WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo in Mexico
1:40 PM Sat, Jan 05, 2008 | Permalink
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

It's funny how people are saying Troy Aikman, Brett Favre and a few other quarterbacks didn't vacation during bye weeks.

Those players probably did, we just didn't know about it because the media, internet gossip pages and the such, weren't around as much.

If Tony Romo wants to vacation in Mexico during the bye week, that's his business. To me, it's not a big deal. It becomes a big deal if the Cowboys lose and its been determined he was distracted by all of this.

So far, it hasn't been proven he is distracted for dating Jessica Simpson. So, what do you say about Jason Witten, who is sitting with Romo in Mexico? So, if Witten has just two catches next Sunday, he was distracted?

I think the whole thing is a joke. Whether or not Romo has vacation in Mexico, Paris, Texas or Chicago, it doesn't matter.

The games matter.

Romo clearing mind in Mexico
1:05 PM Sat, Jan 05, 2008 | Permalink
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Paparazzi snapped a few pictures of Tony Romo vacationing in Mexico this weekend with the Simpson family, and they're all over the blogosphere now (********, The Big Lead and other sites I can't link to because of profanity, etc.).

I'm not about to make a big deal out of how Romo chooses to spend his bye weekend. Jessica is clearly concerned about making sure her man is ready to play, as evidenced by the deep tissue massage she's giving his backside in one photo. Plus, Jason Witten made the trip to keep an eye on his road roomie.

For this here blog ... this is Timmy Tabloid.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors;1879410 said:
Somewhere Parcells is sneering at all of this.
Honestly, who cares what Parcells thinks of this? I sure don't. I have a hard time understanding why anyone cares about this. The National Enquirer, People, US, TMZ, OMG, and all those sites are supposed to be for star tsruck, giggling girls, not football fans. The estrogen and Maalox of this thread is beyond disturbing.

Tony Romo is a grown man and is doing things grown men do. The only thing I'd like to know is where in Mexico they are because I like the look of the beach houses they rented. Beyond that I hope they have a hell of a good time.

He'll be back to work Monday as expected and will be prepared for whomever we face. I thought Cowboys fans had more respect for the man than this.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
thekavorka;1879440 said:
when the hell did i ever mention california? huh
i think romo could relax in the comfort of dallas without everything that goes on in mexico.
I don't know where you vacation in Mexico, but the places I go and that it's pretty likely these folks go are as safe as in the arms of your mother.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You will have to excuse me if I'm a little more concerned about what Romo does in our next game. If he wants to take a quick trip with Jessica (or whoever) that is fine by me.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;1879676 said:
Honestly, who cares what Parcells thinks of this? I sure don't. I have a hard time understanding why anyone cares about this. The National Enquirer, People, US, TMZ, OMG, and all those sites are supposed to be for star tsruck, giggling girls, not football fans. The estrogen and Maalox of this thread is beyond disturbing.

Tony Romo is a grown man and is doing things grown men do. The only thing I'd like to know is where in Mexico they are because I like the look of the beach houses they rented. Beyond that I hope they have a hell of a good time.

He'll be back to work Monday as expected and will be prepared for whomever we face. I thought Cowboys fans had more respect for the man than this.

I'm normally with you on this, during the off season, I could care less what the guy is doing. I was disgusted that the fans were running around like a bunch of gossiping school girls.

But this isn't the off season. If he needs this to clear his head, so be it, but you can't do something like this and then lay on egg on game day. All I know is he better bring it, or you bet your bottom this will be remembered.

Boysboy

Reaction score
TheCount;1879752 said:
I'm normally with you on this, during the off season, I could care less what the guy is doing. I was disgusted that the fans were running around like a bunch of gossiping school girls.

But this isn't the off season. If he needs this to clear his head, so be it, but you can't do something like this and then lay on egg on game day. All I know is he better bring it, or you bet your bottom this will be remembered.

FYI-once upon a time ago, even my medical school friends would go out and party on Fri nights, and then would be refreshed thereafter to hit the books when exams would come up.

Come on, people-you're acting like your house is all of a sudden on fire. Look on the bright side, if we had Donovan McFlabb has our QB, things wouldn't exactly be rosy around here...ever.:laugh2:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
thekavorka;1879337 said:
why not? there are some players that have earned the right to go have fun on their off days.
I guess it's good that you are the sole arbiter of who should and should not go out. :rolleyes:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hostile;1879676 said:

You my friend have never been more wrong. Going to Mexico with her is not what grown men do. I'm a grown man and I have never done it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Gotta admit that I'm among those who asks why you can't wait about a month or whenever to do this.

Of course it isn't that he can't ever go out, or has to live like a monk, or any of that nonsense. It's almost about appearances as much as anything. You just got a $67 million contract. You're the leader of the team. You haven't played particularly well lately. Why not at least give the impression that your nose is really to the grindstone?

If nothing else, this is going to put even more pressure on him, because every freaking media person on Earth will be screaming about this and settting him up to fail because of it.

Oh well.

Anyway... We all know Tony has dated these starlets for a while now, but does anyone else get the idea that Tony is a little 12 letter word that starts with a P over this one? The way he kind of defended her honor after the Carolina game kinda gave it away IMO.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The people who are down on Romo for vacationing on his day off are unbelievable.

I would like to know how many of you kids practice making french fries on your days off from Mcdonalds.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;1879830 said:
You my friend have never been more wrong. Going to Mexico with her is not what grown men do. I'm a grown man and I have never done it.
So would it have been ok if he'd gone with Carrie?

Another question for those who disapprove. If he'd stayed in Dallas, but these pics were taken in a nice little resort in Dallas, would it have really made that much of a difference? just wondering

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1879833 said:
Gotta admit that I'm among those who asks why you can't wait about a month or whenever to do this.

Of course it isn't that he can't ever go out, or has to live like a monk, or any of that nonsense. It's almost about appearances as much as anything. You just got a $67 million contract. You're the leader of the team. You haven't played particularly well lately. Why not at least give the impression that your nose is really to the grindstone?

If nothing else, this is going to put even more pressure on him, because every freaking media person on Earth will be screaming about this and settting him up to fail because of it.

Oh well.

Anyway... We all know Tony has dated these starlets for a while now, but does anyone else get the idea that Tony is a little 12 letter word that starts with a P over this one? The way he kind of defended her honor after the Carolina game kinda gave it away IMO.

I agree, I wish he was as worried as I am about next week but, he's the millionaire. Isn't that two word?

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
What exactly is he doing in Mexico that he could not do in Dallas?

Sex with Jessica Simpson - Can be done in Dallas

Have great Mexican food - Can be done in Dallas

Hang out by a pool - Can be done in Dallas

Get drunk on Mexican beer and Tequila - Can be done in Dallas

So basically everyone is upset he went on an airplane

Catch-22

Reaction score
Would this be as big of a story if he was spotted in Oklahoma or New Mexico?

Mexico isn't exactly far from Texas but people are acting like he's halfway around the world.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1879838 said:
So would it have been ok if he'd gone with Carrie?

Another question for those who disapprove. If he'd stayed in Dallas, but these pics were taken in a nice little resort in Dallas, would it have really made that much of a difference? just wondering

I was kidding, geesh this is a tough room.