RUMOR: Dallas wants to draft a Qb

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting a QB in the first round this year. I don't think the future QB is on our roster. I know the Henson Homers are going to boast about his 91.3 rating in NFLE... not impressed.

Who cares if his rating is the highest there, he doesn't throw down field. he only has 229 yards in two games (110-yard average) for an average of 6.5 yards per completion. Woo Hoo. He sure is lighting it up over there. Take away his longest completion of 33 yards and he is under 200 yards in two games.

I hope the kid succeeds, but if you are average among you peers (other 3rd/4th stringers), how are you going to be the future? Right now he's on pace to throw for 1,200 yards and 5 TDs in 10 games.

I'm sure the homers will come out in force to protect their boy, but don't tell me about potential. Potential doesn't win games.

Dave Ragone has potential and he showed it last year throwing for more than 1,700 years, 13 TDs, 2 INTs and a QB rating of 97.5. That's potential.

How about the year before that? Rohan Davey was just under 1,700 yards, threw 19 TDs, 6 INTs and had a QB rating of 105.

These guys are dominating their competition in every category, not just QB rating.

Again, I hope the kid comes around and light up the league, but he hasn't done it so far. And don't give me the "well it's only been two games" when the homers were out gloating about his QB rating. There are still 8 games for it to fall... I hope it doesn't.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfaniac said:
Create fake source: $0
Create rumor based upon recent articles: $0
Cover all bases with possible excuses: $0

Create an illusion of granduer with total anonymity while at the same time establishing bragging rights later: Priceless

:bow:

Bingo! We have a winner!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfaniac said:
Guys, my source confirmed this rumor. He said that Dallas is split on Henson.

the consensus may be split on Henson, but the side that matters most, wants him to stay...the owner

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
This report seems plausible. Vince Young is one of the most dynamic football players available in this year's draft and is lauded as a top-ten pick. Why would Dallas not effort an attempt to draft him if he does drop into the middle teens in the 1st round?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc said:
Not to disrespect your source. But if the team is basing a decision about how to spend its #1 pick on how someone plays in Europe then I think they are misguided.

Europe can tell you if a guy CAN'T play in the league but it doesn't help you understand if he CAN play. Lots of guys tore it up in NFLE and never did squat in the NFL. Very few guys did squat in NFLE and were able to play in the NFL at all.

I don't think you can really disrespect a source that doesn't know the difference between 'player personal' and 'player personnel.'

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
I wouldn't mind getting a QB in the first round this year. I don't think the future QB is on our roster. I know the Henson Homers are going to boast about his 91.3 rating in NFLE... not impressed.

Who cares if his rating is the highest there, he doesn't throw down field. he only has 229 yards in two games (110-yard average) for an average of 6.5 yards per completion. Woo Hoo. He sure is lighting it up over there. Take away his longest completion of 33 yards and he is under 200 yards in two games.

I hope the kid succeeds, but if you are average among you peers (other 3rd/4th stringers), how are you going to be the future? Right now he's on pace to throw for 1,200 yards and 5 TDs in 10 games.

I'm sure the homers will come out in force to protect their boy, but don't tell me about potential. Potential doesn't win games.

Dave Ragone has potential and he showed it last year throwing for more than 1,700 years, 13 TDs, 2 INTs and a QB rating of 97.5. That's potential.

How about the year before that? Rohan Davey was just under 1,700 yards, threw 19 TDs, 6 INTs and had a QB rating of 105.

These guys are dominating their competition in every category, not just QB rating.

Again, I hope the kid comes around and light up the league, but he hasn't done it so far. And don't give me the "well it's only been two games" when the homers were out gloating about his QB rating. There are still 8 games for it to fall... I hope it doesn't.

Whatever dude.

I didn't know average amoung your peers was a 21 point higher QB rating than your next competitor.

His 6.5 yards per completion is simular to Bledsoes career average of 6.64.

Why do I have a feeling Henson could post a 100 rating in pre-season here in the NFL and you'll still post "I don't think the future QB is on our roster."

