RUMOR: Cowboys - Jets

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
superpunk said:
So we trade up, to trade down again?

That works swimmingly, when I hoodwink the Cardinals into trading me their top 3 pick for La'Roi Glover in Madden, but not so well in real life. I don't see that working. We sell the farm to move up, and someone else is going to give us MORE to move down a few spots?

If that was the case, why wouldn't the Jets have traded with the other team to begin with?
2 number 1's and Henson is not exactly the farm. It's not like we're giving up RW our 18th pick, our 2nd rounder, and next years number 1.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think it's Hawk. It could be but there are a lot of really good LBs in this draft. The way I see it, it could only be a QB, D'Brick or Williams. Those two players are potential HOF type talents.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Go to the site and look at the thread, it was started by a Cowboys fan on another board and this thread is already twice the size as the one on the Jets site.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
seriously, guys, this would be a good deal for us.. I would be happy with it.. Ive been saying make a big splash and get a difference maker.. Hawk or Huff.. we are that close to making a run this year.. it could be the difference.. and we dont give away that much.. hey, half the people here want to cut Henson anyways.. and next year's #1 should be very very low, almost a 2nd rounder..

superpunk

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
2 number 1's and Henson is not exactly the farm. It's not like we're giving up RW our 18th pick, our 2nd rounder, and next years number 1.

Hyperbole aside, your notion that we could trade up, and trade down again, makes no sense. If there was a better trade offer than what we offered, why wouldn't the jets have taken that one? Because they like dealing with plastic man?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Hyperbole aside, your notion that we could trade up, and trade down again, makes no sense. If there was a better trade offer than what we offered, why wouldn't the jets have taken that one? Because they like dealing with plastic man?
If the Jets are dumb enough to make that trade, that's their business. If another team is desperate enough to give you 2 number 1's, that's also their business. Personally, I would stay there and draft Hawk.
I've lived thru the 2 number 1's for Galloway, I can live thru this.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
superpunk said:

It's not impossible. I agree, it's more probable that two teams deal directly but there are times when three teams make things work. Could be numbers, could be specific personel associated with certain teams. Could be that team A wants to be that teams want to pick in a certain area in the draft and a jump of a couple of picks up or down don't get them were they want to be. maybe they want to be in the bottom half so you find partners that make the deal work. It can happen.

superpunk

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
If the Jets are dumb enough to make that trade, that's their business. If another team is desperate enough to give you 2 number 1's, that's also their business. Personally, I would stay there and draft Hawk.
I've lived thru the 2 number 1's for Galloway, I can live thru this.

That STILL doesn't explain why the Jets wouldn't have taken the 2 number 1's offer, which is by all accounts much better than the Cowboys offer, to start with.

it makes no sense.

If we trade up, we're picking someone, because it will mean that we gave the Jets the best offer. Noone's going to magically come up with a better offer, the second we hold pick 4.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
superpunk said:
That STILL doesn't explain why the Jets wouldn't have taken the 2 number 1's offer, which is by all accounts much better than the Cowboys offer, to start with.

it makes no sense.

If we trade up, we're picking someone, because it will mean that we gave the Jets the best offer. Noone's going to magically come up with a better offer, the second we hold pick 4.
Who else wanted to move to the Jets spot?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
If Super Mario some how fell to 4, I'd do it.

i cant see a DE, despite how good he is, being taken at #4 to play in a 3-4 defense. too much money and not enough sacks for that.

i feel the same way about DT, why take a guy who is just gonna get double teamed every play when that can be had much later

the only guy i would feel even close to satisfied with at this pick would be D'brick, i dont see hawk being that much of a difference maker in a vanilla defense

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Not gonna happen... it is silly if you think about it for a minute

superpunk

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Who else wanted to move to the Jets spot?

How would I know? You're the one who suggested we trade up, THEN trade down again. I question why, if such a good deal was on the table for us, why didn't the Jets take that deal in the first place?