Image: Rookie Minicamp Photos

sjmike

Reaction score
This will be my final comment deviating from the OP.

Will McClay is one of those outstanding people Jones hired. McClay has done a great job in my opinion. It is regrettable Jones has not done the professionally correct move and provided McClay with the appropriate job title of Dallas Cowboys General Manager.
Why do you care who is called what? If McClay is happy and we keep winning, then it really doesn't matter

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it's OK for the CEO's oh apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and Tesla to show up at their board meetings and occasionally give a motivating speech for his employees but it's not OK for Jerry he gets mocked now what I see is a bunch of really jealous fans because Jerry flies around on helicopters lands on yachts owns the team they cheer for and they can't help themselves, so they have to try to belittle the guy at every opportunity??
I really couldn't care any less about his yachts, helicopters, submarines, jets, expensive toys or anything else he owns. Or what those other CEO's do with their companies. But when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys and how he runs the team I do. And as a general manager it's VERY clear what he comes up short with. One of them is his communication skills.

We've all hear Jerry talk. And how he talks. He sounds like a bumbling idiot trying to make sense and use big words to impress people. And he fails. That isn't new news. It's the one thing he is very consistent at. I don't know what he said in his speech to those players. But it's safe to assume most of them left shaking their heads just like we all do when we hear him talk.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
He sure did a good job of putting together the team and overseeing it. It's exciting having a good team that is a contender.

Jerry did not put the team together, he pays someone to do that. He is just out there to impress the young guys...
look at me,

I'm Jerra Jones, uh, now, what I uh want you to know about this game of uh, football...you seen them three Superbowl trophies uh when you walked into uh the building?

I won those as the uh owner of the Cowboys and you are with us to uh...paint the balls blue on a a...grasshopper when you see one.

I picked you boys to go understand that uh if you uh want to be a Dallas Cowboy uh work for it but uh listen to what I'll say...lift them bricks, feed some cows and then...get them balls done when ya do...!

Now...one other thang...if any uh the uh coachs or uh trainers hurt you feelings as a Dallas Cowboy...just talk to me instead...I'm the owner. Now boys what uh ya'll say...hit the field...find the uh grasshopper...find the pimple uh on the butt of a nat.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Jealousy. Period. Jerrys not allowed to address his new additions to HIS team??

So it's OK for the CEO's oh apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and Tesla to show up at their board meetings and occasionally give a motivating speech for his employees but it's not OK for Jerry he gets mocked now what I see is a bunch of really jealous fans because Jerry flies around on helicopters lands on yachts owns the team they cheer for and they can't help themselves, so they have to try to belittle the guy at every opportunity??
Jerry deserves to be belittled