Drafted by Cowboys Round 5 Pick 174 Dallas Cowboys draft CB Caelen Carson Wake Forest

RS12

Reaction score

Draft show: Physical, good run support. Does not create turnovers and gives large cushion beginning of routes. Looks like what Scott was supposed to be. Hope he sees the field.

Last edited:

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
This was a super bad RB class, so once we passed on them in round three, we passed on them all, basically. The pick to criticize is the LB instead of RB. Not this one.

Carson seems like a good player. Can't really complain about this one.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Good luck finding a back in the 5th round that can pick up 650 yards rushing with 3 TDs, along with 51 receptions for over 300 yards and 2 TDs which is what Zeke did last season in a limited role.
Point is, we screwed up well before now. In free agency, in the 3rd round, and the last 30 years.

Just this pick wasn't the point of my post.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the type of pick that I'd love more had we meaningfully addressed the RB position in round 3 rather than the Tiafau lottery ticket.
Yeah it is a good value pick.

Sadly at this point I doubt Cowboys bother drafting a RB. Probably pick up some from the UDFA pool.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
In Zeke we trust.....this team is a disaster
Idk I think finding a running back as the season goes on isn’t that hard. See who gets cut etc.

It is def more fun having someone dope to root for tho, like Jaylen Wright looked like a young demaroc Murray,

remember how aesthetically pleasing demarco Murray run style was

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
Who was KC’s RB last year? Hmmm, wait.
What about TB, NE, LA? Want me to keep going???
I'll bite

KC...Issace Pacheco, miles better than anything we have
TB...Rachaad White, miles better than anything we have
NE...don't know but they sucked?
LA...Kyren Williams, miles better than anything we have

My goodness the RB position has been so overrated it's underrated. We're still talking 15-20 touches per game.

chicago JK

Reaction score
This was a super bad RB class, so once we passed on them in round three, we passed on them all, basically. The pick to criticize is the LB instead of RB. Not this one.

Carson seems like a good player. Can't really complain about this one.
I agree with this. I didn't like this running back class at all for lead guys.

The issue if they didn’t absolutely like Houston the late second or third round, they needed to prioritize free agency and be proactive. Because they didn’t and didn’t like they guys at their picks they currently have the worst running back room in the nfl.

conner01

Reaction score

Draft show: Physical, good run support. Does not create turnovers and gives large cushion beginning of routes. Looks like what Scott was supposed to be. Hope he sees the field.

I’m hoping he’s not playing much lol we have Diggs, bland and Lewis. We need him to be depth right now

conner01

Reaction score
Then Zeke? Are you serious? Any one of them. Zeke is totally shot.
Zeke is shot. On the bright side is you start a rookie at LT Zeke is still a really good blocker and he can still be useful on the goal line. But more players are gonna be cut after the draft so there are options still

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I’m hoping he’s not playing much lol we have Diggs, bland and Lewis. We need him to be depth right now
JLew on a 1 year deal. Hopefully he replaces JLew after next year. And of course injuries happen so he may get bumped up to play at some point in the season.