Roy Williams Rule, Expanded.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
I can't speak for Trotter or Dawkins, but...

I have seen every game Sean Taylor has played in college and the NFL. He doesn't tackle people by the neck of their jersey.

Oh, sure. We believe you.

453289taylorcollar.jpg

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Honestly, SkinsFan, we really believe you. Sean Taylor never tackles by the jersey collar.

8429841.jpg

9474162.jpg

4490743.jpg

5510724.jpg

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Somehow "Owned" just doesn't tell the whole story here...

Good job, Adam. :bow:

What's that noise I hear?

What could it be?

Sound like...

housecricket1a.jpg

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
zrinkill said:
One of these days Trolls will learn not to say stupid things .......

No they won't. You can't take the stripes of a tiger, and you can't take the stupidity out of a troll.

jrumann59

Reaction score
theogt said:
I was just going off my own memory, but here's some confirmation.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2005-05-23-horse-collar-tackle-focus_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

"Williams snatched both receivers with a grip from inside the back of their shoulder pads and immediately yanked them to the turf. The technique, or lack thereof, has stirred debate amid concern within the league about rising injury rates."

There's a picture of the Musa Smith takedown but you can't really tell if it is a jersey horse collar or a pads horse collar. From the look of his fingers it appears to be a pads horse collar.

The injury is from the tackle but from roy falling on his lower leg when it was parallel to the ground

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Just what I needed, another ST vs. RW thread.

RW is not God's gift to football. Neither is ST.

jrumann59

Reaction score
SantanaOwnsU said:
That video on youtube is a perfect example of Roy going for the horsecollar, and getting it handed to him. It's just bad technequie. If he went for the waist or midsection, put his head across, and rolled his hips through contact, it could have been a TD saving tackle, the kind every safety in the league is capable of making. But since he's a wannabe tough guy/cheap shot artist, he went for the horsecollar....AND GOT OWNED.

P.S. he can't cover his own shadow either. See my handle and watch MNF Skins v. Dallas part 1 of the SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Where did roys laeft hand grab for? The front the horse collar is from the back using the inside of the colloar of the pad as a point of leverage. Roy was going for a high tackle and missed but in the vid RW grabbed the front and back of the player.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Rack said:
No, he tackles them by their facemask...

http://img91.*************/img91/3407/ab0366gi.jpg

I've watched every game Roy Williams has played in the NFL. I've never seen him blatantly grab someone's facemask like that.

Never seen him spit in an opponent's face either.

Hahaha, owned. But is anyone else thinking what I am?

Stunner! Stunner! Bah Gawd almighty a Stone Cold Stunner! Son of a *****!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
The fact that this tackle would automatically earn a 15 yard penalty is absurd. There should be a 5 yd and 15 yd version, like facemasks.

jrumann59

Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
heres one that i love.... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7161625295934744894&q=Commanders

I saw at least 3 horse collar tackles if it was RW making the tackle in the Commander eyes.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rack said:
No, he tackles them by their facemask...

http://img91.*************/img91/3407/ab0366gi.jpg

I've watched every game Roy Williams has played in the NFL. I've never seen him blatantly grab someone's facemask like that.

Never seen him spit in an opponent's face either.

:bow: Awesome