Roy Williams keep your head up

Brian_C82

Reaction score
There is a good chance we would be 5-6 right now if it weren't for this guy. Chew on that for a while.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
brooksey1;3718128 said:
tough to fall down in that situation, easier said then done.

Exactly, I am 6'5" and played WR, if I was running full speed like he was, I can't imagine just falling down, maybe a slide, maybe.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;3718152 said:
He should have the Football I.Q high enough to look for defenders coming from behind. He put Newman in Position to get smoked in the first place

I didn't know RW called defenses as well.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Our defense has failed us. Its not Roys fault. Our defense should have stepped up and stopped NO from driving the length of the field. They scored a TD in two tries for crying out loud. That should be the focus of this thread -- not Roy.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
bkight13;3720015 said:
If he goes down at the 12 to protect the ball, we probably get a FG at best and NO still gets the ball with 2 minutes left. As they showed, plenty of time to score. IF Roy scores a TD, we're up by 11 and in a much better position to win.

Really???

Let me explain it to you.

It was 3rd & 6 at our own 42... If he goes down at the 12 we get a new set of downs with 3:02 left on the clock up by 4 points. I'm not sure where you find your rationale, but in my book that places the team in a very good position to win the game. We run it down their throats and make them burn timeouts. Worst case scenario, we kick a field goal with little to no time on the clock and take the game to overtime... Best case scenario, we gain 12 yards and put it away in the last few minutes thanks to the clutch play of Roy Williams who made a catch longer than 6 yards and realized the importance of clutching the ball with two hands while getting as many yards as possible. :rolleyes:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
DC Cowboy;3720031 said:
Exactly, I am 6'5" and played WR, if I was running full speed like he was, I can't imagine just falling down, maybe a slide, maybe.

WRs, regardless of height rarely just fall down in that situation. That's foolish. However, they do clutch the ball with two hands like it's hidden in Fort Knox and plod ahead as much as possible knowing that any strip spells doom.

Nightshade

Reaction score
tyke1doe;3719624 said:
Uh, no, you don't.

I've never seen a receiver turn his head right and left while being pursued by a defender. Besides, if you've run track as a sprinter, you are instructed never to turn around because it slows you down.

Roy did what you're supposed to do - switch the ball away from the defender. He just didn't know Malcolm Jenkins was bearing down on him.

Furthermore, Roy Williams is looking to score. People who say he should have fallen down don't understand football. There wasn't 3 seconds left in the game. There were 3 minutes. Roy is doing what any other receiver would do, try to get as many yards as you can and try to score.

He was simply stripped of the ball. It happens.

Receivers make mistakes. Randy Moss has. T.O. has. Andre Johnson has. Miles Austin has. Calvin Johnson has.

It seems that fans can't live with the mistakes. But these players live with mistakes and the criticism of fans who have no clue what it's like to play in a big-time pressure cooker like they do. These players will remember this the rest of their lives and probably dream about it over and over and over again.

:hammer:

Nothing more to be said here... Buh bye

DatNguyen59

Reaction score
I blame this loss on the defense more so than anyone on the offense(Gurode is close though). They gave up two touchdown scoring drives in both under 2 minutes. That situation at the end, the defense should have stepped up and won us the game, but they folded and gave it to the Saints. I am happy with the production we are getting from the offense these past couple weeks, but the defense has been what it always was, soft.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3720076 said:
Really???

Let me explain it to you.

It was 3rd & 6 at our own 42... If he goes down at the 12 we get a new set of downs with 3:02 left on the clock up by 4 points. I'm not sure where you find your rationale, but in my book that places the team in a very good position to win the game. We run it down their throats and make them burn timeouts. Worst case scenario, we kick a field goal with little to no time on the clock and take the game to overtime... Best case scenario, we gain 12 yards and put it away in the last few minutes thanks to the clutch play of Roy Williams who made a catch longer than 6 yards and realized the importance of clutching the ball with two hands while getting as many yards as possible. :rolleyes:
It really is amazing how many posters here don't watch the games or have no clue how the game works isn't it?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3720217 said:
It really is amazing how many posters here don't watch the games or have no clue how the game works isn't it?

Yes it is. Its equally as amazing how many posters on here can say that Roy Williams is solely responsible for us losing this game with a straight face. lol

DatNguyen59

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3720217 said:
Agreed. He was going for the touchdown. No player in the NFL would have just went down in that situation. They would've tried to knock that touchdown in.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Let me reset for the mensas...

I, for one, never said Roy was solely to blame for yesterday's loss... However, I am holding him accountable for a monumental fail that ultimately shifted the axis of advantage over the the Saints. When the game is in your hands, you take it and cherish it. You don't underestimate the importance of it... Huge fail on the guy that cracks in the crunch and good riddance to him at the end of this season! I enjoy great humor in reading posts that say we should keep him. He would make a great 3rd WR... :lmao2: :lmao:

That guy need to get as far away from a Cowboys uni as possible. The sheer continuity of his faux pas which range from 4th quarter fumbles in the Saints, Bears, and Packers games are more than enough to help me realize that he is a smiling fault riddle cancer in the worst form. At least people like TO made it obvious. This guy will smile and say all the right things; all the while slowly killing any chance of success with his timely screw ups. Goodbye and good riddance........

newlander

Reaction score
Bleu Star is right....RW is a cancer. NOT with his attitude but with his ineptitude. Dude would screw up a wet dream...I mean he really would.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
There sure are a lot of people going on the defense for this guy, who (outside of one season) has never done anything in his NFL career except be chosen in the first round. He's been absolutely awful since he came here and has dropped pass after pass and made mistake after mistake. Is it because a lot of you are Longhorn-bots or something? I mean, its not like Roy is still learning or anything, he's been in the league for 7 years now.