Rumor: Dallas Cowboys To Reportedly Offer Dak Prescott Same 5-Year $175 Million Deal He Turned Down

Bigdog

Reaction score
I dont think Dak want that drama again.
He might have put a little bit too much faith into his agent, and maybe he learned something.
Takes two to tango, and dont always trust the snakes in the grass that say they represent you.
Sure, a few mill short, and Dak is an ankle short,, has the entire world lost the ability or understanding of negotiate?
This article is BS, but so is the opinion that Dak should be somehow elevated to the high side of a deal,,, sucked what happened to him with the injury, but wipe the tears and take a fair offer.
True and if reports are true that he went into Jones's office on the last day to sign the offer but they could not get it done before the deadline than I can see Dak telling his agent to get it done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It seems like the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott are going to restart their contract negotiations where they left off last season.

Last year NFL analyst Chris Simms reported that Dak was offered a 5-year $175 million deal from the Cowboys and he turned it down because he wanted a shorter contract than a 5-year deal.

Via 1053 The Fan

From what I know of the situation, and I know from some people who are in the know that he’s been offered five years, $175 million,” “He wants a four-year deal. If they do agree to a five-year deal they would like a really big number at the end of that fifth year to cover their butts for what the market might be at the position five years from now. And I’ve heard he’s asking for somewhere like north of $45 million in that fifth year.”

On Monday morning, NFL insider Dan Sileo claims the Cowboys are ready to offer Prescott the same 5-year $175 million deal he turned down last year.

I'm being told the .@cowboys will offer @dak 5 years $175
https://brobible.com/sports/article/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-contract/
good exactly what i would have done.. lets start the bidding war and the NEFT coming down the pike..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It seems like the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott are going to restart their contract negotiations where they left off last season.

Last year NFL analyst Chris Simms reported that Dak was offered a 5-year $175 million deal from the Cowboys and he turned it down because he wanted a shorter contract than a 5-year deal.

Via 1053 The Fan

From what I know of the situation, and I know from some people who are in the know that he’s been offered five years, $175 million,” “He wants a four-year deal. If they do agree to a five-year deal they would like a really big number at the end of that fifth year to cover their butts for what the market might be at the position five years from now. And I’ve heard he’s asking for somewhere like north of $45 million in that fifth year.”

On Monday morning, NFL insider Dan Sileo claims the Cowboys are ready to offer Prescott the same 5-year $175 million deal he turned down last year.

I'm being told the .@cowboys will offer @dak 5 years $175
https://brobible.com/sports/article/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-contract/

Hopefully, he takes it this time so we can finally end this debate.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I get what you're saying but we all know QB money is going up, not down....35 might've been the rate last year, but with the tag increasing as well as 35 mil QBs like Goff and Wentz underperforming compared to what Dak was doing, it doesn't make sense to even offer that contract...at minimum it should be 5 year 185..

Do we?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's not enough. If Jerry would stop screwing Dak out of a fair deal he would be able to sign him. Now the Cowboys don't deserve Dak. I hope he finds success and a fairer deal with another team. I'll start rooting for that team.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That's not enough. If Jerry would stop screwing Dak out of a fair deal he would be able to sign him. Now the Cowboys don't deserve Dak. I hope he finds success and a fairer deal with another team. I'll start rooting for that team.
Oh my gosh, that would be so cool!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
True and if reports are true that he went into Jones's office on the last day to sign the offer but they could not get it done before the deadline than I can see Dak telling his agent to get it done.
Yes sir,, I think Dak is a good young man, I very trusting young man, that just got served a very valuable lesson in life.
Just because you have money and you think that by paying someone that says they got your back,,, lol
Thats a fool errand, but we all learn lessons at young age,, maybe some a bit older,,but thats a different thread, we are talking Dak Prescott here.
I actually want to see this young talent succeed, and what Ive been trying to express the past couple of years, but there are the extremists here that if you dont have Dak tattooed on your forehead you are not a believer.
I want a deal done, but it has to work for this franchise as much as Dak,, not so one sided.
This franchise can easily move on from Dak if they had the right brain trust in place,,, thats what is so infuriating to the bi partisan party, not extremists that realize that Dak dow have a future if played right, but Im questioning his juvenile judgement at this point in his life, he has lost dear members of his family so I give him reprieve.
Wise up young man, wipe those tears, and be your own man,, make the wise decision on your own

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can't trade a player not under contract. If I was his agent, and Dallas tags, simply don't sign until the deadline (July 15). Gives any player tagged leverage, as it is after the draft.
offers can be made if Dak likes them he signs then traded..its easy stop making it complicated,..he will be tagged and he may not sign it but they will do NETAG and offers will come..of course all would have to agree..if nt he can sit and hold out..if by the draft this isnt completed i get a vet FA and draft qb start using some leverage..

could get ugly

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Tell us something we don't know........and don't let the door hit you in the a@@

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Long term money and guaranteed money.

Even if he comes back 99% of what he was, he still is guaranteed his money.
See right here,, why would you care about his guaranteed money,, am I missing something from this reality?
I could care less about any pro athletes guaranteed money.
They are already guaranteed more money than you will earn in probably 10 life times.

Adreme

Reaction score
If he doesn’t take it, tag him, trade him and draft a QB.

You mean when he turns it down (because its less than he gets this year if he turns it down), that they should tag him, hope he signs it before the end of FA/draft so they can trade him, trade him and then draft a QB?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
hell...it ain't my money.
$50mil a yr for 5yrs...($200mil.)
get all you can get while you can get it.
Im with Corso,, you crazy little cap wrecking drive the economy into a frenzy fan.. shame on you

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak will probably get tagged one last time and leave as an unrestricted free agent after the season.

Jerry mismanaged his most important player by not signing Dak immediately after the 2018 season.