Roy Williams keep your head up

Brooksey

Reaction score
The defense made a great play to strip Roy of the ball. He played great today. I really like what he has been doing with his routes and he has great hands, the guy is an asset to our team. What happened was unfortunate but he switched the ball from his right to left when he saw the defender and another came in from his blind side and was able to a lot of hand on the ball for the strip. The loss is not on Roy Williams.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
brooksey1;3718110 said:
The defense made a great play to strip Roy of the ball. He played great today. I really like what he has been doing with his routes and he has great hands, the guy is an asset to our team. What happened was unfortunate but he switched the ball from his right to left when he saw the defender and another came in from his blind side and was able to a lot of hand on the ball for the strip. The loss is not on Roy Williams.

Bravo for switching it from one hand to another... God forbid him for even considering just hugging it with two hands and going down ala Witten.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
He lost the game period!

Doesn't matter what he has done or did earlier in the game, he lost it. The win was in his hands and all he had to do was get to the ground with the football and he couldn't do it!

Then to top it off he has to go to the sidelines and grin about it like a doofus!!

Brooksey

Reaction score
tough to fall down in that situation, easier said then done.

wileedog

Reaction score
He got stripped because he got surprised. He has to be looking where defenders are in that situation, not just focusing on the goal line.

It was a good play by the defender, but I think Roy got too caught up in scoring - which wasn't his job there - then in making sure he went down with the ball in his possession and knowing where all of the defenders were.

Brooksey

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;3718124 said:
He lost the game period!

Doesn't matter what he has done or did earlier in the game, he lost it. The win was in his hands and all he had to do was get to the ground with the football and he couldn't do it!

Then to top it off he has to go to the sidelines and grin about it like a doofus!!

He was trying to score and went down when he should have, you are wrong. The defense made an outstanding strip. He was grinning in disbelief.

newlander

Reaction score
Captain America is right....he's paid 5 mil plus per year to make a simple play like that. He didn't even SEE the corner coming from his left and got stripped like a little girl. AND THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME.....the guy is a choker: I don't use that term lightly either, but he reminds me alot of Thurman Thomas. Yeah....I'm dead serious. Lots of talent and no brains or guts.

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
brooksey1;3718128 said:
tough to fall down in that situation, easier said then done.
Real tough when you have a shot at the end zone. Can't hang this loss on RW11. We gave up an easy 17 to start the game and played in the hole most of the day.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
CATCH17;3718135 said:
IS this a Wade Phillips post?

It was a good play by the DB, hands down. Leverage at the right time and a bad play. Just a microcosm of the season really.

Snakebit at the worst time.

That said, I'm rooting 8 and 8 now. All of you should be!

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
brooksey1;3718137 said:
He was trying to score and went down when he should have, you are wrong. The defense made an outstanding strip. He was grinning in disbelief.

Whatever, he lost the game. It's his job to hold the ball and not allow himself to be stripped of the football. Make excuses all you want but he's a loser.

Enjoy your moral victory.

burmafrd

Reaction score
now people read minds. Of course the roy haters want to blame him. yes he did lose the ball. AND MCbriar screwed up the hold. AND TNew blew a coverage. And so on. There were more than enough mistakes made by the boys to lose two games let alone this one.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
He should have the Football I.Q high enough to look for defenders coming from behind. He put Newman in Position to get smoked in the first place

Randy White

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3718118 said:
Bravo for switching it from one hand to another... God forbid him for even considering just hugging it with two hands and going down ala Witten.

You mean the same Witten who's fumbled games away before ?

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
67CowboysFan;3718144 said:
Real tough when you have a shot at the end zone. Can't hang this loss on RW11. We gave up an easy 17 to start the game and played in the hole most of the day.

He, and he alone cost us the game. He hits the ground with the ball...game over. It is for him, well, it should be over for him.

loublue22

Reaction score
He tried to force is way between two defenders while in the open field. I thought it was odd when he was doing it, and was screaming in my head "don't fumble". He looked like he was initiating contact, like he was a running back or something. He SHOULD have gone down on first contact. Stop making excuses, this is all on him.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
well, I was mad as hell at him but he made some real nice grabs in the ballgame and was blocking terrific all day. It sucks he didn't either see Jenkins or didn't realize at that point if he just goes down we have about a 99% chance of winning that game. I feel for the guy because his time here has been a downer and even when he does something to help it goes awry.