Roy Williams keep your head up

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Roy Williams is simply turrible.....

Did anyone over at hookem uni ever show him how to hug the ball with two hands when faced with the obvious situation of holding the dagger while desperation is behind him?

Randy White

Reaction score
newlander;3718192 said:
....the truth hurts. This guy is a CHOKER. I've been a fan of this marvelous team for 34 years. I've seen Drew Pearson, Golden Richards, Tony Hill,Michael Irvin and others NEVER have the stupidity and low football IQ of Roy Williams. We wouldn't be having this conversation if he was a 1 mil per year 3rd or 4th WR. BUT THAT' NOT WHAT HE'S PAID TO BE. He's paid well over 5 mil per year to make that play today and he failed. Stop making excuses for him.

Speaking of Michael Irvin, how high was his IQ when his fumbled in the first quarter of the '94 championship game against the 49ers led to a TD and the team ended up losing 38-28 ? How about Troy Aikman's on that same game ?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
burmafrd;3718201 said:
some of these so called fans need to find another team to "root" for.

I'm willing to bet I've been around a lot longer than you pulling for this team.

This one hurts bad! I pulled as hard for the Boys in this game than any game I can recall. I was so proud of the way they put the pressure on Payton and his team the whole game.

Then to have Roy Williams step to the forefront once again....:banghead: :banghead:

scottsp

Reaction score
I don't wish to rail too hard on the guy for that play, but a turnover like that, in that situation, is pretty tough to defend. Roy had it right when he started the hug maneuver. Unfortunately, he relaxed a bit and didn't see Malcolm Jenkins trailing from the left.

Great play by Jenkins, but that cannot happen there. One could only imagine the fallout had this same gaffe occurred in a playoff contest.

All that said, six balls were put on the ground by offensive players today, and this was the only fumble lost. That is living dangerously.

Randy White

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;3718198 said:
Others certainly contributed but that play doesn't even occur with 3 minutes to go if the loser holds the football.

Is that so ? What makes you think that New Orleans would have stopped throwing the football even if Roy Williams scores on that play ?

Brooksey

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;3718165 said:
Whatever, he lost the game. It's his job to hold the ball and not allow himself to be stripped of the football. He has been around long enough to know defenders are coming up at all angles with the intent of stripping the football.

Make excuses all you want but he's a loser. Has been his entire career.

Enjoy your moral victory.

He was stripped on his way down by a great defensive play. He did not drop fumble the ball. Loser seems a bit extreme. I hope you are enjoying your moral victory on the guy and it makes you feel better.

forever22

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;3718206 said:
Defense sucked on that drive but if it wasn't for them, there would be no comeback. They got an INT and they got a sack and stop on 3rd down. They did their job. Roy had a chance to seal the game and he lost it. We're blaming the defense for having to bail out the offense in the 2nd half? There's a thing called momentum. When the D has momentum, they look good. When Roy fumbles away all momentum, it's not easy to stop one of the best offenses in the NFL.

I'll blame Roy more than the defense. They got back to back stops to help Dallas take the lead. If Roy holds onto the ball, it's most likely a win.

How can it be more on RW? He didn't give up 30 points. Both sides are to blame. No team loses by one play.

loublue22

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;3718206 said:
Defense sucked on that drive but if it wasn't for them, there would be no comeback. They got an INT and they got a sack and stop on 3rd down. They did their job. Roy had a chance to seal the game and he lost it. We're blaming the defense for having to bail out the offense in the 2nd half? There's a thing called momentum. When the D has momentum, they look good. When Roy fumbles away all momentum, it's not easy to stop one of the best offenses in the NFL.

I'll blame Roy more than the defense. They got back to back stops to help Dallas take the lead. If Roy holds onto the ball, it's most likely a win.

Exactly. Everybody that wants to rip on the D is conveniently forgetting that they had a HUGE series to get the ball back in the first place, to give the offense a chance to ice the game. Which they would have done, if not for one man.

Doomsay

Reaction score
brooksey1;3718240 said:
He was stripped on his way down by a great defensive play. He did not drop fumble the ball. Loser seems a bit extreme. I hope you are enjoying your moral victory on the guy and it makes you feel better.

BS, he held the ball like Goldilocks.

loublue22

Reaction score
Randy White;3718234 said:
Is that so ? What makes you think that New Orleans would have stopped throwing the football even if Roy Williams scores on that play ?
I think they can throw all they want down 11 and it wouldn't have made a difference.

newlander

Reaction score
burmafrd;3718151 said:
now people read minds. Of course the roy haters want to blame him. yes he did lose the ball. AND MCbriar screwed up the hold. AND TNew blew a coverage. And so on. There were more than enough mistakes made by the boys to lose two games let alone this one.

...I don't HATE Roy and never have, but when the obvious pattern of fumbling, lining up on the wrong side of the formation like he did AGAIN in the 4th qtr. today costing us a TO in the process, and dropping balls keeps rearing it's head....well, people can only take so much. You sound like a 12 yr. old: "Roy Haters" C'MON MAN.....................HE JUST SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!!!!!!:bang2: :(

wileedog

Reaction score
brooksey1;3718240 said:
He was stripped on his way down by a great defensive play.

Wasn't that great. Roy never even saw him until he was pulling the ball out.

The fact that he ran faster than Roy and Roy didn't bother to see who was around him doesn't make it a great play.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
If Roy holds onto the ball, it's most likely a win

should had both hands on the ball

not using his brain

but he went UT oh now I the reason

wheres Cowboy McCoy to defend his boy

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j190/sjurg71/roy-williams-lions-1.jpg

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j190/sjurg71/williams_roy_07.jpg

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
brooksey1;3718110 said:
Roy Williams keep your head up

I can think of so many creatively funny ways to extend that title but I won't go there. I like the mods.

Randy White

Reaction score
brooksey1;3718240 said:

It's amazing the hyperbolic blames that are thrown around here when a player is hated.

It's ok to hate a player, I have few on my list, but to blame anybody for being stripped of a ball after a great play is beyond stupid.

Cut Leon Lett after the Thanksgiven fiasco agaisnt the Dullphins, I tell ya..

sk0aL

Reaction score
Great play my arse. That's like saying Don Bebe made a great play slapping the ball out of Leon Lett's hand in SB XXVII as he was strutting towards the endzone.

As the emotions are wearing off, I'm not surprised. RW has had fumbilitis his entire career, especially since he's come here. The Reggie Waynes, Wes Welkers, Larry Fitzgeralds, and Miles Austins would never give up the ball in a critical situation like that. We gave a 1st and 3rd round pick for Roy, and he shouldn't either.

Sod it. It's beer thirty.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Doomsay;3718255 said:
BS, he held the ball like Goldilocks.

I agree coffee is for closers and he shouldn't get any coffee but it was a much better defensive play then a bad offensive one. We are better with RW then Sam Hurd now, next year or at anytime.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Randy White;3718234 said:

The aire went out of the stadium with that one play. If you didn't sense that or realize we let the game slip away at that exact moment you weren't paying attention.

You could literally feel the energy leave the team and the stadium the moment he fumbled that ball.