Drafted by Cowboys Round 2 Pick 56 Dallas Cowboys draft DE Marshawn Kneeland Western Michigan

morat1959

Reaction score
Could it be DLaws replacement?....his contract end is looming

Jerry probably vowed to not be put over a barrel like Daks contract is doing.

One thing a megalomanic loathes above all is to have an employee having total control over his business decisions
I’ll be tickled if we get another DLaw. Big shoes to fill but you can’t pay another contract. I hope we hit on a few players this draft. I have zero expectations for next season. Looking forward to life after Dak.

J12B

Reaction score
The Cowboys first two picks are projects and need a lot of work and patience. Barton and Wilson would have come in day one and make an immediate impact. I don’t dislike the first two picks but one is rotational and the other isn’t anywhere near ready to play LT in the NFL.
The same thing was said about Tyler Smith, but the front office hit a home run.

That's why I'm trusting them with Guyton.

Kneeland will probably play only 33% of the snaps this season similar to how Sam Williams is being developed. We need DE depth with Armstrong and Fowler gone. Plus Lawrence is probably gone after this season too.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The same thing was said about Tyler Smith, but the front office hit a home run.

That's why I'm trusting them with Guyton.

Kneeland will probably play only 33% of the snaps this season similar to how Sam Williams is being developed. We need DE depth with Armstrong and Fowler gone. Plus Lawrence is probably gone after this season too.
I loved the Smith pick, he was ready to start week one. I feel like Guyton will need some time before he is ready at this level, especially at LT. Maybe he learns rather quickly and I hope he does.

McMicah

Reaction score
I love this pick because you keep Micah fresh for pass rush downs. Dlaw and Kneeland for run downs, Micah and Williams for pass. What the heck are they gonna do with Fehoko and Gholston with Zim

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Well it's good to know that the Cowboys are going to go another year of not addressing the problem in the middle of their defensive line.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I love this pick because you keep Micah fresh for pass rush downs. Dlaw and Kneeland for run downs, Micah and Williams for pass. What the heck are they gonna do with Fehoko and Gholston with Zim
I think Fehoko will kick back out to base end to give Lawrence some relief on run downs. I think we'll keep Golston at tackle because our depth is thin there.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The run defense was weak up the middle.

Dallas needs DTs, not DEs for run stopping. Now maybe they feel confident in Mazi, et al stepping up.

But that's not a sure thing....
I wouldn't think they feel confident, but they did just spend a first-round pick on him last year and Odighizuwa graded out well at 3-tech. Mazi gets to sink or swim this year in showing he was worth the pick. He'll be a better fit IMO for what Zimmer asks of him than what Quinn was asking of him.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Run D was massively weak off the edges.

Yep-everyone complains about Mazi’s play which was not great but I watched so many explosive edge runs that were the real death on defense. LB play along with the secondary support and edge lineman were getting destroyed repeatedly.