Drafted by Cowboys Round 5 Pick 174 Dallas Cowboys draft CB Caelen Carson Wake Forest

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Point is, we screwed up well before now. In free agency, in the 3rd round, and the last 30 years.

Just this pick wasn't the point of my post.
There was only one, possibly two backs that would have been an upgrade over Pollard and that would have been Henry and Aaron Jones. We couldn’t afford them with the big contracts coming up. I thought we would draft a back in the first three rounds but this is a weak RB group. The first one didn’t go off the board until well into the second round. It would have been foolish to reach for a back and pass up a better player. We need to pick players that have a good chance of panning out regardless the position.

stinkface

Reaction score
I assume they will sign Zeke.

I just wish they would tell him to report at 215, he needs more quickness. Doesn't need all that bulk.
I think Zeke could drop to 210 and still be slow with no quickness. I think he adds value to the team, but no way he should be the lead back.

stinkface

Reaction score
ESPN talking heads can't believe we have not yet drafted a running back.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
RB could be upgraded but the defense was atrocious in the playoffs against GB. The run defense was an issue all year.

Upgrading the OL helps not only protecting the QB but helping out the RBs. So, with getting 2 OL that helps the run game and getting a edge and LB that can help stop the run is better then just a RB.

The days of bell cow back is long gone for the most part. It's by committee now and the off-season isn't done yet.

Let's see what the team looks like heading into training camp
How refreshing. This is why I used to enjoy reading this site every day. Not so much nowadays. So many so called 'draft experts' spewing their 'wasted pick', 'this guy sucks', and 'McClay has no idea what he's doing' comments which gets old real quick. Appreciate you!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Zeke is shot. On the bright side is you start a rookie at LT Zeke is still a really good blocker and he can still be useful on the goal line. But more players are gonna be cut after the draft so there are options still
They need a RB. I am shocked it hasn’t been addressed yet.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
How refreshing. This is why I used to enjoy reading this site every day. Not so much nowadays. So many so called 'draft experts' spewing their 'wasted pick', 'this guy sucks', and 'McClay has no idea what he's doing' comments which gets old real quick. Appreciate you!
I just think it's insane to claim a player is a bust or a reach or wasted pick when the haven't even got to the locker room yet.

I have guys I like better but I'm not a professional and if I knew better then this guys I would have a job in the front office some where

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
I like this kid. Aggressive tackler, sticky in coverage, plays mean. He could end up as a safety but I like him as a corner.