Twitter: Ron Leary wants to return

aria

Reaction score
LOL!

Worn out, huh? Didnt realize i used that line so often. My bad, homie. I'll go with GREAT STORY from hear on out... just to shake things up.

I just poke fun at debbie downer, negative replies is all. No need to go on the offensive. One team.. one goal. Plus, i dont think adding some cheap seasoned vets is really such a WRETCHED, HORRIBLE, team disabling idea. Relax.
“Perfectly calm, calmer than you are.”

This fan base and to a good extent, the FO, has been living in the past for the over two decades. It’s time to move on. Debbie downer is seeing people get excited over bringing in washed up vets who no other teams want and never even made it to the conference championship for good reason. It would be just the type of move Jerry makes to keep him in the headlines. Specifically talking Dez here.

quickccc

Reaction score
I will give an honest response. WHY? Why must we have to wait and see how it plays out? This is a win now business, Careers and jobs are on the line. Just sayin.

Because you invested a very high draft pick in Williams, you can't go wasting those like we did with the Taco pick.

You have to make those Day 1 and Day 2, first 3 rounds really count.
those are generally your most immediate contributors and front runners core of your drafts for years to come.

and as said before, just as we had to let Lael get through his learning and adjusting curve, we may have to do the same with Williams.

quickccc

Reaction score
Leary and Cooper had signficantly better seasons than Williams and we literally got both of them off the street.

Williams literally couldn't finish the year because he ended the season for the 3rd straight year needing knee surgery. Took him 25 starts just to get a game grade of at least 70 as well......

Being made of glass and performing below average is not "solid". I understand the hate on him is a little annoying but let's be real, he's extremely injury prone and playing out of position.

Best bet is move him to swing tackle and save 5 million on the cap by letting Cam Fleming walk. Would save cap, put less strain on Williams body since he won't be a full time starter, and we can see him at his more natural position

lol..You make him sound like He's Chaz Green. :confused:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Because you invested a very high draft pick in Williams, you can't go wasting those like we did with the Taco pick.

You have to make those Day 1 and Day 2, first 3 rounds really count.
those are generally your most immediate contributors and front runners core of your drafts for years to come.

and as said before, just as we had to let Lael get through his learning and adjusting curve, we may have to do the same with Williams.
HOPE we aren't being too loyal.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cause we haven't spent enough on the OL already. We have a weak DL, razor this secondary, and a starting LB coming off neck injury but lets throw even more money at the offense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cause we haven't spent enough on the OL already. We have a weak DL, razor this secondary, and a starting LB coming off neck injury but lets throw even more money at the offense.
the interior dline better be the top priority in this draft and free agency. More of the same won't work.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We have to go big or go home on Defense. Anything else is a failure.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We did draft Connor McGregor last season, so the team didn't stand pat at OG. Hopefully he is healthy and can add something to the mix.
I like McGregor the fighter lol..but you meant McGovern. I dunno how good he will be. We haven't seen him take 1 snap on the field yet.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think the OT backup positions may be a more useful thing to do at this time, over an OG.

Perhaps the powers that be may see fit to draft one around the middle of the draft or later.

Then again, someone like Brandon Knight could potentially be the player to attend to that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
loyalty in sports usually doesn't work out well. Gotta know when its time to cut bait.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like McGregor the fighter lol..but you meant McGovern. I dunno how good he will be. We haven't seen him take 1 snap on the field yet.
Maybe McGovern (the 1970's presidential candidate?) will be a fighter too. You're right that we haven't seen him, so we don't know, but you expressed concern about the team possibly being too loyal, and drafting him at least shows that the team hasn't locked itself in with Williams.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the interior dline better be the top priority in this draft and free agency. More of the same won't work.

Between mcgregor, williams, and martin we should have guard solidified barring injury. But after we spend 45-50 million retaining 2 pieces on offense we had better make some moves to replace free agents/ improve the defense.

Tussinman

Reaction score
lol..You make him sound like He's Chaz Green. :confused:
4 knee surgeries in 3 seasons at only age 22 isn't quite chaz level injury level but that's pretty bad.

He's not built to be a long term starter at this point, depth would be better. Swing tackle to save his career/body and then have McGovern + a veteran battle for LG

Rayman70

Reaction score
the way I saw it play out in 2019 tells me this, we are woefully soft up the gut of our defense all the way back to safety. So, saying that, here are the 3 positions we MUST address successfully this offseason. DT/MLB/SAFETY. It really is that simple. Woods is our other safety and I'm ok with him. But we need another playmaker beside him, a stud. We got exposed during the green bay game last year and it went on from there. That's how we got beat, up the guts of our defense. If we do not empathically address this , we will see a repeat of last year. As good as MM is, he needs players. Garrett never seemed to understand that..he just thought he could fit players to scheme. It doesn't work that way. You fit your scheme around the talent you have. Andy Reid is a master at this. We are about to find out if MM is as well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I know we have LVE AND Jaylon, but neither had a good year. Gifford is a guy to watch out for. I think he could give LVE a run for his money. I am concerned about his neck.

quickccc

Reaction score
I know we have LVE AND Jaylon, but neither had a good year. Gifford is a guy to watch out for. I think he could give LVE a run for his money. I am concerned about his neck.

really ? ...based off just a handful of plays in one preseason game ? that sounds like quite a fetching pipe dream.
I was just hoping he can prove to be healthy, resourceful backup depth guy
and Gifford has got to prove much more resilient and durable than his bad luck injury riddled rookie year.