RUMOR: Cowboys - Jets

TheHustler

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
i cant see a DE, despite how good he is, being taken at #4 to play in a 3-4 defense. too much money and not enough sacks for that.

i feel the same way about DT, why take a guy who is just gonna get double teamed every play when that can be had much later

the only guy i would feel even close to satisfied with at this pick would be D'brick, i dont see hawk being that much of a difference maker in a vanilla defense

He's 6' 7", 295lbs. He'd be perfect for a 3-4 end and could slide inside when we need 4 down lineman.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
THE SITE IS FAKE PEOPLE... SO THIS RUMOR ISN'T EVEN A RUMOR It's false advertisement...

Let's not ban him.. but just let him off with a warning...him hyping us up and all..:bang2:

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
you know, if it is bullcrap, its AMAZING how much power can come from some random fan on some random message board making things up.. then it gets spread to other message boards and then all of a sudden there are hundreds of fans reading and talking about it, then they talk to their friends about it.. then a writer like JJT will catch wind of it and address the issue and put a stop to it or maybe even believe it and speculate himself but either way, write about it and thousands upon thousands of people hear about it..

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
superpunk said:
How would I know? You're the one who suggested we trade up, THEN trade down again. I question why, if such a good deal was on the table for us, why didn't the Jets take that deal in the first place?
I suggested, if that's all they wanted for that pick, I would take it... I also said, I don't believe that's all they would want for that pick. DEAL DONE...

Then the Cowboys turn around, someone offers something to move up a little bit, we take it.

We pick up a 3rd, move down 3 or 4 spots and snab Huff.

But before we do any of that, we stay there at 4 and draft Hawk.

What I'm suggesting is, there is no way the Jets will only want our 18th pick, our next years 1st, and Henson. But if it were ture, I'd jump on it.

I don't know what you're talking about.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
bbgun said:
And no way would they drop from 4 all the way to 18.

They would if they were targeting another QB.

This is kinda out of left field here but remember a couple of days ago, Greenie was saying that he had it on very reliable info that the Jets wanted Clemons out of Oregon and would likely take him in the first round. Now I don't see this as a smart move either so before you nail me to the wood here, this was reported on Mike and Mike and Greenie said he had it from a very reliable source within the organization.

Would be stupid to me but hey....

bags

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this won't happen. There's a guy on jetsinsider.net talking about a different rumor involving the jets, and he seems pretty credible. I read 41 pages of the thread last night. Anything is possible, and I'm not willing to take what some wanker on the internet says as truth, but I think the boys should have learned by now not to trade away so many top picks for one player.

(http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115575)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
bbgun said:
And no way would they drop from 4 all the way to 18.

The first poster (or 2nd) over at the Jets message board had a pretty good explanation for why they would. They already have the #29 pick, they would move down, still have two first round picks this year, then get two first rounders next year. The options for packaging of picks, etc. after that are pretty extensive. Or you could just have 4 first rounders in 2 years.

That being said, most of the posters over there want nothing to do with Henson.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
THE SITE IS FAKE PEOPLE... SO THIS RUMOR ISN'T EVEN A RUMOR It's false advertisement...

Let's not ban him.. but just let him off with a warning...him hyping us up and all..:bang2:
Shut your face about banning - THE SITE IS REAL.

superpunk

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Then the Cowboys turn around, someone offers something to move up a little bit, we take it.

We pick up a 3rd, move down 3 or 4 spots and snab Huff.

I'm talking about THAT part. IF that scenario plays out, we're obviously getting shafted, right? Because if the offer we take to trade down is so good, why didn't the Jets take that offer in the first place?

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Where's the news about the Cowboys trading for the 4th pick though?
Do you need your hand held? Go to forums and it says it in a BIG FAT POST.
You should be banned for sucking at the internet...

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
Do you need your hand held? Go to forums and it says it in a BIG FAT POST.
You should be banned for sucking at the internet...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

you take the internet pretty serious.......

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

Yeah the quoted "source" is another forum... www.footballsfuture.com

:rolleyes:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60756

I read about a month ago a small blurb in the middle of useless Draft ranting that said, "dont be surprised if Hawks a Cowboy"... I forget with site is was on but it was by a writer covering the draft... I rolled my eyes and didnt pay it any attention....

Well today i stopped by the Sports Plant in Euclid, Ohio... A few draft hopefulls have been working out there including Ohio State Giard Rob Simms... The Sports Plant is in a chain with other similar facilitys that boast the amount of Draft Hopefulls working out at there facilitys...

The talk of the gym today... The new "star" in Dallas wont be T.O.... It will be AJ Hawk...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I'm talking about THAT part. IF that scenario plays out, we're obviously getting shafted, right? Because if the offer we take to trade down is so good, why didn't the Jets take that offer in the first place?
They have 2 1st rounders, that's expensive.. Maybe they don't want to pay for something that early.

Maybe they want 2 number 1's next year? Who knows. The point is, who cares? Who cares what and why other teams do the stupid or intelligent things they do?

No one cared that the Boys gave up 2 1st rounders for Galloway.. But if they are willing to take 2 1st, and Henson, then that's their loss IMO.

TheHustler

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

1. You said the site was fake. It's not.

2. TB already linked it.