Roy Williams Rule, Expanded.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Ah, I see. Nice non-answer. But the fact is, your opinion is baseless. All signs point to Roy being just as fast as Taylor. It's just your opinion, that Roy plays slower than he was actually timed. It has become obvious, by your posting, how much we should value YOUR opinion, Norman.

You came in the thread, looking for **** with your comment about Williams. You got it. You make a stupid, asinine comment, you get mocked in a similar style. Bone up on your knowledge a little bit before trying again.

Funny, you only feel the need to reply to one sentence of a three paragraph post which explained my whole position. If you were less worried about getting the last word, maybe you could understand that.

You say my opinion is baseless, and no one values my opinion yet another cowboys fan said they believe Roy needs drop some weight to get his quickness back, IN THIS VERY THREAD.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
theogt said:
Look at the giant picture posted awhile back. From that pic it is absolutely conclusive that it was a pad grab.

This one?

http://img87.*************/img87/3142/45phi10248mv.jpg

It's not conclusive of anything. You can't see what Roy's left hand has ahold of (just jersey or jersey and shoulder pads), and you can't tell whether Roy's right hand has grabbed anything or not (he grabbed first with his left hand, then reached with his right hand). And Roy hasn't started pulling Owens down yet. When he did, both hands pulled down together, side-by-side, in the middle of Owens' back, right where the shoulder pads dip down. You can see that from the picture below, and you can tell that Owens' jersey stretched way down, but you can't tell whether Roy's hands are inside the back collar of the shoulder pads or not.

585904DSC00014.JPG

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dude, c'mon. You can't get anymore conclusive than that. Well, I guess we could have a picture from a camera on the back of TOs helmet showing Roy's fingers inside the pads.

superpunk

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Funny, you only feel the need to reply to one sentence of a three paragraph post which explained my whole position. If you were less worried about getting the last word, maybe you could understand that.

You say my opinion is baseless, and no one values my opinion yet another cowboys fan said they believe Roy needs drop some weight to get his quickness back, IN THIS VERY THREAD.

We have Cowboys fans that say Quincy should still be our QB, that Romo/Henson are going to be cut, and Jj is going to get cut. Just because they think it would do Roy some goob to drop a few pounds, doesn't make it true.

Your "whole position" had absolutely nothing to do with you rolling in and trying to start crap. The rest of your post was just an elaborate dance in an effort to not actually say anything one way or another. Roy is not slow. He is as fast as Sean Taylor. You have no proof otherwise. Roy does not tackle the way he does because he is too slow to do otherwise. You got a stupid response, because you made a stupid post. Learn from it, and change.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
theogt said:
Dude, c'mon. You can't get anymore conclusive than that.

You tell me what is so conclusive about it. Can you see Roy's fingers or hand pulling on Owens' shoulder pads anywhere, in any picture? I sure can't.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
You tell me what is so conclusive about it. Can you see Roy's fingers or hand pulling on Owens' shoulder pads anywhere, in any picture? I sure can't.
Well lets just agree to disagree then. I would only add from the videos and pics it seems to me, at least, that most refs would call both (TO and Musa) as shoulder pad horse collars. With the new rule it won't matter though. Again I ask, do you have the exact language of the new rule? I can't seem to find it (though I haven't looked *that* hard).

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
I agree, little by little players are not going to control the outcome of games it will be the guys in the stripped shirts. My ideal of football is not watching refs throw flags all day long

Yes, you are correct....it started already...did you watch how the dictated the Steelers winnig the SB:bang2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
well... here is how good roy is without using horse collar.... sorry even though it is one play... he should of had the tackle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBeB2S751U
Yes and no. That was a perfect stiff arm. The guy's arm length prevented him from wrapping him up. That said, he should have gone for the waist area.

You were on to something though. Being only one play it doesn't really indicate much.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
Justis said:
this is pathetic. this is going to be the most annoying penalty of 2006. It will be like defensive holding was in 2004.

It will only be annoying for the players that tackle players by the neck of their jersey. Don't generalize. Not all strong safeties tackle people this way. I think a lot of people are happy with this rule change.

