Roy Williams dropped 5 balls sunday.**Drops Debunked**

Boysboy

Reaction score
neosapien23;2314568 said:
I agree with you. I think Williams would be a great addition to this team, but I think Colombo is actually much more important to this team than Roy Williams would be if he was picked up. No way could Dallas pay Roy, Colombo, and Ware.

I'm wondering if McQ will ever be ready to play next year. I don't think he's GREAT, but he's had like 3 years to learn the system, so who knows?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2314572 said:
It isn't an issue. If it was I'd wouldn't have asked in the thread.

Out of curiosity, how many of the drops yesterday were catch-able? I was told only 1 was. Orlovsky threw behind him several times.

The problem seems to be the asking price.

I have no earthly idea what you are talking about with him crying. He has said the right things and done the right things. In every instance he has been a professional. Trust me, I can cite article after article as proof.

He very well may not end up here if they ask a ridiculous price.

I already addressed the draft picks thing. You avoided the answer. I can re-hash it if you wish, but why not just answer it from the last time you brought it up?

To be honest-I still don't understand the draft picks. I mean when you look at Philly's organization, they don't even let other teams sniff their's, much less their first day ones. To their credit, they've consistently built very good teams b/c of that.

Anyhow-could you rehash it ONE more time? Thanks!

neosapien23

Reaction score
Hostile;2314574 said:
Asked and addressed many times.

Yes.

Do you think that Roy Williams could be signed, Ware signed, and Colombo resigned? And if not, do you think Roy Williams being signed would offset the loss of Colombo? I really like Roy, but I shudder at the thought of McQuistan or Free starting on the right side.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
neosapien23;2314590 said:
Do you think that Roy Williams could be signed, Ware signed, and Colombo resigned? And if not, do you think Roy Williams being signed would offset the loss of Colombo? I really like Roy, but I shudder at the thought of McQuistan or Free starting on the right side.
Yes, because we have money left this year. We could sign him to a long term deal, re-sign Columbo and then take care of Ware next year.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Hostile;2314597 said:
Yes, because we have money left this year. We could sign him to a long term deal, re-sign Columbo and then take care of Ware next year.

If thats the case, I would not mind trading for Roy right now. He is very young and would probably play at a high level for 6 years easy, plus the Lions will not let him go for free. Next year they will franchise him if they have to. Might as well trade for him now and get him ready for the playoffs. TO will not be around much longer and even if Austin emerges, Dallas will still need a number 1 reciever in a few years.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
juckie;2314468 said:
They can keep him.I dont want that.We need Chad Johnson,or someone else.Next year of course.I would love it if Glenn could have played this year,his presence would help.

if you watched the game he dropped more then 5...i watched ~3 quarters worth of the bears/lions game and i counted 8

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
tomson75;2314546 said:
Chad Johnson is NOT the answer. Ever. I'll take my chances on whatever comes around next offseason, and whatever we take in the draft.

I'd prefer Ocho cuatro over Ocho Cinco if Jerry is going to try and get a Bungal.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy;2314780 said:
I'd prefer Ocho cuatro over Ocho Cinco if Jerry is going to try and get a Bungal.

So would everyone else thats watched the Bengals play more than once in the last two years. In a heartbeat.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the kid 05;2314706 said:
if you watched the game he dropped more then 5...i watched ~3 quarters worth of the bears/lions game and i counted 8
Show me a stat on this. I don't believe that at all.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Glad to see Dan Orlovski get his shot to start in NFL. He is a rookie and first 1/2 game not a good indicator ala Romo game in 2006. Lets see him with a full week prep and now that he's the man. I can't believe they are going back to Kitna and Orlovski has clearly beaten out Stanton.

Kitna, Vet at the end
Orlovski - groomed talent
Stanton - overrated bust

Very much reminds me of the 2004/2005 Situation here with VT/Bledsoe and Romo Henson.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors;2314892 said:
Glad to see Dan Orlovski get his shot to start in NFL. He is a rookie and first 1/2 game not a good indicator ala Romo game in 2006. Lets see him with a full week prep and now that he's the man. I can't believe they are going back to Kitna and Orlovski has clearly beaten out Stanton.

Kitna, Vet at the end
Orlovski - groomed talent
Stanton - overrated bust

Very much reminds me of the 2004/2005 Situation here with VT/Bledsoe and Romo Henson.
He isn't slated to start for them that I have seen.

MCowboys

Reaction score
Isn't it obvious, Roy Williams dropped those passes so that the Cowboys could get him for cheaper.

the kid 05

Reaction score
Hostile;2314810 said:
Show me a stat on this. I don't believe that at all.

it was with my eyes, i count a drop as ball hits hand(s) and isn't caught. might be done differently by the league and stat keepers. and i can deal with the drops, Terrell, Roy, Crayton, Miles of Smiles, and Hurd would make a hell of a receiving core

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the kid 05;2315090 said:
it was with my eyes, i count a drop as ball hits hand(s) and isn't caught. might be done differently by the league and stat keepers. and i can deal with the drops, Terrell, Roy, Crayton, Miles of Smiles, and Hurd would make a hell of a receiving core
No stat huh?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the kid 05;2315137 said:
none but my own sir
Not good enough for me, sorry. I had someone else tell me he didn't drop that many, and that some were not catch-able. He said Orlovsky threw behind him at least twice and that Kitna was sailing balls. He even described one as Roy kicked at a ball that bounced at his feet.

the kid 05

Reaction score
Hostile;2315148 said:
Not good enough for me, sorry. I had someone else tell me he didn't drop that many, and that some were not catch-able. He said Orlovsky threw behind him at least twice and that Kitna was sailing balls. He even described one as Roy kicked at a ball that bounced at his feet.

i dont count the bouncers but i did some research and Roy isn't even credited with 4 drop passes from two separate cites (both go down to 2 dropped passes) so heck were both wrong(?) :

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFC&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=2008

and

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

the kid 05

Reaction score
Hostile;2315179 said:
Note that those are season totals and he isn't at 5.

yup so my eyes mislead and the creator of the topic is a liar ;)