Rumor: From Another Forum on D. Smith Signing

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
anyone know which other teams are also lookin to sign him??? this would be a huge signing for us and training camp is only a few days away

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
vikes, raiders, dallas..i dont think the raiders are serious contenders since they just drafted a fs in the top 10..vikes or cowboys

J-DOG

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I understand this, but you said Dwight has no reason to ask for alot of money, which is true, but in his mind, he is going to use the 2 teams as leverage, and with one, Minny, offering him a substantial contract, which could turn this into a long contract talk with Dallas, and which I don't see Dallas wanting to spend the time for, Dallas isn't going to give him the big contract that he wants, so he's going to take Minny's offer IMO
I agree with this senario.
I also do not think Smith is the piece that makes us a dominate defense.
If Smith was all that what is he doing being a FA at this point?
The guy has warts like most players and just because he is available we should not exaggerate his abilities.
I say we offer him a fair contract and if he does not take it then so what.
We got enough players to make the FS position better this year anyway.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
J-DOG said:
The guy has warts like most players and just because he is available we should not exaggerate his abilities.
I say we offer him a fair contract and if he does not take it then so what.
We got enough players to make the FS position better this year anyway.
Ok Mickey... :rolleyes:

He is a very good FS, we don't have even an above average FS... Adding Dwight would give us a very good FS to go along with our Very Good SS, and our Very Good cbs... If the Cowboys added him that would shore up the one weak spot on our defense. A spot we haven't been decent at since Woody retired. Adding him would make our secondaries one of the best secondaries in the NFL, and would help push our defense to being dominate.

Unfortunately it looks like from reports on KFFL that he is visiting the Vikes on Monday. So it is likely a moot point...

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
2233boys said:

He is a very good FS, we don't have even an above average FS... Adding Dwight would give us a very good FS to go along with our Very Good SS, and our Very Good cbs... If the Cowboys added him that would shore up the one weak spot on our defense. A spot we haven't been decent at since Woody retired. Adding him would make our secondaries one of the best secondaries in the NFL, and would help push our defense to being dominate.

Unfortunately it looks like from reports on KFFL that he is visiting the Vikes on Monday. So it is likely a moot point...

Really...:starspin

J-DOG

Reaction score
2233boys said:

Dude this guy is not Ed Reed.
You act like he is.

Relax.
Nobody has been wanting a real FS in here more than me but Dwight Smith is not the be all end all of FS's.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
summerisfunner said:
so I guess a ringing rendition of "Home on the Range" is out of the question :(
Hey I live there and you won't even get one from me. :D

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
J-DOG said:
Dude this guy is not Ed Reed.
You act like he is.

Relax.
Nobody has been wanting a real FS in here more than me but Dwight Smith is not the be all end all of FS's.
I don't need to relax but thanks for your concern.

I act like pairing him with one of the best SS in the league a very good pair of CBs would shore up our secondary and take it from good to one of the best in the league. As it is, we have Davis, Coleman, Watkins or Pile, none of them as good as Smith and none of them will help take our secondary to the next level. A legit FS like Smith will...

But you go on being content with the status quo, hopefully Parcells and Jones aren't happy with the status quo.

Reaction score
2233boys said:
I don't need to relax but thanks for your concern.

I act like pairing him with one of the best SS in the league a very good pair of CBs would shore up our secondary and take it from good to one of the best in the league. As it is, we have Davis, Coleman, Watkins or Pile, none of them as good as Smith and none of them will help take our secondary to the next level. A legit FS like Smith will...

But you go on being content with the status quo, hopefully Parcells and Jones aren't happy with the status quo.

+1

Who cares if Smith isn't the #1 FS in the league,,, he IS considered one of the better ones and to pair up a legit FS with Roy Williams (for the first freaking time EVER in Williams' NFL career) would pay huge dividends. I'm sick of this FS position hamstringing the defense and holding back our All-Star SS.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
zrinkill said:
when did this thread go from being about Dwight Smith to being a HEY LOOK AT ME, I think I am the coolest nerd on the net thread?

When you joined it...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EGG said:
Who cares if Smith isn't the #1 FS in the league,,, he IS considered one of the better ones and to pair up a legit FS with Roy Williams (for the first freaking time EVER in Williams' NFL career) would pay huge dividends. I'm sick of this FS position hamstringing the defense and holding back our All-Star SS.
:hammer:

silverbear

Reaction score
2233boys said:
Personally, I like to do the whole Tom Cruise in Risky Business deal... I know, I know, boxers and shades. But to me, a nice pair of panties and a feathery boa are the way to go... There is just something about sliding around on wood floors, while wearing panties and a boa fluttering about your neck, that makes Old Time Rock and Roll even more enjoyable.

Bob Seger would be so pround...

silverbear

Reaction score
J-DOG said:

He ticked off the Saints' brass by being critical of them last season... I mean, REALLY critical, even when some of the brass was within earshot...

For some reason, they didn't seem to like that...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
silverbear said:
When you joined it...

Alright Drama Queen .......

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/1577-1420Black20Bear20running20in20.jpg