SantanaOwnsU

Benched
Reaction score
That video on youtube is a perfect example of Roy going for the horsecollar, and getting it handed to him. It's just bad technequie. If he went for the waist or midsection, put his head across, and rolled his hips through contact, it could have been a TD saving tackle, the kind every safety in the league is capable of making. But since he's a wannabe tough guy/cheap shot artist, he went for the horsecollar....AND GOT OWNED.

P.S. he can't cover his own shadow either. See my handle and watch MNF Skins v. Dallas part 1 of the SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
It will only be annoying for the players that tackle players by the neck of their jersey. Don't generalize. Not all strong safeties tackle people this way. I think a lot of people are happy with this rule change.
The jersey horse collar happened a lot last season. Of course I can't point to a stat to prove this but I remember seeing it quite a bit. Not just by Roy either, of couse. It seems like it occurred in every game I watched and in every instance the announcers had to explain that it wasn't a horse collar because the player grabbed the jersey.

Hoods

Reaction score
SantanaOwnsU said:
That video on youtube is a perfect example of Roy going for the horsecollar, and getting it handed to him. It's just bad technequie. If he went for the waist or midsection, put his head across, and rolled his hips through contact, it could have been a TD saving tackle, the kind every safety in the league is capable of making. But since he's a wannabe tough guy/cheap shot artist, he went for the horsecollar....AND GOT OWNED.

P.S. he can't cover his own shadow either. See my handle and watch MNF Skins v. Dallas part 1 of the SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Funny because we have burned Sean Taylor for touchdowns way more times then you have burned our coverage (not Roy). When he's not getting beat he's either making cheap hits on the sidelines or hurting himself as he tries to dish out on others. :laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt said:
The jersey horse collar happened a lot last season. Of course I can't point to a stat to prove this but I remember seeing it quite a bit. Not just by Roy either, of couse. It seems like it occurred in every game I watched and in every instance the announcers had to explain that it wasn't a horse collar because the player grabbed the jersey.

It happened a TON. Within division, Trotter, Dawkins, Taylor, and Williams - I've seen them all use it. I remember seeing Odell Thurman do it in the Colts game, I think. That's all I can remember right now.

SantanaOwnsU

Benched
Reaction score
Hoods said:
Funny because we have burned Sean Taylor for touchdowns way more times then you have burned our coverage (not Roy). When he's not getting beat he's either making cheap hits on the sidelines or hurting himself as he tries to dish out on others. :laugh2:

Ask Crayton what he thinks about Sean Taylor. Or your new Daddy T.O....Taylor owns T.O. and I defy you to tell me otherwise. I have it on videotape. Not to mention Terry Glenn...She's scared of Taylor too. So that's all three recievers, scared of the big bad wolf. I have video clips showing all of my statements that I will GLADLY post if you'd like. I think everyone here would like to see some highlights of last season.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SantanaOwnsU said:
Ask Crayton what he thinks about Sean Taylor.

Crayton would probably think, "Taylor? Yeah that's the thug I burned for my first NFL Touchdown".

http://img519.*************/img519/5435/pc5bn.jpg

There's your big bad wolf, looking like a big bad slice of toast.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack said:
Crayton would probably think, "Taylor? Yeah that's the thug I burned for my first NFL Touchdown".

There's your big bad wolf, looking like a big bad slice of toast.
That would have been killer if Taylor had been in the pic.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
SantanaOwnsU said:
Ask Crayton what he thinks about Sean Taylor. Or your new Daddy T.O....Taylor owns T.O. and I defy you to tell me otherwise. I have it on videotape. Not to mention Terry Glenn...She's scared of Taylor too. So that's all three recievers, scared of the big bad wolf. I have video clips showing all of my statements that I will GLADLY post if you'd like. I think everyone here would like to see some highlights of last season.

on a scale of 1-10.............................

just how old are you?

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
SantanaOwnsU said:

heres one that i love.... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7161625295934744894&q=Commanders