Twitter: RT Terence Steele to remain starter

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Evidently, the state of the Cowboys OL is in a very changeable scenario between Steele, Collins and Williams. :oops:

It could, actually, prove interesting to keep tabs on the ongoing developments and who goes where this week. o_O

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
Got to wonder if they are moving towards having the best 5 on the field...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
@CATCH17 is a good poster, but he like everyone else doesn't post about the many times they are wrong, but boast about when they are right. Its not exclusive to him, we all are guilty of that.

Well this specific thing he’s speaking about. I told him well ahead of time that I didn’t care if Steele went on to be great that I was making my opinion based on the information available.

He cried and is still crying.

I admit when I’m wrong all the time.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
This move and the Jaylon move are really shocking to me. In the past this never would have happened.
Agree 100%. It is like the team has taken a complete 180. I am so psyched. I feel like they are listening directly to me. Perhaps they have been reading my posts.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmm..

I asked for that move and they are actually looking at him at guard?

It’s hard not to read into this..

Are the Cowboys upset with him? Are they trying to motivate him? Do they just think Steele is better (doubtful).

Or.. Or… Is their a trade in the world before the deadline next week and by doing this it kinda sends a message to the league?

They really like Steele to do this.

I think there is for sure a message being sent here. Collins let the team down by not handling his stuff in a smart way.

This is a “put you in your place” message and also a reward for Steele’s performance. It also puts pressure on Connor Williams to up his game at LG.

Competition and accountability are never bad things.

Aven8

Reaction score
Love this. The young kid came in, took his lumps, but then through discipline and hard work made himself into a player. By all accounts he's done everything right since the offseason. You don't automatically throw that guy aside for a knucklehead coming off a stupid suspension just because of talent.

It's yet another example of how the culture of this team has changed.

Bingo. I might add Steele started 47 games in college since he was a true freshman. The kid knows how to work.

Plankton

Reaction score
I just love the competitive culture this builds. Starting jobs are no longer handed out like bubble gum at a little league game.

giphy.gif

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Well this specific thing he’s speaking about. I told him well ahead of time that I didn’t care if Steele went on to be great that I was making my opinion based on the information available.

He cried and is still crying.

I admit when I’m wrong all the time.
As fans with day (or night) jobs... who cares if someone is wrong? We all are ... or we would be GM of a team... who keeps track of someone else's post? To expect to be right even 50% of something you have no input in is narcissistic ... I don't agree with most of your post... but he'll at least you have fans tracking your opinion... I guess‍♂️... BTW Collins will win his position back by Sunday...

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Woody--- almost want to lay down another Platinum guarantee that Collins starts at RT .... but i wont....i am worried about our interior line...i wish just put McGovern at center...he is much stronger than Biadiaz

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As fans with day jobs... who cares if someone is wrong? We all are ... or we would be GM of a team... who keeps track of someone else's post? To expect to be right even 50% of something you have no input in is narcissistic ... I don't agree with most of your post... but he'll at least you have fans tracking your opinion... I guess‍♂️

totally agree BEAR------us fans are often "wrong"...and lets fess up when we are.....i just got corrected by RED....he was right i was wrong

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You also said they should have moved Martin to tackle when Collins got suspended at that the team was making a huge mistake by not doing so. You think we forgot that?

Rock--i was one of those who thought they were making big mistake not moving Martin to RT going by what we saw last year....Steel has made huge improvements over off season and it has paid off

he has not allowed even one sack this year

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unless Collins just isn’t ready yet physically, this is pure insanity. We’re still actively game planning around Steele in the passing game. Collins was dominant against TB in pass pro.

Madness

TWOK--- i agree and i think closer to game time we see Collins first string RT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nice job Steele! Way to step up and claim that position!

Hopefully Collins is a team player about this.
What this means in reality is that Steele is better than Williams. Cuz that’s who is going to get replaced by Collins.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As fans with day (or night) jobs... who cares if someone is wrong? We all are ... or we would be GM of a team... who keeps track of someone else's post? To expect to be right even 50% of something you have no input in is narcissistic ... I don't agree with most of your post... but he'll at least you have fans tracking your opinion... I guess‍♂️... BTW Collins will win his position back by Sunday...

Plus the “professionals” make horrible decisions all of the time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If memory serves me correct, he did play guard his rookie year and was really good at it. I am all for the 5 best players out there.

I may be wrong but I think it was year 3 when he went to Tackle.

I may not remember correctly but I think they benched Leary, who was a much better guard than Collins, than when Doug Free retired they moved Collins to Tackle and IMO he was a better Tackle than Guard.

In 2016 I believe Collins got hurt and then Leary got his job back and we actually improved.

But that was then and this is now and it’s really about is the unit better with Connor at Guard or La’el and Steele playing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hopefully this means Williams will he holding the bench.

Id like to go back and look at those 4th and 1 runs against New England that we got stuffed on and see how Connor Williams played into that. I’m curious now.

terra

Reaction score
I think there is for sure a message being sent here. Collins let the team down by not handling his stuff in a smart way.

This is a “put you in your place” message and also a reward for Steele’s performance. It also puts pressure on Connor Williams to up his game at LG.

Competition and accountability are never bad things.
I think you might have the right of it. Steele has been a lot better than I thought he COULD be. BUT lets face the fact that at RT Collins is better and its not all that close.
BUT he has played very well considering how badly he stank last year so this is the team recognizing it. A in the face warning to Collins for sure. BUT I agree it could very well be putting Williams on notice. Collins would be a better LG than Williams.

Now of course it could be as simple as the team knows its going to take some time for Collins to really be ready to play.