Rumor: Dallas Cowboys To Reportedly Offer Dak Prescott Same 5-Year $175 Million Deal He Turned Down

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You mean when he turns it down (because its less than he gets this year if he turns it down), that they should tag him, hope he signs it before the end of FA/draft so they can trade him, trade him and then draft a QB?
indeed, yes, and... maybe

blueblood70

Reaction score
hell...it ain't my money.
$50mil a yr for 5yrs...($200mil.)
get all you can get while you can get it.
good thing you arent a gm stick to NBA and MLB where theres no real hard cap..

insanity...kit is a team as fan id like to see improve! dak at 50mil is doom amnd i say ill take 2 1sts let him limp on out and go grab a project lie MitchT or Winston and start planning for the future in the draft.

back to reality's a dime over 37 is stupid..look at the eagles and rams paying teams to take their disappointing tier 2 qbs who arent bad but they realize they arent getting them to the big one anytime soon. Should we do that..i say the Jonses did this correctly rather have him walk after 2 FTs and move on..

qb moneys insane rather reboot and see if we can win with rookie deal qb and improved defense etc..

Bigdog

Reaction score
See right here,, why would you care about his guaranteed money,, am I missing something from this reality?
I could care less about any pro athletes guaranteed money.
They are already guaranteed more money than you will earn in probably 10 life times.
I think guarantee money they get no matter what and counts against the cap. I could be wrong though and probably am most of the time. Well that is what my wife tells me.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Dak will probably get tagged one last time and leave as an unrestricted free agent after the season.

Jerry mismanaged his most important player by not signing Dak immediately after the 2018 season.
man...i hope not.
offer him $40mil...5yrs...$200mil.
or 5yrs...$190mil.
pay the man.
and lets get to draftin'.

cowboyec

Reaction score
take what you can...give nothing back.
now...
bring me that horizon.
:starspin:COWBOYS:starspin:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think guarantee money they get no matter what and counts against the cap. I could be wrong though and probably am most of the time. Well that is what my wife tells me.
Well of hell yes,,lol, but you are missing the point my man,, these extremist are concerned about Daks guaranteed money, not how it affects this franchises cap,, they could care less.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
man...i hope not.
offer him $40mil...5yrs...$200mil.
or 5yrs...$190mil.
pay the man.
and lets get to draftin'.

That’s what they should do but it has to gall Jerry that he made a poor business decision by not signing Dak right after the 2018 season.

Dak’s price has gone up significantly since then.

That’s the trade-off Jerry incurred for waiting.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That’s so ignorant.
you are ignorant for calling me ignorant..next

starting where you left off makes fans with common sense agree with me..and yet also where the FO agrees because 2 seasons and daks still unsigned..now go cry yourself to sleep. poor dak..

lostar2009

Reaction score
Don't think that offer would work. Watson signed 156M, 110MG for 4 years. At this point they at 40M per season. Once again the office could've saved some money my signing the man to a deal earlier or giving him the 4 year deal. Right now there is no bargains, Watson and Mahomes contracts are blue prints. Only way I see the Cowboys saving is to offer him a higher deal with more years. You pay now but save later.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
take what you can...give nothing back.
now...
bring me that horizon.
:starspin:COWBOYS:starspin:
and wreck everything in your path and leave nothing left over for anyone else,, such a selfish philosophy.
I want my grandchildren to enjoy a normal world, but that wont ever happen, my children wont even.. its a sad winner take all world we live in now days.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I think he has to accept it or work this out. Look at what happened playing on the tag. Your career could be over in a heart beat. Take this deal dak. Its 35 million

Watson got 39M a year. If im Dak im charging extra for the broken ankle :laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
you are ignorant for calling me ignorant..next

starting where you left off makes fans with common sense agree with me..and yet also where the FO agrees because 2 seasons and daks still unsigned..now go cry yourself to sleep. poor dak..
No crying here I’ll be laughing when the Cowboys sign him long term. Then you’ll be doing the crying.

Plankton

Reaction score
85233436.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
and wreck everything in your path and leave nothing left over for anyone else,, such a selfish philosophy.
I want my grandchildren to enjoy a normal world, but that wont ever happen, my children wont even.. its a sad winner take all world we live in now days.
it was a great game til the agents and lawyers got involved.
i was actually quoting my favorite pirate...capt jack sparrow....more than i was expressing a life philosophy.
except when my kids act up.....then i wish i was livin' a pirates life.
saavy.