Drafted by Cowboys Round 5 Pick 174 Dallas Cowboys draft CB Caelen Carson Wake Forest

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Who was KC’s RB last year? Hmmm, wait.
What about TB, NE, LA? Want me to keep going???
Not sure who the RB was on those teams, but Zeke was the RB in NE and was worse than he was his final season in Dallas. But Zeke's final snap as a Cowboy was at C, so maybe they will play him there.

Gambit

Reaction score
Just a reminder that Aaron Jones signed a 1 year deal for 7 million
What round was Aaron Jones drafted?

How many RBs on Super Bowl teams since 2016 have been paid more than 1.4% of team salary cap?

How many RBs on average over last 10 years have carried the ball at least 20 times per game average?

The running game is changing in the NFL. Has been for awhile now.

After Zeke's huge contract you won't see Dallas commit that much of cap towards RB again. To be honest was very surprised they bothered to franchise Pollard last season.

It's time fans start changing their views on certain positions and how they are approached in this new NFL.

CWR

Reaction score
What RB would you have taken better than a top 100 cb?
Yeah they've been saying that all down the draft board. At some point it's just a dire need. The fact Jerry is calling Zeke a starting caliber player is terrifying. Get ready for a 3.3 yds per carry offense.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
This was a super bad RB class, so once we passed on them in round three, we passed on them all, basically. The pick to criticize is the LB instead of RB. Not this one.

Carson seems like a good player. Can't really complain about this one.
I agree with this, so why not plan ahead in free agency? Why pray for some magical release at the beginning of the season?

Cause your Jerry, and you think your smarter than everyone else. Hey Jerry, here's a secret, your not.

coult44

Reaction score
Not sure who the RB was on those teams, but Zeke was the RB in NE and was worse than he was his final season in Dallas. But Zeke's final snap as a Cowboy was at C, so maybe they will play him there.
I’m talking about during the superbowl years. Good/Great RBs aren’t needed anymore. You just need a guy who’s an average and can catch 4-5 balls a game.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Should have taken one instead of the lb in round 3. That’s the problem. Zeke is RB1 on this team. How does look for you?
Exactly. all those griping now about who the Cowboys should take at RB is too late.....the train has left the station. It was in the third round , instead of picking Zimmer's pet cat Lafallatituutalla.....they had their pick of a plethora of good RB there. And especially knowing they had no 4th round pick. Freaking amazing.

coult44

Reaction score
I'll bite

KC...Issace Pacheco, miles better than anything we have
TB...Rachaad White, miles better than anything we have
NE...don't know but they sucked?
LA...Kyren Williams, miles better than anything we have

My goodness the RB position has been so overrated it's underrated. We're still talking 15-20 touches per game.
Y’all need comprehension classes. *** would I talk about last years NE running backs. Super Bowl teams fellas. My God

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is what happens when Jerry traded away this year's 4th round pick for a BUST 3rd string QB.

Plus, Jerry refusing to trade down twice in the 1st round to be able to pick an extra 3rd and 4th round picks pretty much sealed their limits on what to achieve with this draft.

irishline

Reaction score
Again, no comprehension skills. I’m listing recent Super Bowl winning teams and their RB’s.
Then say that. You said KC followed by the words "last year", then rattled off 3 random teams without mentioning why. Maybe instead of blasting everyone's (and I literally mean everyone who replied) comprehension skills you should look inward and explain yourself better.

If everyone who replied were confused with what was said, it was the messenger and his message, not comprehension skills.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I assume they will sign Zeke.

I just wish they would tell him to report at 215, he needs more quickness. Doesn't need all that bulk.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’m going to this is 2024, it’s a passing league. You need an average RB. Calling you are still stuck in the Tripletts era.
Absolutely wrong. Having no legit RB last year killed our ability to run or convert short yardage/red zone/goal line stances. Plus, it allowed opposing good teams to double CeeDee and shut us down offensively in tough games, including the playoffs.

The same is most likely going to happen this year by refusing to address the RB and WR2 spots seriously once again.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I dont think they thought Gilmore was coming back However who knows since he has not been signed by anyone else yet
All that has to happen is for Zeke to pay Gilmore for the rights to no. 21.

Of course Zeke played with number 15 in NE so maybe Zeke's not that concerned with getting #21....