were not impressive at all. Period.

Warm ups, Hos ... Warm ups ...

Short to medium passes, Hos ... short to medium passes ...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
You know, I thought Romo had a good game. Seemed to have good command of the offense out there.

However, I don't agree on this pass. Both guys slowed way up. It was a pretty good pass in the sense that only Crayton was going to catch it if anyone, but the DB had plenty of time to make a play on the ball.

We can't see the receiver's routes, but I would guess that ball should have come out a bit earlier. DB and WR were both basically stopped waiting for that pass to arrive.

What percent chance would you say that it had to be caught though?

According to Hos' ostrich spectator technique, it had zero percent ...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I have not had a drink in a long, long time.

We partied on seeing our Cowboys, and hoping that ALL OF THEM would do well.

We cared enough to actually SEE the game, and went out of our way to take in enough observations about ALL the players to give our fellow fans, some insight on the team you can't get on TV, radio, or from a STAT SHEET.

We talked glowingly about all your little 3-4 pieces in all of our recaps, but in your haste to blow your horn, over the back up QB you missed all that, huh.

It's sad, because while we were at the game sweating and losing our voices, we all knew that certain posters would only see what fit their cause and stir the pot.

I'm glad I got to meet REAL fans who love ALL the Cowboys and want them ALL to succeed.

And while we sat at home watching the same exact game on television ... we knew you'd come back with a one-sided, ostrich view of what really happened at QB ...

We saw the game too ... and apperently were able to see parts of it better than you guys were ... that pass was catchable - flat out.

Give it a rest ... spare us the 'we were there' ... we know ... pat on the back ... it was a preseason game that you came away from still being a Henson homer .... even after Romo spanked Henson's performance ...

I can see sometime during mid season when the real games are going on ... you're still going to reflect back to the zip you saw during warm ups ... and just know that Parcells has Romo as #2 because he wants to pyss you off ...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
What is better?

2scoring drives (almost 3) or 1?

Hmm.

Just food for thought.

And what is better 8 of 10 ... or 5 for 14 ... food for thought as well ... and your agenda is shining bright ... unbiased view MY AZZ!

blindzebra

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
And what is better 8 of 10 ... or 5 for 14 ... food for thought as well ... and your agenda is shining bright ... unbiased view MY AZZ!

So is your's, he was 6-13.;)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
What percent chance would you say that it had to be caught though?

According to Hos' ostrich spectator technique, it had zero percent ...

Well, I would say it was low, but probably not zero. I mean both guys slowed down and were looking back at the ball. A good DB should have made a play on the ball, but the ball was in the right location.

I do think it came out late and it definitely fluttered.

Romo's game actually reminded me of the game that I thought Quincy won the starting job with in Pittsburgh prior to the 2003 season.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
I feel stupid. I read this whole thread. I'm not into phsyics but there's a reason why they measure speed at the combine for throwing- it's a good indication of arm strength. Again I don't know exactly how they do the MNF calculations on their speed measurements but I don't think it's identical to the combine. 57 mph is a very good result for the combine. It's like a 4.5 40- good enough to compete in the league. I think Henson probably has a stronger arm. But he's going to need more than that to win the backup job.

The rest of the thread was a lot of petty bickering and reposting.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Who was the poster at training camp last year - he said he was impressed with Romo's arm in person.....

Status
Not open for further replies.