Rumor: Dallas Cowboys To Reportedly Offer Dak Prescott Same 5-Year $175 Million Deal He Turned Down

Carson

Reaction score
Not worth it trade him and Gallup (one year left on his deal) to the Jets for the 2nd overall pick, 23rd overall pick, and DT Quinnen Williams. Draft QB Zach Wilson, CB Caleb Farley, and CB Jaycee Horn in the 1st round. Draft OT Alex Leatherwood in the 2nd round. Draft a replacement for Gallup in the 3rd round. Draft a RB in the 4th round. Sign S Justin Simmons, DT Dalvin Tomlinson, DE Yannick Ngakoue, and OL Joe Thuney in free agency.

0% of that happening

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It seems like the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott are going to restart their contract negotiations where they left off last season.

Last year NFL analyst Chris Simms reported that Dak was offered a 5-year $175 million deal from the Cowboys and he turned it down because he wanted a shorter contract than a 5-year deal.

Via 1053 The Fan

From what I know of the situation, and I know from some people who are in the know that he’s been offered five years, $175 million,” “He wants a four-year deal. If they do agree to a five-year deal they would like a really big number at the end of that fifth year to cover their butts for what the market might be at the position five years from now. And I’ve heard he’s asking for somewhere like north of $45 million in that fifth year.”

On Monday morning, NFL insider Dan Sileo claims the Cowboys are ready to offer Prescott the same 5-year $175 million deal he turned down last year.

I'm being told the .@cowboys will offer @dak 5 years $175
https://brobible.com/sports/article/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-contract/

Not surprising that this is the starting point.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Not worth it trade him and Gallup (one year left on his deal) to the Jets for the 2nd overall pick, 23rd overall pick, and DT Quinnen Williams. Draft QB Zach Wilson, CB Caleb Farley, and CB Jaycee Horn in the 1st round. Draft OT Alex Leatherwood in the 2nd round. Draft a replacement for Gallup in the 3rd round. Draft a RB in the 4th round. Sign S Justin Simmons, DT Dalvin Tomlinson, DE Yannick Ngakoue, and OL Joe Thuney in free agency.
The Jets don't live in your fantasy land.

lk8701

Reaction score
0% of that happening

I don't know about 0%. There is a solid chance the Cowboys could draft Farley with the 10th pick. Leatherwood could also fall to our 2nd round pick according to some draft projections.

Hardline

Reaction score
BTW, anyone who believes Dak's agent or anyone affiliated with the team would leak this to this guy should immediately go drink bleach.

Any real report will come from Shefter/Jane/Rapoport
The only real report will come directly from the Cowboys themselves.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
the franchise tag is 37 mil. Why would he accept a deal that's less than that? If this is true, it's gonna be a long offseason. This is going the kirk cousins route, and for the folks who say just draft another qb, how'd that work out for the Washington football team after they let cousins go lol
Sure, a few mill short, and Dak is an ankle short,, has the entire world lost the ability or understanding of negotiate?
This article is BS, but so is the opinion that Dak should be somehow elevated to the high side of a deal,,, sucked what happened to him with the injury, but wipe the tears and take a fair offer.

Aven8

Reaction score
BTW, anyone who believes Dak's agent or anyone affiliated with the team would leak this to this guy should immediately go drink bleach.

Any real report will come from Shefter/Jane/Rapoport

I heard that works for Corona too! ;)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What is Brobible?
I dont know, maybe its some tear drying device that incorporates what a shame that life is so hard on me and I cant be everything I want to be but I know that a a faction of society will still embrace me and support me no matter how I perform.
Its all about how much we care, show the love, I try hard.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Can't trade a player not under contract. If I was his agent, and Dallas tags, simply don't sign until the deadline (July 15). Gives any player tagged leverage, as it is after the draft.

I honestly don't believe that does much in this case. From what has been reported, there are a lot more teams who need QBs this year then there are QBs available. It would hurt, in that it would be difficult for the Cowboys to sign a QB late but if the payoff is two first round picks, then it would likely ensure that the Cowboys are in position to trade into position to draft a QB next year.

JMO

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I dont know, maybe its some tear drying device that incorporates what a shame that life is so hard on me and I cant be everything I want to be but I know that a a faction of society will still embrace me and support me no matter how I perform.
Its all about how much we care, show the love, I try hard.
Uhhhhh . good luck with all of that?

basel90

Reaction score
this is headed to another tag and another year of dak drama . I am sure this will continue to be a distraction on the team , and dak's leadership and committment to the team will be questioned. Plus, another tag means less cap space to fix the Defense. another mediocre cycle will ensure. SMH

blueblood70

Reaction score
Great. Hope he signs, but if they want the shorter contract, then give him 140 over 4 and move on to free agency and building a defense.
what i would have done..f the so called new market..show me the sb and ill show you a new deal in 3 years..