RUMOR: Dallas wants to draft a Qb

Gaede

Reaction score
Jarv said:
He also has a 62+ completion percentage. he's averaging about the same YPC as Bledsoe has in his career, has a positive TD/INT ratio.

In two games, in NFL Europe!

We shouldn't judge him yet. He's off to good start, but has a long way to go yet.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Gaede said:
In two games, in NFL Europe!

We shouldn't judge him yet. He's off to good start, but has a long way to go yet.

I agree, just don't understand the hate against him ?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
More likely we are tossing out a semi-credible rumor so that teams interested in Whitehurst are going to think they need to get above us in round 2 to get him. That gives us a better shot at someone else we might be interested in as that is one few guy off the board.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Jarv said:

I understand it. Some folks think that he should be able to step right in and perform at an NFL level. To those folks all players are either good or bad. No in between, no room for development.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
Um, he's not the full time starter either. They split time.
This, I don't really see a need to address, so I'll just ignore it.

the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
They also have a defense that is shutting people down and hasn't allowed a TD, that is why they are 2-0. The D also gives up only 207 yards of offense a game. It certainly isn't because Henson has a 91 QB rating.

The Fire has scored 3 TDs (1 rushing, 1 passing and 1 on a WR pass). They are hardly winning because of Henson's rating. If he had 4 TDs and 200 yards a game, I wouldn't even question why the team is winning. The plain truth, according to statistics, is he has a high QB rating and that's about it. They are winning because of their Defense, not because of the offense.
Interesting. I'll agree with you that a suffocating defense is a good thing to have. Maybe we should get one of those.

We can just agree to disagree as to the importance of a high QB rating to a winning team, and you can just keep making the excellent point that it is irrelevant.

Gaede

Reaction score
Jarv said:

It's some kind of strange mentality that's specific to Dallas fans. :banghead:

I learned from Quincy/Hutch...I'm not taking sides anymore.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gaede said:

Smart Man. Myself I have been leaning more towards Henson but the truth be told if either guy stepped up and showed they were the guy who could lead this team in the future I would have no problem accepting either one as our QB

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Gaede said:

Amen to that!!!! I fell in that too...no matter which side you took...well we all lost in the end.

At this point...I just want someone to be groomed for Bledsoe's replacement...don't care if it's a draft pick/trade/on the roster. My confidence there is very shaky...mostly because I don't know what we really have, that and the fact we are interested in QB's via trade or draft makes me feel the brass is not comfortable with what we have either...

superpunk

Reaction score
Holy headaches Batman! The Fire's strategy with Henson in there is play good defense, balanced offense, and control the clock?

I wish they'd play more like Parcells......

ZB9

Reaction score
If Dallas has a chance to draft football's future version of Michael Jordan around #18, then they should pull the trigger. If they draft for need, they will end up with Sam Bowie. A lot of teams are going to look back on this draft and wonder why the hell they passed on VY.

although, i see NO WAY Young slides that far.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Tony Romo?

Did we cut him already? :D

acheman

Reaction score
"So are you remotely suggesting that Quinn is or would be better than VY?"

No I am not suggesting it. I am stating it as a fact.:lmao:

Eddie

Reaction score
Arch Stanton said:
Whatever happened to Tony Romo?

Did we cut him already? :D

Romo has done nothing and shown nothing.

We're just covering our bases.

Not sure we want to go into a possible playoff season with a 3rd year UDFA QB who has yet to throw a single pass in the NFL.

Nothing really happened to Romo ... that's the problem. He's pretty much nothing.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
In your opinions, what is better, a great performanc in pre-season games or great performances in NFLE?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
In your opinions, what is better, a great performanc in pre-season games or great performances in NFLE?

I think it is pretty much the same. Talent in NFL Europe is 2nd and 3rd string players. I would say it is a bit easier in NFL Pre-season because at least you know the people around you a lot better.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:

Call me crazy, but I would look at both situations and call them good ?

BHendri5

Reaction score
LOL, Wow, at first I was giving this guy and his source the benefit of the doubt.

There is no way we will draft Young as a QB. If he is still around 18, and we do draft him, he will become a WR.

We will not draft a QB this draft, I'm on the Brady Quinn bandwagon, some way somehow we will get him next season. He was the best QB last College FB season and he will be the best this up coming season.

silver

Reaction score
BHendri5 said:
LOL, Wow, at first I was giving this guy and his source the benefit of the doubt.

There is no way we will draft Young as a QB. If he is still around 18, and we do draft him, he will become a WR.

We will not draft a QB this draft, I'm on the Brady Quinn bandwagon, some way somehow we will get him next season. He was the best QB last College FB season and he will be the best this up coming season.

If he's there at 18? what are the chances of that happening. You know, If I win the Mega Millions tomorrow i'll buy a Ferrari.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Dallas wants a Qb in the draft
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------copied from my friend

Mike my source with player personal is telling me now , Dallas is most definatly looking to draft a qb in this years draft . The Word is still about henson . If he lights it up he will stay if not Dallas will be drafting a qb as early as the first round.

Harrington still remains an option but the guy im talking to is telling me Dallas is seriously looking at vince young now and might choose to move up in the draft to take him IF he hovers around 18th.

I think this is great news, I think with bledsoe probably only having two more solid years , this year is a perfect season to draft a qb . this way bledsoe can groom him alittle bit.

anyway im going to be out in oxnard i think this summer we should definatly meet up . are you still with your girl?? give me a shout

Isn't you the same dude that said that Mike Vanderjagt was suppose to sign that day and he didn't.. <So to say that your friend told you this information and he works for the Cowboys organization...Who is he Stephen Jones or Jerry Jones...

I do believe you, because Bill Parcells who actually my cousin tells me that the Cowboys will trade up to the second pick in the 1st Round and draft Vince Young..