Roy Williams

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
what do you expect Roy to do, chuck him after the 5 yard rule allows? run stride-for-stride w/ him?

Howbout making a play on the ball, maybe reading the play faster, stop staring at the qb.

He is going to have a hard time getting back on the field when he gets healthy, imo.

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
tayloner182;2261521 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just cast that and continue playing? I know I've seen huge "mega-man-looking-cannon" type casts on players in the NFL.

Williams can't tackle with 2 good arms what's he going to do with one?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2262345 said:
So your not putting that touchdown on williams?

I'm putting that TD on Williams, PacMan and the coaching staff on D

everyone wants to put it on Roy, and ignore the bigger picture

theebs said:
Please. I think I will take my two eyes and Larry Brown's opinion over people who refuse to acknowledge roy has a problem finding the football.

If he were as deep as the 10 yard line I am not sure he makes a play on the ball.

I always pull for the guy, but I mean You know, the corners keep changing and the result is always the same, yet the new corners always get blamed.

And I dont think much of pacman either fwiw. He looks extremely rusty.

PacMan let DeSean go, that means the safety then has to take him

no safety is going to take DeSean Jackson by himself

for some reason I don't think PacMan was supposed to let DeSean go...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2262262 said:
Or it's never his fault, provided the usual suspects can find a patsy with 20 yards of him. Option #2 is to concede that, yes, he gave up the TD, but only because he was helpless against such great speed!

Or, it's sometimes his fault, but sometimes not. Like when the head coach comes out and says a given play is emphatically *not* Roy's fault, then the usual suspects, you know, believe him.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2262351 said:
Howbout making a play on the ball, maybe reading the play faster, stop staring at the qb.

He is going to have a hard time getting back on the field when he gets healthy, imo.

Roy didn't stare at the QB, he was supposed to play back, but PacMan let him go, so he had to move forward to take the open WR

bad coaching, or bad PacMan

Roy got screwed

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2262351 said:

It'd be awesome if his replacements play well enough to replace him.

I'm more concerned we'll suffer with him out, but you won't find me complaining if we improve without him by the time he's ready to return. I do think Watkins can be a very good player in this league.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2262356 said:
I'm putting that TD on Williams, PacMan and the coaching staff on D

everyone wants to put it on Roy, and ignore the bigger picture

PacMan let DeSean go, they were in a zone-cover scheme, that means the safety has to take him

no safety is going to take DeSean Jackson by himself

for some reason I don't think PacMan was supposed to let DeSean go...

Well I need to see it again. In the stadium williams looked awful trying to do anything on that play.

Larry Brown said it was cover 2 and pacman was squatting on the route, willaims was 17 yards deep and the ball was thrown right at him.

I happen to agree with brown that with williams gone for a month he may never get a starting job here again. And he went into detail about how the team and jerry will be very politically correct in explaining why williams is on the bench, aka the term packages and sets being thrown around.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2262368 said:
Well I need to see it again. In the stadium williams looked awful trying to do anything on that play.

Larry Brown said it was cover 2 and pacman was squatting on the route, willaims was 17 yards deep and the ball was thrown right at him.

I happen to agree with brown that with williams gone for a month he may never get a starting job here again. And he went into detail about how the team and jerry will be very politically correct in explaining why williams is on the bench, aka the term packages and sets being thrown around.

it may be tough for Roy to get his job back

but that TD goes on more shoulders than just Roy's, to me it looked like he played it how he was supposed to, he went to pick up the open WR after the corner (PacMan) backed off, just DeSean was just too fast

I will say this though, I doubt teams are going to let DeSean get a clean release, and leave him alone w/ the SS anymore

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Spytheweb;2262353 said:
Williams can't tackle with 2 good arms what's he going to do with one?

That game tonight must have really scared you.

Seeing two teams that can beat you senseless must be eye popping.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2262361 said:
pacman almost had a few ints...he did good
Nah, man.

Pac looked lost all game. He was talking to Hamlin before every play. It looked like he didn't know what his responsibilities were.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Achozen;2262383 said:
Nah, man.

