Rumor: Dallas Cowboys To Reportedly Offer Dak Prescott Same 5-Year $175 Million Deal He Turned Down

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Can't trade a player not under contract. If I was his agent, and Dallas tags, simply don't sign until the deadline (July 15). Gives any player tagged leverage, as it is after the draft.

True, I expect both sides to trying to work a deal, it really is not a best case scenario for either side. Cowboys taking a 37 mill hit right off the bat I don't think is something that they want and I'm sure Dak wants the security of a longer deal than that of a franchise tag

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would question the source on this one, guys. Brobible.com?!
Source? It’s probably Jerry and Stephen. That’s their MO. Leak their perspective to the press with only dollar amounts and length of contract. There are a TON of details in an NFL contract that matter. A dollar amount and length is not even 1/8 of what goes into a contract.

That is like posting a menu in a restaurant with an item that says “Food- one plate full- $15.” What is the food item? Side items?

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Additionally, because the franchise tag for Dak is $37.7 million, that would be the starting point for a new contract. France won't budge on this, unless Dak steps in. Much like DLaw called Stephen to restart talks.

Gaede

Reaction score
Source? It’s probably Jerry and Stephen. That’s their MO. Leak their perspective to the press with only dollar amounts and length of contract. There are a TON of details in an NFL contract that matter. A dollar amount and length is not even 1/8 of what goes into a contract.

That is like posting a menu in a restaurant with an item that says “Food- one plate full- $15.” What is the food item? Side items?

Lol, if Jerry and Stephen wanted to leak this, it'd be on espn or nfl.com, not some dude on 'brobible'

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Sure there are a lot of details that go into a contract but money, length of deal and guaranteed money are big parts of any deal. If you want to compare to a menu at a restaurant but at least with those big parts of any contract that tell you if you are in a top ranked restaurant or a fast food place.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It seems like the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott are going to restart their contract negotiations where they left off last season.

Last year NFL analyst Chris Simms reported that Dak was offered a 5-year $175 million deal from the Cowboys and he turned it down because he wanted a shorter contract than a 5-year deal.

Via 1053 The Fan

From what I know of the situation, and I know from some people who are in the know that he’s been offered five years, $175 million,” “He wants a four-year deal. If they do agree to a five-year deal they would like a really big number at the end of that fifth year to cover their butts for what the market might be at the position five years from now. And I’ve heard he’s asking for somewhere like north of $45 million in that fifth year.”

On Monday morning, NFL insider Dan Sileo claims the Cowboys are ready to offer Prescott the same 5-year $175 million deal he turned down last year.

I'm being told the .@cowboys will offer @dak 5 years $175
https://brobible.com/sports/article/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-contract/

Overtime Zone? lol Who picks and chooses?

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Long term money and guaranteed money.

Even if he comes back 99% of what he was, he still is guaranteed his money.

I get what you're saying but we all know QB money is going up, not down....35 might've been the rate last year, but with the tag increasing as well as 35 mil QBs like Goff and Wentz underperforming compared to what Dak was doing, it doesn't make sense to even offer that contract...at minimum it should be 5 year 185..

foofighters

Reaction score
It seems like the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott are going to restart their contract negotiations where they left off last season.

Last year NFL analyst Chris Simms reported that Dak was offered a 5-year $175 million deal from the Cowboys and he turned it down because he wanted a shorter contract than a 5-year deal.

Via 1053 The Fan

From what I know of the situation, and I know from some people who are in the know that he’s been offered five years, $175 million,” “He wants a four-year deal. If they do agree to a five-year deal they would like a really big number at the end of that fifth year to cover their butts for what the market might be at the position five years from now. And I’ve heard he’s asking for somewhere like north of $45 million in that fifth year.”

On Monday morning, NFL insider Dan Sileo claims the Cowboys are ready to offer Prescott the same 5-year $175 million deal he turned down last year.

I'm being told the .@cowboys will offer @dak 5 years $175
https://brobible.com/sports/article/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-contract/
Wasn't it Albert Einstein that said something about doing the same thing and hoping for different results is the definition of...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If he doesn’t take it, tag him, trade him and draft a QB.
Agree! Dallas should use the non-exclusive franchise tag. Dak & his reps would be free to gauge his market value with other teams around the league.

If offered a contract from someone else, Dallas would then know his value & could choose to match said offer or accept the two first-round picks instead.

It's simple arithmetic.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wasn't it Albert Einstein that said something about doing the same thing and hoping for different results is the definition of...

I would "If" this report is true then this is the starting point of negotiation not the end of it.

lk8701

Reaction score
Not worth it trade him and Gallup (one year left on his deal) to the Jets for the 2nd overall pick, 23rd overall pick, and DT Quinnen Williams. Draft QB Zach Wilson, CB Caleb Farley, and CB Jaycee Horn in the 1st round. Draft OT Alex Leatherwood in the 2nd round. Draft a replacement for Gallup in the 3rd round. Draft a RB in the 4th round. Sign S Justin Simmons, DT Dalvin Tomlinson, DE Yannick Ngakoue, and OL Joe Thuney in free agency.

Last edited: