Roy Williams dropped 5 balls sunday.**Drops Debunked**

FCBarca

Reaction score
I don't watch much of the Lions but I wonder if any of those 5 drops include that late one where Kitna threw it behind and about 3 feet too high that he barely got a hand on?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
FCBarca;2315721 said:
I don't watch much of the Lions but I wonder if any of those 5 drops include that late one where Kitna threw it behind and about 3 feet too high that he barely got a hand on?

If its the same people that said TO had 18-20 drops year before last then I would say yes.

There were balls that were thrown in his direction that year that werent really catchable - drop 1, drop 2..... drop 18....

It was ridiculous.

Boysboy

Reaction score
FCBarca;2315721 said:

*shrugs* TO gets so much flack from 90% of Zoners when that happens to him a bunch of times in a game.

Tobal

Reaction score
Realisitically what are we going to get for that one next yr?

I figure are needs are

WR
OT
DE
MLB
S

A 1st round WR scares the hell out of me, Felix and Jenkins, great, but I think we got lucky last yr.

Who makes more impact on this team now and even next yr (Prop even longer)

Boysboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2315726 said:
If its the same people that said TO had 18-20 drops year before last then I would say yes.

There were balls that were thrown in his direction that year that werent really catchable - drop 1, drop 2..... drop 18....

It was ridiculous.

For the record, that drop he had in the 2nd Philly game that year(that would have gone for a TD *and* the lead) wouldn't have even counted anyways, why? B/c he STEPPED out of BOUNDS when running his route. The officials missed it, but it WOULD have been a challengelable play, and would subsequently have been overturned.

I agree-over 1/2 of his drops weren't exactly catchable to begin with. And for that matter, in the Skins game 2 weeks ago, Springs was batting it out of his hands. I really don't understand why he gets so much flack here for his so-called drops.

triplets92

Reaction score
dude people have bad games...i would still love to have roy williams on the team

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Boysboy;2315743 said:
For the record, that drop he had in the 2nd Philly game that year(that would have gone for a TD *and* the lead) wouldn't have even counted anyways, why? B/c he STEPPED out of BOUNDS when running his route. The officials missed it, but it WOULD have been a challengelable play, and would subsequently have been overturned.

I agree-over 1/2 of his drops weren't exactly catchable to begin with. And for that matter, in the Skins game 2 weeks ago, Springs was batting it out of his hands. I really don't understand why he gets so much flack here for his so-called drops.

Thanks. That I didnt know. Although the opposing team would have to know to challege but I get your point.

He gets flack for a few reason. Who he is? Media wanting to kill-kill-kill any and everyone.

Aven8

Reaction score
Who cares about drops???? At least they are getting thrown at!!! Crayton and Miles can't even get open to drop anything.

Hos.....where are you at percentage wise today????????

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I am getting more and more on the hopefully bandwagon of getting Williams but I still feel like there really isn't much of a shot that we'll actually land him this year.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
I would welcome him and his 5 drops here any day of the week.. hopefully something gets done even though there is a dark smokescreen around it:D

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
shnagy;2315706 said:
I think the problems we've had in the redzone this season would be gone if we were to acquire Roy.....I really hope we can get him, but I dont expect to.

I think the problems we've had in the redzone is because all of Red's redzone plays involve passes to either Witten or T.O. and people have figured that out.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2315526 said:
5 drops? wow....did not know that.

YoMick;2315697 said:
Ok so lets say we get Roy and he drops 3 a game.

Between TO and Roy we should have 6 drops a game(sarcasm off) and 3 TD's for our trouble.

I will take it!!!!!

FCBarca;2315721 said:

Romo2Owens4six;2315937 said:
I would welcome him and his 5 drops here any day of the week.. hopefully something gets done even though there is a dark smokescreen around it:D
He did NOT drop 5 passes on Sunday. That mess was debunked.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Aven8;2315826 said:
Who cares about drops???? At least they are getting thrown at!!! Crayton and Miles can't even get open to drop anything.

Hos.....where are you at percentage wise today????????
Before the game I said I was 70/30 and if the Lions lost I would be 80/20. That's where I am.

I am told the Lions want a 1st and Jerry is not going to give a 1st. A writer from Detroit believes we are offering a 3rd and maybe a later pick. He also said he believes that is all the Lions are going to get because they have no leverage. He doesn't believe they can afford to franchise him and risk a trade.

We offered pick #28 and the Lions balked. There are some in the organization who believe that was a mistake. I am happy for the mistake.

The Lions asking price needs to come back to reality and it should. They know he is gone. They need to rebuild. They need to get something.

80/20.

It will go up to 90/10 if the Lions lose to Minny.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well from another post on these forums if they're now asking for a RB in the deal and they're targeting Barber I'd think you're expectations better go more toward the 5/95 range now.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I didn't see the game, but a financial podcast I listen to out of Chicago talked about him dropping several balls and pouting and gesturing about it afterwards.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2316101 said:
Well from another post on these forums if they're now asking for a RB in the deal and they're targeting Barber I'd think you're expectations better go more toward the 5/95 range now.
They're not going to get what they are asking. They are fishing. Jerry might compromise with a 2nd round pick. I bet he holds firm at a 3rd and maybe a 5th or 6th.

If the deal doesn't happen those two taking over for Millen are as good as dead in the water for NFL jobs. No one will hire them if they aren't going to be realistic.

Think about it like the Titans trade for Pacman. They have no leverage.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2316107 said:
I didn't see the game, but a financial podcast I listen to out of Chicago talked about him dropping several balls and pouting and gesturing about it afterwards.

i watched most of the game(Ticket) and Williams was playin ball. He even pulled an Irvin and gestured his first down he fought for. I don't know where some folks get their info, CL.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2316116 said:
They're not going to get what they are asking. They are fishing. Jerry might compromise with a 2nd round pick. I bet he holds firm at a 3rd and maybe a 5th or 6th.

If the deal doesn't happen those two taking over for Millen are as good as dead in the water for NFL jobs. No one will hire them if they aren't going to be realistic.

Think about it like the Titans trade for Pacman. They have no leverage.

I sure hope so. That would be a very nice pick up.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Eh, I'll believe it when I see it. Right now we know as much as anybody else about what's going on, which is to say not much. Sure Roy would like to get the hell outta there, and sure we need a WR, but so do a lot of other teams. I think the Eagles have more to offer the Lions than we do at this point, and they'd love a #1 guy to go with DeSean Jackson. That's worst case for us.

A month ago people were ready to give up two 1st round picks for Roy, now it's a 3rd.

I bet you there are about 10 other NFL team forums right now where people are speculating about what their team would give up to get Roy. And contrary to what Roy may want, the fact that he wants to be in Texas has nothing to do with how things shake out, he's not a FA. If he's dealt, it'll be to who offers the Lions the most, not which team would put Roy closer to his family and friends.

Not to mention that having 20 mil a year tied up at #1 and #2 WR for us might be a little bit of an issue.