Rumor: Dallas Cowboys To Reportedly Offer Dak Prescott Same 5-Year $175 Million Deal He Turned Down

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Why is Dallas stuck on 5 years??? If Dak is bad they can move on sooner:facepalm: Another season of watching Jerry sink another year! 25 years and counting Mr. Consistent.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Great. Hope he signs, but if they want the shorter contract, then give him 140 over 4 and move on to free agency and building a defense.

I don't see an issue with a 4 year contract, maybe when he's a free agent he has a different perspective in his 30s on building a team.

John813

Reaction score
Why is Dallas stuck on 5 years??? If Dak is bad they can move on sooner:facepalm: Another season of watching Jerry sink another year! 25 years and counting Mr. Consistent.

More years mean more ways to play with cap numbers. It's going to be a huge deal, cap space is limited to a degree, so that 5th year is important.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But you think Im joking,,, I love you because you laugh, many forgot how,, but Im not kidding, just here this out.
I was stationed in Yugoslavia in the Balkan Peninsula for 7 years as a Marine, deep diving division.
On saturday nights the locals would hold a contest occasionaly called dirt diving, they would actually compete for money for who would climb up this ladder the highest and jump into dirt,, no water.. just dirt.
They were the dirt divers,, some would die, this is true story.
those that survived, walked away with enough money to open up a small bakery, they were happy people.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of watch did you dive with. As I'm sure you know, authentic dive watches are highly sought after right now.

Go Cowboys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It seems like the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott are going to restart their contract negotiations where they left off last season.

Last year NFL analyst Chris Simms reported that Dak was offered a 5-year $175 million deal from the Cowboys and he turned it down because he wanted a shorter contract than a 5-year deal.

Via 1053 The Fan

From what I know of the situation, and I know from some people who are in the know that he’s been offered five years, $175 million,” “He wants a four-year deal. If they do agree to a five-year deal they would like a really big number at the end of that fifth year to cover their butts for what the market might be at the position five years from now. And I’ve heard he’s asking for somewhere like north of $45 million in that fifth year.”

On Monday morning, NFL insider Dan Sileo claims the Cowboys are ready to offer Prescott the same 5-year $175 million deal he turned down last year.

I'm being told the .@cowboys will offer @dak 5 years $175
https://brobible.com/sports/article/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-contract/

I think the huge fifth year that Dak wants would be in the best interest of both sides. For Dallas, it allows them more cap flexibility because they can pour a lot of the contract into that fifth year. For Dak, it allows him to know he's going to get a new deal after four years, either by Dallas cutting him or through a restructure. As always, guaranteed money is all that matters, so if Dallas can give him a huge fifth year while keeping the guarantees reasonable, it doesn't really matter that much whether the total is $175 or $200-plus.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
I honestly don't believe that does much in this case. From what has been reported, there are a lot more teams who need QBs this year then there are QBs available. It would hurt, in that it would be difficult for the Cowboys to sign a QB late but if the payoff is two first round picks, then it would likely ensure that the Cowboys are in position to trade into position to draft a QB next year.

JMO

First, the trade market will be considerably limited, as Dak wouldn't sign until July 14th; most teams are set, cap wise, well before this date.

Second, yes Dallas would receive two first rounders, but not until 2022 and 2023. Unless players are involved, the trade would not help the team for 2021.

Third, only bottom of the barrel QBs will be available mid summer. While some may have dreams of Dallas prying a top ranked QB, it is not likely. I wonder if Paxton Lynch get time off his liquor clerk job.

I'd hate to be in the room once the trade is announced.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think the huge fifth year that Dak wants would be in the best interest of both sides. For Dallas, it allows them more cap flexibility because they can pour a lot of the contract into that fifth year. For Dak, it allows him to know he's going to get a new deal after four years, either by Dallas cutting him or through a restructure. As always, guaranteed money is all that matters, so if Dallas can give him a huge fifth year while keeping the guarantees reasonable, it doesn't really matter that much whether the total is $175 or $200-plus.
The rumor has been proved false. Mods should end this thread because people are still believing it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You can’t even formulate a coherent sentence.
Thats why I love you Rockport, doesnt matter what time it is even in tokyo, you are always coherent.
Consistency is everything... and you my man are one consistent SOB.... luv

conner01

Reaction score
Great. Hope he signs, but if they want the shorter contract, then give him 140 over 4 and move on to free agency and building a defense.
The reason they want 5 is to spread the money to have a cheap year or two up front. Cheap being relative lol
I get why he wants 4 so he gets another contract
But I’ve read they had all but agreed in the end last year so hopefully they get it done quickly
We need it done by free agency

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Thats why I love you Rockport, doesnt matter what time it is even in tokyo, you are always coherent.
Consistency is everything... and you my man are one consistent SOB.... luv
Thanks, I appreciate it. A lot of posters here make it tough for the rest of us.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The reason they want 5 is to spread the money to have a cheap year or two up front. Cheap being relative lol
I get why he wants 4 so he gets another contract
But I’ve read they had all but agreed in the end last year so hopefully they get it done quickly
We need it done by free agency

Well the timing would be right, he signs Saturday night and Sunday morning news conference of Dak Prescott getting a new deal gets broadcast right as Super Bowl Sunday gets rolling and the carnival barker get's to step into the limelight once again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's what kills me. People keep talking about Jerry doesn't want him because he wants a long term deal...it makes no sense....I honestly thought Dak was doing them a favor having the deal be shorter that way they can get from under the deal if he isn't what they think he is.....