Drafted by Cowboys Round 3 pick 87 Dallas Cowboys take LB Marist Liufau Notre Dame

Gambit

Reaction score
There are a ton, one is on bleacher report, you can find it, not allowed to post it.

GRADE: 5.6 (Backup/Draftable — 6th Round)
OVERALL RANK: 212
POSITION RANK: LB17
PRO COMPARISON: Kamu Grugier-Hill

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2024/marist-liufau
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/marist-liufau/32004c49-5509-8197-2b25-ee72cdcbe615
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Marist-Liufau-LB-NotreDame
https://sportstalk.substack.com/p/marist-liufau-lb-notre-dame-2024
Does not say with 100% certainity he WOULD be there just gives their opinion.

Can you comprehend the difference?

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
In case you haven’t picked up on it now the theme of this draft is toughness.
Dallas or adopting some of the Bella check ideology- draft football players not stylistic measurable guys.

All four guys we drafted are Punch you in the face run you over types.
Except for maybe the tackle we took last night he’s a little bit more finesse than the rest.
That is a much needed trait, hope they dont pick wrong habits in the locker room. I like replenishing the trenches but why head scratchers ?

stiletto

Reaction score
Does not say with 100% certainity he WOULD be there just gives their opinion.

Can you comprehend the difference?
Nothing is guaranteed and you are just a guy on the forum with an opinion like the rest of us....it's my opinion that they reached big time but we'll see. Maybe he will be a Special Teamer superstar! LOL!!!

Gambit

Reaction score
Nothing is guaranteed and you are just a guy on the forum with an opinion like the rest of us....it's my opinion that they reached big time but we'll see. Maybe he will be a Special Teamer superstar! LOL!!!
I think they got a heck of a football player who fits the type of LB Zimmer likes.

I don't think he makes it to 174, and more to the point better chance of a RB who can help at 174 than LB.

Great coverage LB fun fact did not give up a WR TD is something like 400 pass coverage snaps (don't know the exact number)

Long arms, high motor, plays with a ton passion.

Not a regret at all in my mind in this pick.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think they got a heck of a football player who fits the type of LB Zimmer likes.

I don't think he makes it to 174, and more to the point better chance of a RB who can help at 174 than LB.

Great coverage LB fun fact did not give up a WR TD is something like 400 pass coverage snaps (don't know the exact number)

Long arms, high motor, plays with a ton passion.

Not a regret at all in my mind in this pick.
Are you saying there were no better LB'ers available than this guy? Are you his agent?

Gambit

Reaction score
Are you saying there were no better LB'ers available than this guy? Are you his agent?
I offered zero opinion on whether or not there were better lbs available. I trust you can read what I said about the player and comprehend this basic fact, since you're the judge and arbiter of all things reading comprehension.

Enjoy your night I'm not going entertain any more convo with you on this since you're incapable of holding one.

stiletto

Reaction score
I offered zero opinion on whether or not there were better lbs available. I trust you can read what I said about the player and comprehend this basic fact, since you're the judge and arbiter of all things reading comprehension.

Enjoy your night I'm not going entertain any more convo with you on this since you're incapable of holding one.
Take your ball and go home then...no one cares.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
People go crazy over these picks. Some work out some don’t that’s the nature of it. Half the guys drafted in the first round are out of football in what 3-4 years.

We liked him for a reason. Don’t think he’d be there later. To be honest I trust Mike zimmmer and will mcclay.

We don’t get enough credit for our good draft picks… But we’ve drafted as well as any team over the past decade… talent has never been a problem. You can’t hit on every pick. It’s just not possible

Rayman70

Reaction score
In case you haven’t picked up on it now the theme of this draft is toughness.
Dallas or adopting some of the Bella check ideology- draft football players not stylistic measurable guys.

All four guys we drafted are Punch you in the face run you over types.
Except for maybe the tackle we took last night he’s a little bit more finesse than the rest.
we drafted street thugs and I luv it. None of them are sexy picks or media darlings, but we drafted really good ball players that aim to hurt you. Kneeland has Power and I can't wait til Greg Ellis gets him under his wing. Kneeland is a violent sob. Ie seen him dog walk his guy into the QB many a time in games. We didnt have anyone like him til now. Many fans and so called experts are down on the pick saying hes a project but thats hogwash. Its because they don't know his game at Western Michigan. I encourage you all to film study him.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
Some of you think this kid was a reach and we could have selected him in the 5th or 6th round...Why? Because you did 1000 mock drafts and you're an expert now? This kid is a solid get and he is going to bring some intensity to the defense. Is he a starter in year one, probably not, but he is going to bring it and he will earn his stripes. Time will tell.
The cowboys will do something and get back into the 4th round and get that RB...count on it.

ICP

Reaction score
Stupid, just stupid. Could have been had in the 5th

Gambit

Reaction score
This linebacker reminds me of Ken Norton Jr and safety Troy Polamalu. This is a good pick. But what about RB?
Rico Vaughn and likely a guy tomorrow drafted.

Unless an insane run on RBs happens I think there will be a guy who give you some plays at 174.

We needed to address OL this year and they have done that. Very well I'd say.

Day 3 is always my favorite part of the draft I look forward to it and how it plays out