Have a nice day.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I don't see that either Young or Cutler will still be left at 18. While it's always a possibility, I seriously doubt that either one of those guys will still be there at 18 though.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
acheman said:
I didn't mind the TO thing so much, but darned if I want to see another QC debacle by drafting VY, when we have far too many needs (O-line specifically). We also have a sense of making a run this year, which a rookie QB would not be much help in that regard. Plus wait on Quinn next year if you are just dying to draft a QB in the first round. Everything else should be in place that we could afford to give up some picks next year or the year after to land the top pick in '07.

So are you remotely suggesting that Quinn is or would be better than VY?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kellysheros89-b.jpg

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

:D

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
kellysheros89-b.jpg

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Great flic !

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Whatever dude.

I didn't know average amoung your peers was a 21 point higher QB rating than your next competitor.

His 6.5 yards per completion is simular to Bledsoes career average of 6.64.

Why do I have a feeling Henson could post a 100 rating in pre-season here in the NFL and you'll still post "I don't think the future QB is on our roster."

Have a nice day.

Wow... a 100 rating among scrubs. It's funny you don't mind him doing well against other teams' backups.

You can't compare him to Bledsoe either. Bledsoe has thrown for 43,000+ yards in his career, an average of 231 yards per game. The two are literally in two different leagues.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:

Um, potential is 2-0 so far.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
kellysheros89-b.jpg

One of the greatest bits of body language conveying the message in film history is when the German in the tank goes from squinting to eyes wide open right after the showdown scene.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski said:
One of the greatest bits of body language conveying the message in film history is when the German in the tank goes from squinting to eyes wide open right after the showdown scene.

Good stuff...Don't know the actors name but he played in quite a few WWII movies as a german.
I also like at the end when they were leaving and he went to do the Hitler salute only to realize it was better to do the standard american salute lol.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
benny112980 said:
If we're gonna draft a qb let it be anyone but Vince Young. He's a poorman's Mike Vick.

Now that's an interesting statement considering the "ALL" the NFL scouts that attended his workout at Texas said he made all the throws and only missed on 2 of them. So please explain your statement. One more question are you aware of his completion percentage?

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Idgit said:
Um, potential is 2-0 so far.

Um, he's not the full time starter either. They split time.

They also have a defense that is shutting people down and hasn't allowed a TD, that is why they are 2-0. The D also gives up only 207 yards of offense a game. It certainly isn't because Henson has a 91 QB rating.

The Fire has scored 3 TDs (1 rushing, 1 passing and 1 on a WR pass). They are hardly winning because of Henson's rating. If he had 4 TDs and 200 yards a game, I wouldn't even question why the team is winning. The plain truth, according to statistics, is he has a high QB rating and that's about it. They are winning because of their Defense, not because of the offense.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Not doubting your source or anything, but Mick wrote the following in his column about getting permission to talk to Joey......................

And as Jones did say with the draft now a month away, "Tony and everybody knows we'll be looking at a young quarterback, whether it be late in the draft . . . or if something crazy happens, it may be early in the draft, who knows."

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
Um, he's not the full time starter either. They split time.

They also have a defense that is shutting people down and hasn't allowed a TD, that is why they are 2-0. The D also gives up only 207 yards of offense a game. It certainly isn't because Henson has a 91 QB rating.

The Fire has scored 3 TDs (1 rushing, 1 passing and 1 on a WR pass). They are hardly winning because of Henson's rating. If he had 4 TDs and 200 yards a game, I wouldn't even question why the team is winning. The plain truth, according to statistics, is he has a high QB rating and that's about it. They are winning because of their Defense, not because of the offense.

He also has a 62+ completion percentage. he's averaging about the same YPC as Bledsoe has in his career, has a positive TD/INT ratio.

I just don't get you, Henson is playing well and undefeated.

Your disliking of a Cowboy player confuses me as to your aliance.

Henson asked to go to Europe to get more playing time, he doing quite well, yet you have nothing but hate for the man.

Tell me man, why the hate ? What has he done to you ?

Gaede

Reaction score
there's some nice options in the 2nd and 3rd, and I like Young alot if we choose to move up.

I would be very happy if we did go and get a QB in this draft