Roy Williams dropped 5 balls sunday.**Drops Debunked**

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the kid 05;2315184 said:
yup so my eyes mislead and the creator of the topic is a liar ;)
Like I was saying, the person I was talking to said they threw him the ball just like I said they would to showcase him, but that Kitna and Orlovsky were both just off badly.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Hostile;2315187 said:
Like I was saying, the person I was talking to said they threw him the ball just like I said they would to showcase him, but that Kitna and Orlovsky were both just off badly.

ah, not buyin into Mr. Jones' were not trading or the Lions front office's no trade spiel?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2315187 said:

Well-you've convinced me we SHOULD get this guy.

With that being said, the fact that Jerry flat-out said how he has NO interest in him makes me think he has something up his sleeve!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the kid 05;2315194 said:
ah, not buyin into Mr. Jones' were not trading or the Lions front office's no trade spiel?
Nope. That was a message to Detroit that the asking price is too high and he's serious.

The price will come down. Will it come down low enough? I don't know. If it doesn't, we won't get him. I know that and I can live with it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2315202 said:
Nope. That was a message to Detroit that the asking price is too high and he's serious.

The price will come down. Will it come down low enough? I don't know. If it doesn't, we won't get him. I know that and I can live with it.

Detroit is stupid-they SHOULD have dumped him in the offseason for a #1 pick, and nothing more. Our #28 would have been more than suffice.

BTW-I'm happy with the Jenkins pick nonetheless.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
"He said Orlovsky threw behind him at least twice and that Kitna was sailing balls."

Team player QUOTES THERE - google Roy Williams and dropped passes and this is nothing new for him. Those not watching him play trying to say it isn't so.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Boysboy;2315205 said:
Detroit is stupid-they SHOULD have dumped him in the offseason for a #1 pick, and nothing more. Our #28 would have been more than suffice.

BTW-I'm happy with the Jenkins pick nonetheless.
Jenkins has been lights out good IMO. I am totally impressed with that kid.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Nors;2315222 said:
"He said Orlovsky threw behind him at least twice and that Kitna was sailing balls."

Team player QUOTES THERE - google Roy Williams and dropped passes and this is nothing new for him. Those not watching him play trying to say it isn't so.

So are you saying dropping passes is pretty common for him?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Boysboy;2315229 said:
So are you saying dropping passes is pretty common for him?
Look at the two URLs that kid 05 posted. It debunks that right away. He talks out of his backside thinking people are impressed.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2315231 said:
Look at the two URLs that kid 05 posted. It debunks that right away. He talks out of his backside thinking people are impressed.

Thanks-didn't realize that Owens was pretty low on those lists, at least compared to what most Zoners have said.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2315225 said:
Jenkins has been lights out good IMO. I am totally impressed with that kid.

Don't get me wrong about Newman-he IS our second best D player on the team. However, with him being 30, and IF he continues to get injured in future years, I feel we have a perfect replacement for years down the road.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2315231 said:

Even Nors can't be delusional enough to actually believe that anyone is anything even remotely resembling impressed when it comes to him and his clear lack of football knowledge.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors;2315222 said:

I feel like shooting down all your pet cats.

Link

Trade Roy Williams now
October 6, 2008

Free Press columnist Drew Sharp answers three questions about the Lions.

Do the Lions need to dump Roy Williams ASAP?

Absolutely. He's of greater value to them as a 2009 draft pick that a new general manager and coach could find useful. They won't get a first-rounder for him. They blew that on draft day when Dallas reportedly offered a first-round draft pick for Williams, but Matt Millen balked. They might be lucky to get a third-round pick for him now because teams know the Lions must move him.

Williams isn't a malcontent. He's not as good as he thinks he is, but it's not his fault this organization sucked the competitive spirit out of him.
The Lions could've done that to Vince Lombardi.

When does Drew Stanton become the Lions' starting quarterback?

Circle Oct. 26, the next home game against Washington. It won't sell out unless fans believe there's a reasonable chance they'll see Stanton, who's coming off only his first week of regular-season practice in the NFL. He will gradually get more practice repetitions with the first unit, but it makes no sense rushing him, considering the next two games are at Minnesota and Houston. He'll need at least two weeks of steady practice. But the first step should be immediately demoting Jon Kitna to No. 3 quarterback. He's no longer of any value to this team, which obviously is rebuilding toward next season.

What happened to opening up the offense? Is that the best they can do?

They went with more no-huddle, didn't they? That's new. The problem is no talent.

They basically ignored Calvin Johnson, and when they did go to him, he dropped a couple of balls.

There's no life offensively, and it begins up front. The line didn't protect Kitna early, and the Lions couldn't generate a consistent running game. It doesn't matter if they go to four-wideout sets. Teams know they can comfortably drop seven defenders into coverage and get sufficient QB pressure from four down linemen.

It won't improve. It'll only worsen. Enjoy those final 12 games, folks.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I hate when people do this... But iin my Madden franchise I traded Bobby Carpenter a 3rd and 6th for Roy.

If only...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Consider the fact that he has never played in a meaningful game since college. Imagine his focus coming back to his home state, finally playing in a game that matters.

Regarding T.O. not getting balls because of the move; if anything it will cause coverage to loosen on Owens. Roy Williams, Witten, and Owens on the field at the same time. Thats what I imagine, the matchup problems. All 3 are good blockers with great length.

Our inability to make defenses respect us outside the hashes is what is going to cost us in the playoffs, not our pass defense. Look at what the Giants did to us last year. Our inability to spread them out cost us more than Reeves getting beat like a drum.

Imagine...

juck

Reaction score
Roy Williams is ok.He was great in college.He is overated on this board because he a Texas guy.Is he a better option then Crayton ?yes,but i wouldnt give a one to him now as i have been reading and paying attention.We arent getting any new WR this year,unless for some wild reason we grab Glenn back.I think we get Ocho or Boldin or draft one next year.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ok so lets say we get Roy and he drops 3 a game.

Between TO and Roy we should have 6 drops a game(sarcasm off) and 3 TD's for our trouble.

I will take it!!!!!

shnagy

Reaction score
I think the problems we've had in the redzone this season would be gone if we were to acquire Roy.....I really hope we can get him, but I dont expect to.