Roy Williams Rule, Expanded.

SantanaOwnsU

Benched
Reaction score
Alright. Crayton got behind him as a Rookie, but I think Taylor got his revenge in the MNF opener...I'm sure we all remember that hit. Would have been a 1st down too, pretty much shut the door on you guys. And if we're going to talk about Saftey's helping over the top, as ST was doing (or not doing on that play) how bout Roy, who this thread is about, getting owned not once, but twice by Santana...thus the handle, SantanaOwnsU. What a game...I could watch that game all day and not be sick of it.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Look how scared Terry Glenn is in this picture of him burning Taylor for a touchdown --

redbig.jpg

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SantanaOwnsU said:
Alright. Crayton got behind him as a Rookie,

Crayton was also a rookie. A 7th round pick. A 7th round pick that was just learning to play WR.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
SantanaOwnsU said:
how bout Roy, who this thread is about, getting owned not once, but twice by Santana.

Roy wasn't covering Moss on the first one, and he was the secondary coverage man on the second one (he had primary coverage on another receiver and couldn't help on Moss soon enough to make a difference).

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Don't expect Commanders fans to be that intelligent.

By the way, look how scared Terry Glenn is in this picture of him burning Taylor for a touchdown --

redbig.jpg

Yeah he sure looks petrified to me.

I mean he IS running from Taylor, right? Must be cuz he's scared of Taylor. Yeah, that's it.

cleverusername

Reaction score
SantanaOwnsU said:
Ask Crayton what he thinks about Sean Taylor. Or your new Daddy T.O....Taylor owns T.O. and I defy you to tell me otherwise. I have it on videotape. Not to mention Terry Glenn...She's scared of Taylor too. So that's all three recievers, scared of the big bad wolf. I have video clips showing all of my statements that I will GLADLY post if you'd like. I think everyone here would like to see some highlights of last season.

The only thing Sean (jail-bait) Taylor :shootfoot is going to be covering is his backside when he's getting out of the shower. See illustration below.....

:cop: :moon:

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
This has turned into the 3,498,031st Roy vs. Sean Taylor message board argument in the last 2 years.

SantanaOwnsU

Benched
Reaction score
You guys have all seen Terry Glenn get the aligator arms agaisnt Taylor....come on now, she's scared...you don't get the nickname "she" from your head coach by being tough. And in that video Roy is right there on both of those TDs. I don't know who he's supposed to be covering, but Moss gets behind him, twice. I've gotta go so I'll let you cows get the last word...all I'm saying is...SantanaOwnsU. And don't let Roy forget it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iELrEuqQKE&search=washington%20redskins - the definitive Roy Williams v. Sean Taylor argument ending video. I rest my case.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SantanaOwnsU said:
You guys have all seen Terry Glenn get the aligator arms agaisnt Taylor....come on now, she's scared...you don't get the nickname "she" from your head coach by being tough. And in that video Roy is right there on both of those TDs. I don't know who he's supposed to be covering, but Moss gets behind him, twice. I've gotta go so I'll let you cows get the last word...all I'm saying is...SantanaOwnsU. And don't let Roy forget it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iELrEuqQKE&search=washington%20redskins - the definitive Roy Williams v. Sean Taylor argument ending video. I rest my case.

Moss and Taylor are below average players on an average franchise ...... sorry to burst your bubble.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
SantanaOwnsU said:
And in that video Roy is right there on both of those TDs. I don't know who he's supposed to be covering, but Moss gets behind him, twice.

Moss beat Aaron Glenn on both plays. On the first one, Roy was in the middle of the field, covering his assignment, and reacted to the ball being thrown. He almost got there in time to break up the pass, but he had no coverage responsibilities on Moss. On the second one, Roy's primary responsibility was another receiver, as well. He couldn't help out on Moss until Moss already was past him. And although Roy is faster than Sean Taylor, he's not faster than Santana Moss and couldn't catch him from behind (just as Sean Taylor can't catch Terry Glenn or Patrick Crayton from behind).

Please. We could make a much better video of Roy crushing the Skins and Taylor getting owned by the Cowboys. Hmm ... maybe I will.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Problem is you have all of these former players who played on offense who are pushing these rule changes.
Oh, and the guy who determines who gets fined for illegal hits(Gene Washington-wr 49ers) is a former offensive player.
Ozzie Newsome was a big proponent of the horse collar rule. I'm sure he is one of the crybabies who pushed for the expanding of the rule.
What excuse are they giving for expanding the rule??
Since there are not enough injuries to bring up on tape from the 2005 season they went the route of saying that only 2 penalties were called the whole season? What is there a friggin quota on the penalties for a year???
I think the refs know how stupid this rule really is.
I guess we have to watch college football to get hard-hitting football.
NFL=No Fun League has never ringed truer than when you hear crap like this.
Watch the media drop the ball on this issue once again.
While the media is busy discussing the TD celebration rule they will completely miss the boat on this inheritenly dumb rule.
Until it determines the outcome of a game that is.
Then watch as they suddenly expound on how wrong this rule really is.
It's a shame you cannot play defense anymore.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
superpunk said:
It happened a TON. Within division, Trotter, Dawkins, Taylor, and Williams - I've seen them all use it. I remember seeing Odell Thurman do it in the Colts game, I think. That's all I can remember right now.

I can't speak for Trotter or Dawkins, but...

I have seen every game Sean Taylor has played in college and the NFL. He doesn't tackle people by the neck of their jersey.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
I have seen every game Sean Taylor has played in college and the NFL. He doesn't tackle people by the neck of their jersey.

No, he tackles them by their facemask...

http://img91.*************/img91/3407/ab0366gi.jpg

I've watched every game Roy Williams has played in the NFL. I've never seen him blatantly grab someone's facemask like that.

Never seen him spit in an opponent's face either.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rack said:
No, he tackles them by their facemask...

http://img91.*************/img91/3407/ab0366gi.jpg

I've watched every game Roy Williams has played in the NFL. I've never seen him blatantly grab someone's facemask like that.

Never seen him spit in an opponent's face either.

:bow: