Rumor: DLaw looking for 100mils / 70 guaranteed

Rayman70

Reaction score
I rather take my chances with Armstrong and the other young bucks if it means ripping apart the cap and team for 1 player.I love Dlaw..he's a man-child..but he isn't Elite.You only pay Elite guys the mega monster deals like what Mack got. Keep in mind, we have a ton of players that need signed to huge deals too. We can ill afford to let 1 guy receive the Lionshare of the cap..just can't do it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Players don't get that much guaranteed. Silly.

If DLaw wanted that much, he should've stayed away from drugs. He's one puff away from a year long suspension.
that's right, they don't. HE WON'T EITHER.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that's right, they don't. HE WON'T EITHER.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ssive-141m-deal-with-90m-in-guaranteed-money/

Denial_riverinegypt.jpg

Rayman70

Reaction score
D Law will be lucky to get 40 mil guaranteed from anyone. Not trying to disrespect the guy and what he has meant to us. Just saying, we DO have a cap and many others to sign.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure why you folks are comparing D-Law to OLBs and DTs. Even consistently great 4-3 DEs aren't getting the money being claimed here.

He'll get 30 mill or a little more.

Rayman70

Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-year-extension-reportedly-worth-135-million/

The Los Angeles Rams are making Aaron Donald the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history. The Rams announced that they had reached a six-year extension with Donald, while multiple outlets reported the dollar amounts on the deal. It will reportedly pay Donald $135 million and contains $87 million in guaranteed money.
again...DLAW isn't in that elite grouping. Donald is very deserving easily.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure why you folks are comparing D-Law to OLBs and DTs. Even consistently great 4-3 DEs aren't getting the money being claimed here.

common sense right here coupled with fact^^

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
good snarky post..but he still won't get what your sayin. Good for Mack..he deserved it,he's elite.You are comparing one guy that's a transcendent player to a guy that while very good, doesn't change how teams come at us very much.Apples to oranges

Now your argument is just sad. When you don't know, just say you don't know.

Is 25 sacks for Lawrence over the past two years compared to 23 sacks for Khalil Mack also "apples to oranges" then?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
again...DLAW isn't in that elite grouping. Donald is very deserving easily.

Wrong again. He has more sacks these past two years than Mack, in that "elite grouping" you want to make up, with zero support for it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

On deals signed 3, 4, and even 5 years ago?

Jump in the Delorean.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Chandler Jones gets 31 mil guaranteed. WE are talking straight up DE's here...not D tackles or OLB'S...so going by that, I am not paying DLAW more than 40mil in Guarantees. Chandler Jones is ranked 3rd right behind Dlaw. I agree, pay the man, but not kill the team in the process.

Sydla

Reaction score
On deals signed 3, 4, and even 5 years ago?

Jump in the Delorean.

He's not getting Mack or Miller money. OLBs get paid more than DEs.

Case in point, look at the deals DEs signed around 2016 and compare them to Von Miller's 2016 contract.

Now Lawrence isn't going to get paid like a DE three years ago but he's not going to sniff what Mack just got either.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Im not willing to crush and hamstring the team fiscally or financially for 1 guy...NO.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He's not getting Mack or Miller money. OLBs get paid more than DEs.

Case in point, look at the deals DEs signed around 2016 and compare them to Von Miller's 2016 contract.

Now Lawrence isn't going to get paid like a DE three years ago but he's not going to sniff what Mack just got either.
that's right. Position matters a lot.Thats what I been trying to say.

Sydla

Reaction score
Chandler Jones gets 31 mil guaranteed. WE are talking straight up DE's here...not D tackles or OLB'S...so going by that, I am not paying DLAW more than 40mil in Guarantees. Chandler Jones is ranked 3rd right behind Dlaw. I agree, pay the man, but not kill the team in the process.

Jones signed his contract two offseasons ago. So the rate on a DE of that ilk has gone up. Factor in that Lawrence is probably a better DE and that ups the rate.

Jones got $31MM guaranteed at signing but $51MM guaranteed overall. So figure Tank at like $40-45MM guaranteed at signing and maybe $60-65MM guaranteed overall.