Pac looked lost all game. He was talking to Hamlin before every play. It looked like he didn't know what his responsibilities were.

on the last drives i saw him jumping n diving on a few routes....yea but he didnt get burnt.....unless you want to call that 1 play a burn....

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
theebs;2262368 said:

Desean Jackson reception

if you watch, Larry Brown is sort of right. Adam Jones squated on it and released. I think he figured Roy was deep enough that he could make a play. But Roy was not that deep... Jackson runs by Jones at about the Philly 49, then by Roy at the Dallas 40. But Roy turned to give chase at about the Dallas 45. I don't think he was 17yds back.

At that point, jackson is in full stride and Roy is just getting going and then kicks it into high gear at about the 30. If he'd been about 5yds deeper maybe he makes a play. Looks like Roy may have bitten on the play action and that got him out of position to be able to do anything about the pass. BUT...I think he's only 1/2 to blame. Looks like Adam Jones bit on the play action as well and was why he let Jackson go.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
theebs;2262331 said:
Its funny cause larry brown said be on the lookout for the team to very carefuly explain the williams touchdown and how he will be used the rest of the year.

Adam I really hope you are not trying defend roy on that TD.

There's a difference between coachspeak and lying about a fact.

Wade wasn't even asked about Roy during his press conference. After answering a question about the rookies making plays, Wade brought up the fact that Roy broke his arm. Then he said, "That was not his fault on the (long catch). I know everybody is going to say it was him, but it wasn't. So, just to clear that up."

That's not coachspeak. It's either a flat-out lie or telling the truth.

First of all, why would Wade lie about it? And secondly, why wouldn't he wait until someone asked about that play -- or even asked about Roy -- before he lied?

I just don't get why people are always convinced that coaches are lying when they state something that they disagree with (again, not in terms of coachspeak). Could it be that the coaches just know a lot more about their teams than other people do?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Achozen;2262383 said:
Nah, man.

I agree. For a player with a high football iq, he looks lost a lot.
He's got great quicks and an amazing jump on the ball. He's usually in good position to make tackles, but could use some lead in his butt. I never watch the Titans, so I've been disappointed with him so far in games. He's a far cry from Terrence Newman, at any rate.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2262396 said:

Wade wasn't even asked about Roy during his press conference. After answering a question about the rookies making plays, Wade brought up the fact that Roy broke his arm. Then he said, "That was not his fault on the (long catch). I know everybody is going to say it was him, but it wasn't. So, just to clear that up."

First of all, why would Wade lie about it? And secondly, why wouldn't he wait until someone asked about that play -- or even asked about Roy -- before he lied?

I just don't get why people are always convinced that coaches are lying when they state something that they disagree with (again, not in terms of coachspeak). Could it be that the coaches just know a lot more about their teams than other people do?

it's pointless, Adam

we went through this in '05, everyone shouted that it was Roy responsible for both Moss TDs, when noone knew what the coverage was, and who really was responsible

Parcells came up and absolved him of the blame, just like Wade is doing now

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;2262397 said:
I agree. For a player with a high football iq, he looks lost a lot.
He's got great quicks and an amazing jump on the ball. He's usually in good position to make tackles, but could use some lead in his butt. I never watch the Titans, so I've been disappointed with him so far in games. He's a far cry from Terrence Newman, at any rate.

his metrics were outstanding in '06, I think he's just rusty

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;2262396 said:

Secretly, theebs and Inman know that play wasn't on Roy. They're saying otherwise right now, but it's just poster-speak.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yet another pathetic Roy thread.

Dawkins got lit up like a christmas tree today, but I bet you don't see eagles fans bashing on him. It's cuz they know he's still a playmaker and even playmakers sometimes give up big plays.

That said, if Wade said it wasn't Roy's fault, then it wasn't Roy's fault. PERIOD.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
funny that people mention Dawkins

Witten, who probably runs a 4.6 at best, ate him up on his last catch